• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When Will You Buy? [ #18 ]

Going to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
  • Going to put down a pre-order tomorrow or sometime during the week. Just one more month!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    yep day one for me but have not pre order yet (will do soon)

not a 100% on the book yet

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I keep changing my mind, I might Pre-Order, reserve, or pick-up in store on the release date, I'll most probally go with my last option, the only reason I had second thoughts about that was because it may be sold out everywhere but looking at it on a real scale, if I go early morning, when everyone is in School/Work/College ect. then I should be able to pick up a copy from somewhere out of the many Video Game Stores locally!

tmega1990

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    I am getting it on day 1! My Mom preordered it for me for a Birthday/Christmas Present!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just found out that luckily, I've got a week off commencing 4th March the release date of B/W, which I'm really happy about so theres going to be alot of gameplay!

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • Well, I preordered Black about a month ago.

Usually, for every Pokémon game, I go to Gamestop a couple of minutes early and wait outside the store along with the five or so other people. XD I'll be doing the same with Black.

Venomoth Z

Lazy Trainer
    Years
  • I'll be preordering my copy of White, either today or tomorrow, l have to wait till the 6th to go get it because l live in Australia >.< oh well, i'll rush right to eb games after work.

Years
  • I have the Japanese game but I kinda feel tempted to buy the German one. It just would be nice to understand the game one time. Even though I know some Japanese I would need to look up a lot of words in a dictionary and I really can't be bothered to do that.
    Still not 100% sure, since I regretted buying Pearl back when I already had Diamond. I also thought about Black City and White Forest which would hopefully work when I have both games, even though I only have one DS right now (but plan to get the 3DS in...a while).

So I will probably get it but certainly not on release day.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I just put down a reservation for Black today at Target (free $5 gift card xD). If not the day of, then I'll definitely get it during the week of release.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Well, I pre-ordered it just now, and they game me the devilvery date of March 8, 2011. So, I will probably have to actually pay for it on the 6th, then I will get it on the 8th. :D

Although with Amazon, when I pre-ordered before with the fastest shipping, I've actually gotten the game a few days before the release date. I got fastest shipping again, since it was only 9 bucks, and since it's coming out on Sunday I think it's possible I will again. :D

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ill be geting both black and white on the release date, and i may get a second copy of white

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I have decided to wait for hopefully the third game which should release some time after Black and White; just like Platinum with Diamond and Pearl. I remember when DP just released. I rushe dout and bought it instead of waiting. When Platinum came out I was spewing, so it's sort of taught me a lesson. So I have decided to wait, no matter what may tempt me.

See, that's why I'm waiting for Gray Version. XD Granted, I don't regret buying Sapphire at all, and it getting lost was the main excuse for me to get Emerald. :\ The only annoying thing is that I did the waiting for Generation 4's Platinum, and I won't even get to play it until well after Generation 5 is underway :(

I just put down a reservation for Black today at Target (free $5 gift card xD). If not the day of, then I'll definitely get it during the week of release.

Lucky. -.-

But yeah...I'm going to hold back for a bit. I've never gotten any piece of media on release day (and I don't really mind), but admittingly, the action does sounds sort of interesting...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    See, that's why I'm waiting for Gray Version. XD Granted, I don't regret buying Sapphire at all, and it getting lost was the main excuse for me to get Emerald. :\ The only annoying thing is that I did the waiting for Generation 4's Platinum, and I won't even get to play it until well after Generation 5 is underway :(.
    Why don't you buy black or white? I wonder why some of you guys wait for a third installment, which we may not get for another 1-2 years. Too long to wait for me. I'd cave in.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I'm getting Black as an Easter present :3 I'm really thankful for this because I'm a poor college student -.-;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Why don't you buy black or white? I wonder why some of you guys wait for a third installment, which we may not get for another 1-2 years. Too long to wait for me. I'd cave in.

Financial limitations (I'm thankful that I can even manage to receive games for my birthday and Christmas, unlike some of the world's underprivileged/impoverished population :'(); backlog of Wii/3DS games on wishlist; and my attempt to be frugal with my videogaming habit (come Gray Version, I anticipate that if I had been playing Black Version, my mind would keep on thinking about Gray's bonus content, and I'd end up using money on two games that are essentially the same thing). Additionally, I like to be self-sufficient regarding Pokemon, so I don't want to have to depend on a White Version player for a somewhat-difficult-to-obtain Zekrom when I can get all of the mascot legendaries in one game without any fuss. Aside from Zekrom, the other version exclusives are far more easily obtained, so I can do more trading for them if needed.

Finally, Black and White Versions have a few flaws that I'd like to see rectified in Gray Version (lack of: move tutors, Apricorn Balls, Follow-Me feature, HGSS menu enhancements, etc.)

But yeah...I waited out Generation 4 (more than I intended to, though ;_; ), so let's see if I can duplicate the feat with Generation 5... If I didn't have Emerald to tide me over during Gen 4, I might've caved in, too... :\

(though if I somehow randomly won a million-dollar lottery jackpot or something, I'd buy Black in a heartbeat, along with Gray when it comes out. >_>)

Last edited:
    Back