• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which battles do you dread the most?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Just as the title says, which battles in the games are you least excited about? Why do you dread these battles?

Battles I dread are:

Pokemon Colosseum/XD - Admin battles. My Pokemon are never up to par level wise when it comes to these stupid battles. I get creamed and have to run away with my tail between my legs.

Pokemon Red/Blue - Elite Four. For some reason it feels as though they are much more difficult to battle than they are in any other generation.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series - Boss battles with swarms of Pokemon. For example, Dusknoir and his Sableye, Luxray and his Luxio, Darkrai and his gang, MONSTER HOUSES.

Pokemon R/S/E - Norman, Tate & Liza, Wallace/Steven. Norman is like one of those people who, even though I can have six fighting type Pokemon, I'd still be scared to battle. Those Slakings in Ruby and Sapphire have scarred my for life. They're just too powerful. D':
    Tate & Liza suck in Emerald. That stupid Claydol with its stupid Earthquake and that stupid Xatu with its stupid Calm Mind. Stupid.
    Wallace and Steven as Champions always make me nervous. Again, could have a perfect advantage over them, I will still be scared.

Soi

Resident Griffon
    Years
  • I like a nice challenging battle, so most E4's are okay in my book, but I agree with your comment about Norman. I absolutely HATE battling him under any circumstances...

Monster Houses in the PMD series scare the poop out of me every time, its great XP but it takes a lot of micro to get out alive in the higher level ones.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I dread the E4/champion battles. I know that they're strong, but I end up beating them anyway. I also dread the last battle in a streak in a battle facility; if I lose, all my work getting that far will be wasted.

Years
  • Elite 4 battles, any region. This is excluding the champion though, because I like battling the champion.

I hate battling the actual members of the E4 though, I feel as if they do nothing for me but waste time and my items :<

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The E4 in general and also certain gyms like Lenora and Koga as well.

There's also the rival battles which get on my nerves sometimes too especially when I'm underleveled at the time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Gym Leaders/E4 members (Wallace, Juan, Koga, Clair, and a few others) who abuse Double Team.

The seventh opponent in a Battle Tower/Frontier round, as they're usually a notch higher on the difficulty scale than the six that come before.

Most legendary Pokemon battles because those suckers just do NOT like to be caught.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I guess maybe 4 members? But I usually enjoy the challenge and tend to grind at least a bit so that I'm not 'dreading' battling them.

Battle Tower/etc at the end of any round I tend to though (especially with rental teams) because of the difficulty spike that usually comes. And if you lost then, you've spent seven battles for no reward. Most annoying.

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • I can't stand the battles when you are trying to get somewhere in a rush, and a trainer wants to battle. Normally I'm like level 60? And they are level 20, urgh, waste of time.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I didn't mind the Monster Houses in PMD: Sky because I was a Luxray and I used Discharge every time. But I hate battles where the Pokemon use only defensive moves, especially Rest after I was close to defeating them. I liked the Gen IV battle facilities because most of the Pokemon were mainly all-out attackers unlike the few now in Gen V.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • I would say Steven in Emerald now because my team was way underleveled and I was just exploring, but I only fought him once so I don't really dread it. What I dread was Tate and Liza for sure. In Emerald, I finally got smart and caught a Trapinch to train into Flygon. I didn't know what Trapinch evolved into, I just thought it was cute. But training Trapinch helped a lot because I started with Torchic.

I also dreaded fighting Whitney because of her stupid Miltank. Stomp, stomp, Milk Drink, stomp, rollout...

Other than that, it's probably just Cynthia's Double Teaming Spiritomb and Alder's Quiver Dancing Volcarona.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I don't find gym battles that difficult. I know when they'd happen and I'm prepared for them. But I get much more disturbed when I unexpectedly get spotted by trainers in caves etc, especially when I'm low on PP or have a Poisoned/Burned Pokemon. This is especially annoying on solo challenges (which I do quite often).

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    I hated the battle against Bertha, and I had an Empoleon. Her Hippowdon just wrecked my team.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • For some reason when I somebody brings up Platinum, I think of Sand Attack. For like the entire first half of the game, the trainers resorted to spamming sand attack.
    I know it's an easy fix to just switch, but i'm pretty stubborn, especially since I train my pokes to be equally leveled.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I hate battling the Champion, because I know that if I lose I'll have to start all over again, and that just makes me ragefit >:C

Other battles, I dread almost every battle in any Battle Frontier facility after a winning streak of 7 wins. It's annoying when you lose after working so hard lol.

Those Monster Houses in the PMDs are more annoying than scary lol. They just suck too much.

Also, those twin gym leaders in Mossdeep. They kept pwning my Blaziken and I didn't have any good second Pokemon to battle those two freaks :x

Years
  • In Ruby and Sapphire, I'd always hate fighting Norman. Also, your rival outside the shopping place in Lilycove City beat me so many times...
    On the Elite Four route, the only one I never liked fighting was Sidney in Hoenn.
    So Hoenn, for me, had my least favourite battles. But I love the region!

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I would never dread any of the battles in the main story... The ones I would dread were the odd perfect-matchups for your team that would roflstomp me in the Battle Frontier.

Running into a Heatran with a Scizor has happened to me before for instance... Ouch!

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Battle Frontier battles.
    Main story battles are no problem, but the Battle Frontier annoys the crap outta me. I hate the Frontier. :P

Back