• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • Torchic

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 94 36.2%

• Total voters

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    That's great! When I was younger and even my own family members and friends, everyone hated Treecko. Great to see it's getting some love!

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I will be choosing Mudkip, Pokemon Emerald was the first pokemon game I actually own and I was going to choose Treecko in that one, but my friend who owned Sapphire said that I should choose Mudkip since he also started with him. When the remakes where announced I was certain I would choose Treecko, but after it became the most popular choice I've reconsidered.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Mudkip. :) It's my 2nd favorite pokemon. I never owned RSE, and it'll be a dream come true to travel with a starter, story-mode Mudkip.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • I herd u liek Mudkips...

But in all seriousness, I'm choosing Mudkip. First starter in my first game I owned. I want to grab a hold of all dat 2003 nostalgia that I possibly can. I probably will end up trading with my X version (If you can from the beginning) or my brother though to get a Treecko and Torchic for my playthrough so I can beat the game with all three.

Raiknight

The Marvelous Knight
    Years
  • Treecko in OR cuz I have never used it in a Hoenn playthrough. Mudkip in AS cuz I have used Torchic too many times and Mudkip is the only other option for a starter.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Mudkip or Treeko...but probably Treeko since Swampert's Mega looks like it's on steroids or something, and that's not very appealing to me.

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Torchik because thats always been my favourite starter, and blaziken seems to be a strong evolution.

Sean

Years
  • It's such a struggle for me to pick. Mega Swampert is such a hot mess that I can't even.

But at the same time mudkip. Mudkip

It's either mudkip or treeco for me

Years
  • :) Too many torchics as it is in X and Y for me, so I'll be going treeko and mudkip for each game. If i want a torchic i suppose that poke bank will be usable with the re-makes I hope :).

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Mudkip in Ruby and Treecko in Sapphire, even though previous experiences with choosing Treecko didn't go well lol. It's all smooth sailing until you realize Grovyle's defense is about as good as a wet paper bag and Brawly's Makuhita literally slams you to the floor with a 1 hit Arm Thrust.

I'll probably start a new game on whichever becomes my secondary game and choose Torchic just for the sake of it tbh.

Years
  • My main type is water, and that means, yes, I liek Mudkipz, lol. However, I can breed a Torchic and a Mudkip in Y and just PokeBank it over, I assume, so I might go with Treecko instead. ...Probably not, though, because I am just terrible with grass types (except Serperior).

Years
  • Before the Mega evolutions for the starters were announced, I was decided on Treecko. Then, when they were released, I thought it only solidified my decision, as I loved Mega Sceptile's sleek design. Now, after a few weeks have gone by, I've come to adore Mega Swampert and may end up having a change of heart once the games roll around. We'll see, but for now I'm undecided!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Before the Mega evolutions for the starters were announced, I was decided on Treecko. Then, when they were released, I thought it only solidified my decision, as I loved Mega Sceptile's sleek design. Now, after a few weeks have gone by, I've come to adore Mega Swampert and may end up having a change of heart once the games roll around. We'll see, but for now I'm undecided!

I'm starting to feel the same way. I am still leaning towards Treecko but it's not as solid as it used to be when the Megas were revealed...Also part of my nostalgia for Torchic is kicking in...
    Well I just hope we can buy the other Mega stones for the other two like in XY.

Johnnykal89

Johnny
    Years
  • In all honesty I'll be starting out with probably mudkip or treecko. I'm still undecided but if anything I have all the starters on my Y version so first chance I get they get transferred.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is a rather difficult choice, because which starter I choose depends on which trainer I play as. I want to play as May this time rather than Brendan, but I can't choose Torchic, because Blaziken is uber, and neither Treecko nor Mudkip suit her appearance.

Back