• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which languages do you speak of?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I am fluent in just English.

I know the Russian and Japanese hiragana alphabets, and enough words of each. But I can't keep up with conversation.

As with French, I took it in school until I was 14 but I never took in much. In my opinion Ontario schools focus too much on grammar and less on translation. I remember learning all the ways to say "manger" and "aller" but nobody ever told me what either meant-and I still don't know the latter, XD.

Besides those, I've picked up words from so many other languages, though mostly just "hello" or something like that. Someone asked me once how many ways I could say it, and I named like 20-30 languages, XD. Though most are real, I counted Klingon and Elvish. :D

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    I will do my CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) in March ^^. In two years or so, I will try to pass the CPE (Certificate of Profiency in English).

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    French: J'mappelle Virtual Chatot, ca va?
    Englsih: My name is Virtual Chatot, how are you?
    Hebrew: שמי וירטואלית Chatot, מה שלומך

and I want to learn Mandarin or Cantonese, not very good at it though. ( Learning Hebrew messed with my English accent even, so now I say words differently )

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Je parle deux langues: le Français et l'Anglais. Ma première langue est actuellement le Français, mais ma meilleure langue est maintenant l'Anglais, grâce à mon contour. XD;

J'ai aussi étudié l'Espagnol pour un ans, mais je n'aimais pas ça, alors je ne l'ai pas continué. Ça me met égal si je peux le parler ou non, vraiment.

--
    Translation:
    I speak two languages: French and English. My first language is actually French, but currently I speak English better, thanks to my surroundings. XD;

I also studied Spanish for a year, but I didn't like it, so I stopped. I don't really care if I can speak Spanish or not, really.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I speak 3 languages & 4 if you can count el diablo de la lengua español. (the devil language of Spanish)

English - Fluent
    French - Je sais que beaucoup, mais je ne peux jamais mettre ensemble. (I know a lot, but I can never put it together.)
    Japanese - 私は、今度は私が知っていることは、自然になるのか分からない (I don't really know that much, but what I do know, it comes naturally)

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
    Years
    I can speak

English (duh)
    Spanish (getting to a level of fluency) - Hola, me llamo Pokelover445. Tengo catorce anos. Jeuga el baloncesta y squash. Tengo dos hermanos y dos padres
    French - Ou habites tu? - Oui, J'habite un maison en ville.
    Learning German. - haven't started yet O.o
    I can fluently speak Guyanese Creole. - Eh ya gyal wha gwan be? - Hey you girl what's going on?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I can speak English fluently, and a little bit of French. C'est tout.

Years
    I obviously speak fluent English, basically fluent French, a lot of Spanish (enough for a basic conversation), some Tagalog (a Filipino dialect), a bit of German, and a tiny bit of Japanese (my mom was a Japanese singer in the past).

I'm quite happy that I know quite a lot of languages.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I can speak English fluently. (native language ftw~)
    I can understand Spanish just well enough to get by, however I cannot speak much of it.
    I am very slowly picking up Japanese, from the animes I watch, but I don't think I know enough to be able to feel comfortable in saying that I can understand, but not speak it.
    I know a few words in German, Vietnamese, and some Latin phrases.

I hope that someday I will be fluent in not only English, but Japanese and Spanish as well.

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    i speak

1.English(duh)
    2.Spanish(partialy)
    3.Japanese(partialy)
    4.Cajan(fully)
    5.Italian(partialy)
    6.French(partialy)
    7.LEET

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    English, naturally
    and German (pretty well)

I would say French but I forgot most of what I learned to German lol

Years
    English is the only language I speak. @_@; I should probably start learning french though, seeing as I'm suppose to have it next year.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
    English
    Bulgarian
    Italian
    Chinese (used to speak it (and write) very well but I moved away from China so...)

Back