• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which DS do you have/are you going to get?

Which one?

• DS Phat (original)

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • DSi

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • DSi LL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZeroHeart

Ace Attorney
Years
  • I got a DS Lite when I finally had the money to get one. I didn't really like the size of the original, wasn't that pocket friendly. I'm thinking about getting a DSi now, since the L and R buttons on my Lite don't work anymore.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I have all three, each one being bought after the other after the one before it looked like it was going to croak, though in the end, none of my DS(es?) have actually broken yet, and seem to work fine after I cleaned them all up.

DS (Original):

Dark blue color-scheme, complete with stylus and random GBA game to fill the GBA slot.

DSlite:

Dark blue like the first one for continuality, missing GBA slot filler, and has a scratch on the cover, but otherwise works fine.

DSi:

Light blue (yetch, I should have gotten the black one), with a miss-matched stylus that's of the wrong shade of blue because I lost the original AND its back-up.

And that sums it all up. All three see equal use, either when I'm trading between Pok
    émon games, or when one's battery dies and I'm too lazy to charge it.

Years
  • I bought a pink DS Lite back on my 17th birthday, I believe. Didn't get it until a week afterwords due to shipping. I've beaten it around and even dropped it in water, and it still works perfectly. I love it. <3

Tonitonichopchop

Cottton candy lover
    Years
  • I have the dsi. I bought it since my ds lite was in bad shape and wanted the dsiware (The only reason I actually bought it). I've actually owned all the ds models, but I think that will change with Dsi XL (I mean, does nintendo love pissing their customers off or what?). I hope the dsi XL fails just because it's a stupid move to even attempt to market something like that.

Years
  • Original.

Don't plan on getting any others and especially not the DS XL but smaller than extra large but larger than smaller than extra large.

Only play ace attorney and pokemon so I wont be buying any of the new versions.

Years
  • H'okay:

• DS Phat - Brother's anger from playing Kirby Power Paintbrush damaged the Touch Screen, resulting in my mum to (kindly) by a...
    • DS Lite White - Brother was charging it on the kitchen table, the plug was on the opposite side, I tripped over the wire, DS brakes. 'Cause of this, we beg mum to get us a...
    • DS Lite Black - Nothing is wrong with it! Yay! Still use this guy but whenever I want to fight my brother on Pokémon I use DS Phat and he uses DS Lite. Because Phat is so cooler. But the great thing is that at August we had a car crash while I was playing on the Black DS Lite and whacked my face on it. Nothing happened to the DS and I got a bruise. But we still had the White DS Lite which looked just like it had whacked mme on my face and broke... and because the guy who crashed into us admitted full liability, I'm getting myself a new DS Lite. Yay for bending the rules!
    P.S The DSi overhype is complete bull.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Original of the originals, a silver one from before they even released the pink and blue versions.
    The reason for my choice is... well you know, there wasn't actually a choice then.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've got the original DS but I'd love to get a DSi or DSi LL at some point.

Years
  • I got my main DS Lite and I also have a DS Phat in case my DS Lite dies on me, which is very unlikely. I never had any issues with my handheld consoles.

Anyway, I can't believe that Nintendo's releasing another version of the DSi, only it's bigger. Whatever happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?

Years
  • I still have my DS Phat that was purchased on the Christmas holidays of 2004. It still works fine after 5 years although I had to order a new rechargeable battery for it a couple of years ago because the old one wasn't holding a charge for more than 30 minutes. Once my DS Phat kicks the bucket, I'll probably go with the DS Lite. I just flat out don't care for a DSi.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I own the original DS(Phat) that waas in the Mario Kart DS bundle and also the Red/Black DS Lite. I plan on getting a DSi but Im debating on it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I have the original DS, a DS Lite and a DSi. I'd rather not explain why I have three types of DS. Haha.

Years
  • A silver original DS that's on the verge of splitting in half, and a white DS Lite. Not planning on getting a DSi anytime soon.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I have a DSi, and a DS lite, I use both of them to transfer Pokemon over to my other pokemon games. I use my DSi for my games I play alot more, and I use my DS lite on trips.

Back