• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you want to end up?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Simple question; what country/area do you want to eventually end up living in and why? Is this realistic, and if not where do you think you will end up living instead?

Sirfetch’d

If I am keeping this in the country that I currently live in I will say either the state of Florida or California. I am a beach person and both of these states are known for their luxurious beaches. I could imagine myself sitting in a beach chair in my backyard watching the sunset after a long day at work and just relaxing. Not to mention all of the other perks that these states have.

If I were to pick a country outside of where I live, it would definitely be Italy. I have always dreamed of living there because of the beautiful scenery, amazing people, and authentic cuisine. I could eat pizza and pasta all day long and just omg <33333333333333333333333333

I believe any of the locations I listed are realistic! While certainly not happening in the near future that doesn't mean it won't. I believe that if I really wanted to live there I could. It would be hard work, but worth it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    New York City, definitely. Preferably a tiny apartment somewhere near one of the museums like the Met.

I love cities, and I love NYC. I love Broadway and the museums and how there's little shops everywhere. Even though I'm nervous around people, for some reason, I love how many people are there, and the diversity of them.
    I'd be happy just having a little apartment. All I need is a comfy bed, TV, wifi, and food, and I'm good to go.

I sure hope it's realistic. If I'm not able to go there, I'll probably want to stay in the state I'm in so I can be close to my parents.

Years
  • Dott, want to trade places with me? I live in NYC and don't really like it, haha. :'<

I'd love to end up somewhere in California (San Fran, perhaps?) or Japan if my situation allows for it. Montauk in Long Island was another beautiful place, though.. can see so many stars and it's very peaceful. I'm all right with either a rural or urban location.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Ideally, I'd like to be somewhere in the lines of Siberia & Antarctica, in other words, someplace cold. That way, I won't have to worry about my blood boiling over.

Alas, it is far from realistic, especially for me, so any place away from my estranged father will be good pickings for me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I haven't decided between a busy city, surrounded by impressive skyscraper buildings and bright lights, or a completely rural area with rolling hills and large, spaced out homes encased with white picket fences and beautiful mountains in the distance.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I really love living in the Pacific Northwest, and I know it's where I'm going to spend the rest of my live in... but I also want to live away from the busy city life, so I want to try and live as close to nature as I can, so probably if I could near the city of Black Diamond, about 1 hour 28 minutes South East of Seattle. That way I can be close to civilization but also close to nature.

If I really could - I would love to move to Africa, somewhere like Kenya or Tanzania.

Years
  • King of the North

In the States, probably the Pacific Northwest or California, or North Carolina. Overseas, I'd prefer England or southern France.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Were I to move overseas I'd choose either Denmark, France or Belgium based on the languages, cultures and architecture (and food omg), but my plan at the moment is to stay in England. A town like Reading would be ideal as it's not really a place you'd go on holiday to, but it's a wonderful town for living in. I'll be getting to know it very well over my next few years of university so hopefully it'll make a big enough impression for the long haul. Also they have a burrito vendor.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Mmmmmmmm,maybe Finland!! to enjoy this everydays and the days after lol

fin_aurora.jpg

Years
  • My blacklisted cities: Los Angeles, Detroit, Miami, Washington DC, Dallas, St.Louis, Atlanta, Sacramento, Chicago, Boston, Tampa, Las Vegas, Nashville (wasn't actually that bad, but not great.), among others.

Reasons for blacklisting:
    Spoiler:

The only places I have been to that satisfy my dream location are Denver, and more-so, Boulder Colorado. Then again, Denver is large and has more opportunities, and it's rare I would love a city with so many people.

Boulder, isn't a big city, but I feel like it's just enough to give me great opportunities. Also, I have always been a fan of all things Colorado, it's a great vacation spot. I am applying to Boulder and Denver programs for Graduate School. I kind of have my heart set on this program as well as Boulder; it's just one of those cities that I loved so much the couple of times I have visited. FINGERS CROSSED! I would also consider some areas in Northern California (though it's pretty iffy), Oregon, Washington, (namely Seattle), but I haven't visited those areas yet. They appear to be more my style. I'd say I am more of a LL Bean kinda guy, sort of earthy/rustic hippy minimalist laid back semi-conservative something-or-other. XD

Boulder
    Spoiler:
    Denver
    Spoiler:

All-in-all, I want to make this decision count for next year by setting roots and networking while in grad school without needing to relocate and start my life over afterward. So, it's really important to choose somewhere I could see myself living for many if not all my years and be content. Plus, if I go manhunting and succeed, I may not really want to move from where ever I go to grad school, even if I am not terribly fond of the area.

I would love to live outside the city. NOT IN SUBURBIA! Rather, I want to live in a greener area, just as short 15-20 minutes from a decent size city so I can enjoy having all of the resources available to me from the city as well as have the comfort, privacy, and tranquility of the outdoors! Crickets > Cars/Siren while I am trying to sleep. I don't want to live in a huge home, though I would like a spacious home with a large yard to house a family one day after I land a great job or if I land myself a doctor :p ...So, I Googled for a pretty good visual of what I had envisioned in my mind. A rustic-modern lake house just outside of Boulder.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I would love to stay in the Pacific Northwest - I lived here my entire life, and I love it very much. I love all of the trees, the rain, the culture, and the values of the people who live here. Everyone here is a very... unique character, you could say. Something interesting is always happening, and for the most part, everyone welcomes everyone.

It's very doubtful I will live here after I finish school, though. I am studying to become an astronomer, and have chosen the observation track. Astronomy is impossible here - clouds roll in almost every night. I would gladly relocate for my profession, as it brings me more joy than I can explain, but it will be very bittersweet when the time comes.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'd like to go to Great Britain. Sure, it's colder than Hoth in Winter, but the people there are really kind, it's nice and orderly, and, well, I have a lot of family there.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    If I am keeping this in the country that I currently live in I will say either the state of Florida or California. I am a beach person and both of these states are known for their luxurious beaches. I could imagine myself sitting in a beach chair in my backyard watching the sunset after a long day at work and just relaxing. Not to mention all of the other perks that these states have.

This this this. Beaches are some of the best places you can go to, and
    Califlorida
    Yes, I combined the names
    have some of the best ones available. We should be neighbors. Plus the people in those places are so exotic and interesting.

If I was gonna live out of country, it'd definitely be Norway. It's such a quiet little place, and it's wonderfully beautiful and has great architecture. I mean, you rarely hear anything bad about Norway. It's so inviting.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I would want to stay on the east coast of Australia since it has some nice beaches but I would love to live in somewhere really cold because I love the cold.

Years
  • I would like to end up living in the USA in the state of California! I like the beaches and stuff. If I had to choose a town/city, I would choose Los Angeles! It's such a wonderful place. c:

My second destination would be Ontario, Canada. I used to live there and I really liked it. It was nice and also my birth-area. Town would have to be either Toronto or Mississauga, my hometown.

Somewhere I don't want to end up is in Africa or Australia! D:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I actually like where I live. I mean, visiting somewhere else is nice, but this is where I want to stay. The farthest I might move would be further north, like Duluth, but the Twin Cities are nice enough.

I like it here. I can't stand hot weather, and here it's cool/freezing eight months out of the year. I can live with the humid and hot for a few months, but in the end the closer it is to zero, the better. Seriously, around here at it's coldest it can get to be ten below zero, and with windchill can get to feel like thirty-forty below.

Yet people walk around in sweatshirts at fifteen above.

And the weather here is unpredictable, like this last month it's been nearly fall like. No joke, end of July through this last week, it's been like September.

Years
  • I would like to end up living in the USA in the state of California! I like the beaches and stuff. If I had to choose a town/city, I would choose Los Angeles! It's such a wonderful place. c:

My second destination would be Ontario, Canada. I used to live there and I really liked it. It was nice and also my birth-area. Town would have to be either Toronto or Mississauga, my hometown.

Somewhere I don't want to end up is in Africa or Australia! D:

Oh no! L.A.!!! :p

I just couldn't handle the insane amount superficiality or vapidity. The couple of times I vacationed there, the focus on beauty was just insane. I find that people look better when they don't manscape and thread their eyebrows like stencils, bleach their hair, and finish it all off with a glowing orange tan, giraffe lashes, and three pounds of makeup! (and no, this is not just the women) Exercising, showering, and wearing clothes that fit is usually much simpler and more attractive for both men and women. Plus, everyone is obsessive about "The Biz" and think they are model/actor/singer/comedian extraordinaires; it's like, no, find a real job. Generally, I didn't really enjoy the company of others, I felt like an alien in some weird universe when I conversed with others; maturity levels are just completely different from what I am used to. And, there is so much crime, but not like Detroit, and it has decreased a lot over the past decade. Didn't I mention the terrible air smog? Maybe I have judged L.A. too harshly, but this is just my impression after a one and two week stays with relatives that live there. It might be nice for some people, but I am just diametrically opposed.
    Don't ya love internet rants!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Anyone want to live in California? I'll trade you for ANYPLACE but here.

I want to live somewhere out of state. Probably Arizona or anywhere in the east coast. Or somewhere near a NASCAR race track. But Arizona has been my dream state and I've been willing to move to Phoenix for years now. I want to make that happen next year.

Or Canada, probably. Some peeps convinced me that Canada is really diverse and beautiful so I'd like to live there too. :3

Years
  • I can't see myself moving out of British Columbia in the future, but if I had the chance, I wouldn't mind moving to somewhere in the United States, since the cost of living is a fair bit lower for the most part (some places have houses that are 7x cheaper than a similar one here).

I might also want to live somewhere in Europe too, like Norway or Switzerland. The chances of that happening though are basically zero, so I might just have to settle for a trip sometime down the road.

Back