• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which new pokemon did you hate the most?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I don't really have too much of an issue with most of the Pokemon. I didn't like Klefki, but I instantly liked its typing when I first heard of it, so I was pleased when I learned one of my favorites was the same type -- Mawile.

But now, I don't mind Klefki because prankster is a troll ability. I also didn't like Diggersby at first, but it grew on me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
This new pokemon, you don't seem to be able to catch and that dances all the time, but is otherwise totally useless. Ah yeah Tierno it was. No seriously, your friends annoy me more than any new pokemon.

Real pokemon, I dislike:

-Klefki (it's a key ring, I mean really? It's almost as bad as the voltorb and electrode combo)
- delphox (I personally don't like the design)
-Spewpa (Just doesn't look like a good cocoon design to me)

There were a few derpy ones here and there, but there are questionable desgins in every gen.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Why does Klefki get so much hate? Yeah, mabye a floating keyring isn't the most creative thing ever, but I'd like to anybody here make 720 (or even just 70) designs for monsters and make each and every one of them great. Steel/Fairy is a good typing and it gets Prankster.

And I find Klefki hilarious because of one of its dex entries:

"These key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them."

and this picture:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
Klefki actually has a great design. The word 'Cleffy' is derived from 'clef' the french word for 'key' which is relevant considering Kalos is based off of France. Additionally, a kleptomaniac is one who collects keys. Lastly, the actual design is likely based on a pagan belief that faeries steal small items such as keys, shoes, etc.

I like all the designs of the new gen, but the one that took time for me to get used to was Hawlucha. Idk, he just looks really strange to me. I think it's based a little too much on real people.

Years
The only one I really dislike is Slurpuff, which is weird becuase I have no objection to Vanillite at all so it's not because of it being based off food or anything, but everytime I see one though I just think "Get that thing off the screen, now." Then again I don't really like any of the Fairies, but that one stands out.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
I can't bring myself to hate any Pokémon from Gen IV to VI.
I reserve all my hatred for Bibarel and Bidoof. Seriously. What the hell are they here for?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
Klefki. o_0 It's a keyring. It steal keys. It can have the prankster ability. Now we're gonna have key scratches on all the cars...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't care much for Binacle line and Hawlucha. I will say I really really dislike Hawlucha. It, to me, is one of the worst pokemon in history. Everything else I love.

Years
Here's another one I have that will probably surprise a lot of you:

Meowstic. Yeah, I went there. Because I don't see what the big deal about it is, its stats aren't all that great except for its Speed, and I get sick of seeing it all the time in-game. Serena/Calem uses it, and it doesn't help that the Anistar Gym Leader's ace is one (and one of your battles with the rival comes right before it). Especially after you fight much stronger Pokémon from the trainers there like Exeggutor and Reuniclus. I get that they're trying to use new Pokémon for the aces, but bleh. It just doesn't work.

Sorry, I don't like Meowstic much at all. So there.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I wouldnt say i hate any of the new pokemon, but there are some that are kinda meh to me:
Scatterbug/Swempa: Probably the weirdest "starter bug" of any gen
Aromatisse: Just creeps me out for a reason...

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
I actually really liked Carbink. Lol

Not a huge fan of Bunnelby (thanks, wondertrade, I really needed a 7th one!).

None of 'em are as infuriating to look at as last gen's Darumaka and Lillipup, though. They just annoy me in general.

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
Why all the fairy hate Slurpuff is One of the best. Aromatisse could be more pretty and less scary mask face. bibaracle is ugly as hell 0/10 wouldnt train. All of the mega evo's look like GF are trying too hard especially m-Gyarados.
All the new starters look like s**t.The Goomy line is horrible it looks nothing like a dragon.Yveltal could have been better and less o look another legendary bird.But these are just my thoughts on gen 6 mons.

I love the Ghost /Grass [Gourgiest/trevenant they look awesome] types they did, finally the type combo i wanted since gen 1.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
^ Considering the low amount of Pokemon added this gen, it sounds like you listed just about everybody.

I don't have any least favorites. The barnacle thing does look sorta funny, though, and I never caught one (because I couldn't be bothered to fish except to get Horsea, really), but I'd say it's really the least of my concerns. I tend to focus less on who doesn't appeal to me and more on who does.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
Talonflame, that thing has stupid looking legs. Fletchinder on the other hand looks amazing!

Years
I'm not a fan of Slurpuff mostly because of its mouth. Just.. doesn't do it for me, looks too derpy haha. Malamar and Binacle are bleh too, the latter more so than the former. Binacle will forever me on my most forgettable Pokemon list. >_>

But other than that I like all the rest. Hard for me to dislike any Pokemon to extremes, really.

Back