• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which items do you register?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Funny story, even though Gen 5 allowed multiple registered items on that pop-up list thing, I still only kept the bike as the only one registered. I preferred to be able to mount it instantly rather than have to scroll down a list or even press A a single additional time, even if it takes some more time to get to other key items as a result. Looking back, I notice I started this paragraph with "funny story". I don't know why I did that.

Back on topic, Gen 6 luckily improved the system (which is about the only improvement it made over Gen 5 imo) so now I use it fully. I registered the Town Map, Holo Caster, Bicycle, and Poké Radar in X. I believe I did the same in OR except with the Eon Flute taking the place of the Holo Caster. That list will probably stay about the same in future generations.

How about you? What items do you normally have registered?

Guest123_x1

I almost always have the Bicycle and whatever the highest Fishing Rod I have at the time registered as quick-access items. On my Alpha Sapphire, I also have the Dowsing Machine and Exp Share registered.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    My registered item set up is as follows:
    Right: Mach Bike
    Down: Dowsing Machine
    Left: Super Rod
    Up: Eon Flute

I actually have those items registered in place based on frequency of usage along with the most comfortable direction in which I pull the analog stick. I tend to tap the analog up more commonly than any other direction, so the Eon Flute is there since I use it the most. I also tend to pull the analog to the right a lot so that's why I put the Mach bike there which is my second most frequently used item.
    The other two items I use the least (but obviously they're used more frequently than other items in my bag) and so they're placed in the directions that I don't tap frequently or by accident.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • Can't say what I would keep registered in the Gen 6 games, but most often it's either the bike or a fishing rod. In Gen 5, I register those two plus the Dowsing Machine and Town Map.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I regularly register the Itemfinder. If I want to catch a Pokemon by fishing, I register the fishing rod that I need.

In Gen 4, the Itemfinder is available as the Dowsing Machine on the Poketch, so there I regularly register the Bicycle for faster traveling.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • in ORAS I had the Eon Flute, Bicycle, Wailmer Pail and the Super Rod iirc. In earlier games, my main Key Items that I would register would be either the Bicycle or Vs. Seeker.

Years
  • Same as everyone else really, in ORAS I registered the Eon Flute, Bike, Town Map and the Super Rod I believe. I generally just register the useful items that I use a lot and pre-gen 5 I would always have the bike just one button press away.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • In Pokémon Crystal Version, I either had the Bike or the Itemfinder registered to the Select Button.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I usually always register the Bike and the Super Rod. Here lately I've also included the Dowsing Machine/Itemfinder and the Eon Flute.

Years
  • I usually keep my bike, fishing rod, eon flute and some other item I can't remember in ORAS. For the other games I can't remember and I don't have them on me to check now.

I loved when they allowed for multiple items to be registered, it was such a useful feature.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    In oras, I usually register Eon Flute and Bike so traveling would be easier

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    On Y I have Top: Pokeradar
    Right: Fishing rod
    Left: Bike
    Bottom: Dowsing Machine

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In games with a Vs. Seeker, that always takes priority. Next is the bike. For XY, it's usually the bike, Exp. Share, Super Rod, and uhhhhhhhhhh who knows. Replace 'who knows' with Eon Flute for ORAS.

Back