• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which baby Pokemon do you like best?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Since the introduction of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, we have around 718 Pokemon in total now to catch, train and play with :)

Around this time there are 17 baby Pokemon known, and this made me wonder which baby Pokemon you like best? Have you ever trained one (or several) of these baby Pokemon?
    And I can't help wondering, which baby Pokemon do you think is the cutest? ;)

Also, concerning Gen.6 there weren't introduced any new baby Pokemon, so do you think they should in the future? And if so, which Pokemon do you think deserves a previous (baby) evolution?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Interesting topic, here i go:

Baby Pokemon i like the most have to be Elekid and Magby. They were some of the first introduced, and they evolve into awesome cool Pokemon! I think their design are really cool and fitting, especially Elekid. Ive trained both several times, and ive always been happy with the result. I especially love it when they reach LV19 and learn Fire/Thunder Punch :D

As for the cutest baby Pokemon, id have to say Mime Jr and Smoochum! I havent used any of them, but whenever i see one or the other i have to smile and think of how super cute they are! Munchlax can also be considered really cute in his own way.

Im not sure if we will see Baby Pokemon in the future, but one id really love to see would be a Baby Lapras. I think it would make sense and it could become a serious new contender for the cutest Babymon! Also, people seem to like the idea of a Baby Pokemon that links Miltank and Tauros, which i tjink is a rather interesting idea!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Cleffa/Igglybuff are pretty even for me. I love super adorable Pokemon xoxo. As for new baby Pokemon I don't think they should add any. Yeah they're cute, but ultimately they're pretty useless and I feel like it's a waste of time for everyone involved to add them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Munchlax. Snorlax has always been one of my favorites. Not to mention he reminds me of my old self lol. Though Munchlax does not strike me as a baby pokemon, he is still pretty awesome. I have never actually trained one before, but I still like him.

As for cutest... hmm Togeipi. Togeipi was the first baby pokemon ever introduced. And now that it is part fairy, I love it even more.

And for bring some in, some just need to come out. They are useless, but it can connect pokemon that are very similar such as Miltank and Tauros. This has aggravated me for a while. I wish they would bring out a baby pokemon to connect these two pokemon.

Years
    Tyrogue's branched evolution was an interesting idea, so if they do add any baby pokemon it'd be cool to go that route. I also like the idea mentioned above about a baby cow for tauros/miltank that would evolve to whichever based on it's gender. Otherwise, don't see the point in adding baby pokemon right now.

For my favorite right now it's between Azurill, Cleffa, and Pichu just based on the cuteness factor

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oooh, I like a lot of baby pokémon! I don't particularly like the concept, even though I could accept it in some cases. But I like their designs better than their evos in some cases even.

Mime Jr is a star. It's so very cute and its moveset is very interesting. Would love to have it in a RP at some point.

Magby and Elekid are two other definite favorites. Elekid is pretty far up on my favorite pokémo list, and Magmar and Magby have always been cool in my eyes. Cool... I mean hot?

Smoochum is endlessly cuter than Jynx and I'd take li'l Bonsly over Sudowoodo if I had the choice.

I wish Absol and Heracross and some others had gotten baby pokémon. And Kangaskhan's baby shouldn't be its Mega form, it should be its baby :s

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally love Smoochum. Every time I look, it always seems as if it's about to give you a kiss, which is just simply adorable. <3 Elekid is pretty cute, too, and so is Magby. Honorable mentions go to Bonsly, Budew, Pichu, Cleffa, and Gible. If I were to give a baby-evolution form to any one Pokémon of my choosing, I would most likely go with Psyduck.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Togepi! Loved the little thing since it was introduced, loved it some more when it got another evolution to Togekiss, and loved it even more with it's new typing. Azurill is another awesome baby pokemon.

I like the concept of baby pokemon. It makes pokemon hatching more believable in a sense. Like, it doesn't make sense that a large Snorlax is going to hatch from an egg, but with Munchlax it does.

Years
    I just went through the list of baby Pokemon, and had no idea that Togepi was considered one. Must be the fact that we knew about Togepi long before Togetic that threw me off.

Now that I know that, Togepi's added to my list along with Azurill, Bonsly, Munchlax and Riolu. I've always liked the Azumarill, Togekiss and Lucario lines, and Bonsly and Munchlax are honourable mentions on my list because of a couple figurines I have of them. If I had to pick just one favorite though, I'd go with Azurill.

I've always hoped that we'd get a Lapras prevolution, so that'd be on the top of my list of ones I'd like to see. And while maybe less likely, it would be neat to see baby versions of some large Bug Pokemon such as Pinsir, Scyther and Heracross.

Years
    My faves are definitely Cleffa, Pichu, Mime Jr., Togepi, Azurill, Happiny and Munchlax. They are all so cuddly and adorable. If we were to ever get another baby, I'd like to see a baby pre-evo of Absol. That would be really cool.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I like Elekid. If you play competitive Pokemon, Elekid's pretty good in the Little Cup tier (which is essentially basic Pokemon tier). Elekid has a higher Base Stat Total than most of the Electric-type front runners of LC, like Chinchou and Magnemite. It also has a pretty unique design, its head resembling a plug. Mime Jr. is simply adorable, especially James'. I love how it mimics him, it's so cute. I also really liked Riolu. The Fighting type's always been a really good type for me, and Riolu's a cute Fighting type, in a type that's usually full of rough Pokemon. Along with that:
    "The aura that emanates from its body intensifies to alert others if it is afraid or sad." - Pokemon Diamond Pokedex entry. I think that's a pretty cool ability, imho. It can tell you how it feels via aura.

As for a Pokemon with a baby basic, how about Aerodactyl? I could already imagine a cute, little baby pterodactyl with forming wings in battle. I like the idea of the baby -> Aerodactyl -> Mega Aerodactyl as an evolution line, and even if Mega Evolutions don't count as proper evolutions, I think that it makes sense, as the baby to adult to elder way of aging works in a sense. :p

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I really liked Azurill because it was the first one I got through incense breeding, and my first understanding of baby Pokémon, and why they are existing, because Pokémon need a pre-evolution.

This particular Azurill was one I trained and taught it all kinds of wacky moves and fed a lot of Pokéblocks, to win the master cute contest. And I did so. I'll always remember Azurill for that.

Years
    All Baby Pokemon are absolutely adorable! Even if I don't particularly like their evolutions XD Simply because it's associated with my favourite Pokemon, Pikachu, Pichu immediately starts off the list followed by Azurill, Azumarill really grew on me in Pokemon X since it was one of my more resistant ones; and lastly, I also became familiar with Snorlax as well and seeing that Munchlax is it's Baby form, the latter is rather amusing instead of adorable, haha.

Back