• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which legendary is better? Mew edition

Which is better?

• Mew!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • Mew2!

Votes: 34 43.0%

• Total voters

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Yes we are back, and todays topic is about Mew and Mewtwo? Feel free to discuss below.
Note: Because there are only 2 options, you can only vote once.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Toughie.

If we're talking in the context of Generation I, Mewtwo was a complete gamebreaker. It had the stats and the moveset to wipe out anything and everything, and there was nothing that could resist it. OP as hell, but I guess that's why it was an endgame Pokemon.

Mew was more balanced, and I liked the fact it could learn any TM/HM. You could literally sculpt Mew to your needs. I just wish i'd known about the Mew glitch back in the day.

Close call, but i'm gonna go Mewtwo. All those days spent wiping out the Elite Four and Stadium bosses with just that one Pokemon gives it the edge over its more adorable counterpart.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Mewtwo is simply a better pokemon. They have the same stats , basically, in everything except for speed and special, were Mewtwo has a clear lead. That said, Mew does have a few things that Mewtwo cant do. Mew has sword dance and explosion, allowing it to take out anything it wants except for rock/ghost types, including Mewtwo, who cant do much back.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Mew. Just because it looks so cute and its playful and childish nature. Mewtwo is too serious, and i've never liked serious characters in any of the anime series.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Mew may arguably be the most adorable Pokemon of all and its movepool is second only to Smeargle, but Mewtwo is simply better almost everywhere else. Better offenses, higher speed, the utterly broken Amnesia in Gen 1, and access to two Mega Evolutions makes Mewtwo the stronger of the duo. Sometimes, the original is better than the copy, but in this case, it's clearly the opposite.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Mew may arguably be the most adorable Pokemon of all and its movepool is second only to Smeargle, but Mewtwo is simply better almost everywhere else. Better offenses, higher speed, the utterly broken Amnesia in Gen 1, and access to two Mega Evolutions makes Mewtwo the stronger of the duo. Sometimes, the original is better than the copy, but in this case, it's clearly the opposite.

Better offences? On the special side, but mew is better on the physical side. Still, Mewtwo is better.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Better offences? On the special side, but mew is better on the physical side. Still, Mewtwo is better.
Mew has a Base Attack of 100. Mewtwo has a base Attack of 110. Unless you're referring to movepool, in which case Mew is better there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Mew has a Base Attack of 100. Mewtwo has a base Attack of 110. Unless you're referring to movepool, in which case Mew is better there.

You have to take movepool into account. Mew got swords dance and explosion, Mewtwo get neither i believe.

novafire91

I love my family!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I would say Mewtwo is better.
If you have the moveset:
1. Thunder Wave.
2. Psychic.
3. Barrier.
4. Recover.
You can give any team, even one with Mew, or even another Mewtwo, a run for it's money.(That said, a Mewtwo by itself won't win all battles.)
I have both in my Poke'mon Yellow team.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Because I'm obsessed with pink and cute things, I'll have to go with Mew. It's just too adorable! Such a simple and timeless design, how can anyone not fall head over heels for it? It's movepool is super cool, I love it's history/method of catching it, and it's mannerisms in the movie are so cute. :) It would be cool if Mew got a mega like Mewtwo did.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
Mew's definitely my favorite out of the two here.. super cute and it used to be my favorite Pokémon a while back, was the first Pokémon I knew actually thanks to my brothers always bragging about having gotten a Mew via event in Ruby! I was super young but I had always thought "CUTE I WANT IT" about Mew and similar cuties like Skitty and whatnot. Hehe.

I do love Mewtwo, but Mew just takes the cake ♥

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Mew. It was the only reason for the Softboiled TM to exist, it could play almost any role in a team (even an HM slave), and thanks to the Mew glitch, you could get one before the second gym.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
They are each better in their own respects. Mew has the movepool and appealing aesthetics and Mewtwo is hands down the better brawler.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I love them both but Mewtwo seems a better choice for a battle and Mew as a nice HM slave.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
I destroyed all my friends in battles with gamelink with my mewtwo level 100, it was my first poke in the team. I had mew in the team too at level 100 (all level 100 team) and barely used it, just carried it to show off lol. It was very very very rare back then own it, no one had no idea where it came from, it just got cloned around in my town and we had no idea where it came from.
I still dont really know but as far as i know its impossible to catch unless you force the glitch. I remember the rumors "its under the truck" or "its only in pokemon green only released in japan".

Back