• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite region geographically speaking?

JanicePlayground

Janice Playground
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Do you guys and girls have a favorite region, geographically speaking?
    I've been replaying the games again and I've just realized my massive love for Sinnoh, its cold ambiance and its mythological mountain. It's probably the region I love venturing myself on the most (despite the high dependance on HMs)

But I also stay split between Hoenn and Unova. I just love the sense of wonder on traversing the seas of Hoenn, or the calm and comforting sensation Unova gives me. Still... I think Sinnoh takes the cake.

What about yours? What's your favorite region?

JanicePlayground

Janice Playground
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Hoenn! There's something about how the region is laid out that I enjoy - water and all. I've explored it so many times and just really like the locations and the way they're all mapped out in relation to each other. ❤️ Replaying Platinum though so will see if that sparks any fresh love for Sinnoh again!

I know exactly what you mean. hehe
    Hoenn was also my first real contact with Pokémon, so its layout grew on me. It definitely sparks this sense of exploration on me as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Sinnoh is my favorite region as well but Alola is a very close second as I'm a sucker for anything tropical orientated/Hawaii inspired

Years
    While I absolutely love the ambience of Hoenn and playing it through is my favorite, if I were to choose somewhere to live it'd probably be Sinnoh because I absolutely cannot stand the heat.

Years
    sinnoh would still be my favourite region because i prefer the cold over the heat lol. @__@ which interestingly enough is why i also like galar! we really do need more non-tropical regions, imo.

Years
    • Seen today
    I prefer cold regions (not a fan of tropical weather) with a decent variety of locations, mountains, forests, caves and ruins to explore, towns with different styles, and as little water as possible because surfing bores me rather quick (unless it's USUM Mantine Surfing, that was actually fun).

So I guess I'd pick either Sinnoh or Unova. Johto in the HGSS remakes with its ancient Japanese vibes also has its charm.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love Hoenn. I think it has an almost perfect layout and I love the transitions of the region and the unique towns and cities. Runner ups would be Sinnoh and Kalos.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Unova and Hoenn are my fav regions, but Hoenn definitely has Unova beat when it comes to geography. I want to live in the jungle of Route 119.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Sinnoh is just amazing. I find it really cool how huge the region is and how everything is somehow linked to each other with Mt. Coronet being right in the middle of it. If we keep talking about the weather tho, then maybe Johto or any of the other regions with not-too-extreme weather.

Back