• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What's your playtime so far?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    We are about same as you just havent been playing the game much than would want to since it hurts my head a bit

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    165 hours. Beat the story at around 30 hours and then completed the dex at 50ish. Rest has been breeding, raiding, trading and helping others complete their dex. Don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Going to be picking up Sword next week too, so will be playing lots of that too.

Years
  • Maybe it's just that I've been playing this game straight. I dont think I have anywhere near 165 hours but I have beaten both games twice each and completed every post game aspect of the game not including battle tower. I dont know enough about breeding or IV EV training to care about that part and why would that even matter? My level 100 Pokemon can get a one hit KO on a Pokemon with a not very effective hit 8 out of 10 times so now the goal is to make them stronger? For what purpose?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    When I last saved earlier today the game said I had passed the 41 hour mark. Beat Leon around 30 hours iirc.

I dont know enough about breeding or IV EV training to care about that part and why would that even matter? My level 100 Pokemon can get a one hit KO on a Pokemon with a not very effective hit 8 out of 10 times so now the goal is to make them stronger? For what purpose?
    For formats where winning requires something other than being 40 levels higher than everything you face. If you're into that anyway. Not everyone is.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just finished the story at 60h 48m, although I spent a lot of time in the Wild Area, and retraced my steps through Galar a couple of times. Anyway, excellent game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it's not over, next step is to complete the dex! :D

Years
  • I'm 6 Gyms in, and sitting just a little over 27 hours right now. A good chunk of that time is just me roaming the Wild Area collecting items and Watts that I'll probably never use, but I still do it anyway!

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • Sitting at a little over 45 hours story/post story finished, Pokedex is only on 229 tho so still got a lot of grinding to do.
    Plus I want to put together a team for online battles so I will be breeding soon.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    59.5 hrs or so now, as I was getting more dex entries. Looks like I'll be at about 60 when I finally hit that elusive 400 pkmn caught \o/

Seeing 60 and even 50 hours for a nearly full galar dex?! Geez that's pretty fast, I've gotten pretty sidetracked breeding so much. I'm at 99 hours with ~340 or so.

Yes and I'm sure people have completed the dex in less time don't @ me ;P

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^wow lol yeah, does seem like you've been doing other things often! But I went to complete my dex right after the story, and didn't spend hours upon hours in the wild area like some. Plan to do that more though, still missing quite a lot of giga forms 👍

Years
  • I just hit 60 hours last night

I beat the Champion at about 24 hours of play time, so a lot of that time has been spent trying to complete the Pokédex so I can get the shiny charm

Years
  • I've just got the 3rd badge sonow back in the wild place and my time is 29:41 prob gonna spend a few hours in the wild place getting my levels up and surprise trading

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I just beat the Champion for the first time and have clocked in 29 hours. A lot of that time was running through Wild Area.

Years
  • I'm probably going to be on of those really slow people because i'm too stupid to play games. ^_^ Tell me if this is normal, I got slightly over SIX hours so far with only TWO badges. Is this normal? I just got the game Saturday and playing games too much can hurt my head too.

Back