• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite sort of Pokéball?

Which is your favourite Pokéball?

• Cherish ball

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Dive ball

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Dusk ball

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Great ball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heal ball

• Luxury ball

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Master ball

• Nest ball

• Net ball

• Pokéball ball

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Premier ball

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Quick ball

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Repeat ball

• Timer ball

• Ultra ball

• Total voters

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
Years
  • So a lot of people favourite different Pokéballs to others, what is your favourite for catching Pokémon? - mine has to be the original Pokéball just because it's harder to catch Pokémon in them! I like a challenge, but of course I have a nice Master ball just in case I happen to come across a shiny Abra who is likely to use teleport as I am about to catch it - even so I like the look of the Pokéballs better to, the originality of them.

I challenged myself to catch every legendary Pokémon in a Pokéball to, but I failed that challenge - when battling and catching Deoxys, because I caught Rayquaza in a Pokéball and you aren't given choice to save between then, and the battle with Deoxys (I thought the part when the triangle came out of the meteor and made the noises as they was on the GBA Deoxys event was the most epic part of the game! I didn't spoil it, and don't expect this to happen!) anyway around 20 Pokéballs later I just threw my Master ball, which ruined my streak...

Anyway what's your favourite Pokéball?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    By usefulness - the Timer Ball. It's always satisfying to carry a bunch of these around after a frustrating battle.

By looks - the Premier Ball. It's colour palette makes it look sleek and modern. I'm also a fan of the Luxury Ball and the Cherish Ball.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I like different balls for different mons. I especially like Luxury Balls, but I'm not ambitious enough to try and catch all the mons I want with it. Rare version exclusive balls are also neat. But what I really want are the sticker capsules from D/P/P.

Years
  • For efficiency, it's the Quick and Dusk Balls. The former can be good for catching a fair number of things on just the first turn while the latter makes it easier to catch Pokemon with low catch rates, albeit at night.

Design-wise, I love the Dive Ball. The wave pattern on it makes it feel such a nice look with any Water-type Pokemon, and the colors on it are beautiful as well.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I love the Cherish Ball, Premier Ball, Luxury Ball and Dusk Ball the most!
    Also love the design of Net Ball, it looks so cool!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Normal Pokemon go into PokeBalls

Legendaries go into Premier Balls

Oh how I wish they'd bring ball seals back!

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I like using luxury ball for its effect of raising the rate of happiness, but I personally prefer the apricorn pokeball from johto, especially the moon ball and friend ball due to their awesome design.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    By usefulness, I like the Quick Ball (it worked like a masterball for me on X&Y), but I rather use the Luxury ball because it looks soooooooo cool

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I disapprove the lack of multiple choice options in the poll. :<

If you need to know, my personal favorites are Quick Ball, Dive Ball and Premier Ball design wise. Usefulness wise... I honestly don't have a favorite. I just go with whatever suits the designs of the Pokemon I'm catching it with.

Years
  • (Not sure why this is in ORAS forum...) But anyway, I voted the Dusk Ball, as it has a nice design and is one of the most useful ones of all of them, since at night and in caves it gives a large boost. Quick Balls and Timer Balls are also good, but one I really like in terms of design is the Luxury Ball. I have quite a few of my favorite Pokémon bred in those.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Having a near-complete dex all ported over from Gen IV makes me pretty partial to the repeat ball. I can catch anything I need to with it, anything I'm missing will be in a Cherish ball, if you know what I mean ;)

I get kinda sketched out when I get a Pokemon in a Luxury Ball on a Wonder Trade. For some reason I suspect them to be hacked this way. Does anyone else feel the same?

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I pretty much exclusively use Ultra Balls and Quick Balls, I never really bought the other special balls (for no good reason; I really should have).

Appearance-wise, though, I love the Premier Ball.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Luxury and Premier Ball, they are awesome!! Black and white, respectively :) I'm also a fan of the Dive Ball, Nest Ball, and Dusk Ball.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • For catching, Ultra Balls and Quick Balls are the way to go. But I like catching Pokemon in balls that seem to match, and Luxury Balls and regular Poke Balls go with almost everything, so I buy a lot of those.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • For looks it would have to be the Heal Ball. For use, I love the Quick and Ultra Balls. I've caught most of my pokemon with these two. xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Since I tend to go to the trouble of having a False Swiper that can inflict paralysis or sleep, I've taken to only buying regular Pokéballs since under such circumstances they perform well against almost anything. Saves money, too, since the costlier balls are disproportionately so. It also ensures pretty much all my monsters are in the same kind of ball, and I guess I'm a stickler for consistency. Given the choice, I'd exclusively use Premier Balls, and I eventually did in Y when I found that the ball shop in Lumiose actually sells them in bulk on their own.

Years
  • Absolutely love the Luxury Ball, especially in X/Y/OR/AS. Poke/Premier ball is a close second.

I absolutely despise the raise red on the Great ball. Looks ugly to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Quick Balls and Timer Balls are the ones I use the most. I've even got lucky and caught legendaries with a Quick Ball.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like a lot of them, and on top of my list would be Master Ball.

Master Ball isn't that rare to find in-game; throughout story-line, we're able to get a hold of this item only once, and that's all. We could get ourselves by winning lottery tickets, but chances of this happen are very, very slim, unfortunately. On top of it all, it guarantees capture; regardless of what kind of Pokémon it is, the ball will successfully work. Usually, I tend to utilize it when capturing roaming legendaries, since they're one of the most tough and whatnot.

Next would be regular Poké Ball. They're cheap, and a lot of people know of it, even those who don't precisely follow Pokémon nor even a fan. Its color-scheme is rather simplistic, too, as well as its overall texture, which makes me like it even more. After that, it's Luxury Ball, then comes Cherish.

Back