• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Oriocorio will YOU catch?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Which Oriocorio will YOU catch? I'll be getting the electric type Oricorio. The cheerleading thing cracks me up. What an amazingly funny new Pokemon.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I will catch all of them but my favorite is the Sensu style. Love the typing and color scheme.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    I mean, probably none of them in terms of using them for gameplay, and then all of them if I feel like completing the dex.

But if you want to know which is my favourite, Sensu style.

Years
    I might catch all of them because they're all adorable.

Also I noticed Sensu is our first Ghost/Flying since the Drifloon line...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I think I'll gotta catch 'em all, but I think I might like Sensu style much more because of its blue and purplish coloring.

blue

gucci
    Years
    All of them look great and I love their animations! I'll probably end up using the Psychic/Flying (blue) one as that's my favourite of the four.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Probably none of them considering I'm picking Rowlet.

If you're asking for my favourite, I don't know really. I think the pink Psychic one is probably my least favourite though.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Baile, the fire one, is my favorite. By I think that they will be able to change to different styles. Because the Sun and Moon Website says this:
    The Sun Moon Website said:
    Oricorio changes its form by sipping the nectar of certain flowers

This implies that you'll be able to change it's form on a different islands. Maybe there's a flower in the pokecenters of each island?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I doubt I will use this pokemon in the game. Especially since some flying types are already to my liking. However, my favorite has to be the Sensu Style.

Baile, the fire one, is my favorite. By I think that they will be able to change to different styles. Because the Sun and Moon Website says this:

This implies that you'll be able to change it's form on a different islands. Maybe there's a flower in the pokecenters of each island?

No. I think it just means that it will look different on each island. You still catch each form in the wild. This is what they did with Flabebe.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Which form will I catch? I'm a completionist so definitely all of them.

However, I am going to put it out there that as long as it has the right stats, the pom pom form is the most competitively viable.

Also, I love how each one has its own cry :3

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I'll catch all the birds, they all have such good designs & it's hard to resist to catch one.
    But I want the Ghost/Flying one the most, unique typing & design :D

Sirfetch’d

I will be catching all 4 but I will primarily be using the Ghost one. It's such a cool typing and something we have not had in quite a few generations. I also really like the design that they chose to go with it. I'm just hoping that they have usable stats :>

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Here are .gifs of all four, for those that didn't see.

Spoiler:

Red and blue ones for sure will be used by me.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    And a still image of all four, that should be edited into the OP.

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    They're all super cute, but if I'm going to use one, I'll go with the Electric one. Not sure if it'll end up on the final team as I tend to not plan until everything has been revealed, but since I'm getting both Sun and Moon, it's likely it might end up on one of the two teams.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    I don't really like any of them, so probably none. Don't usually dislike birds like that but these are probably my least favourite design from gen 7 so far outside of maybe Yungoos which I was never going to like.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Mmm, now I feel kinda conflicted....

Official Website said:
    The Sensu Style Oricorio is quiet and collected. By means of its dance, it gathers the spirits drifting about in an area and borrows their power to fight. People who migrated from Kanto feel a great liking for this Pokémon because its dance reminds them of their homeland.
    W-Why Kanto? Wasn't Johto the one with the Kimono Girls, who did this kind of dance? And their dance studio was in the same city as the region's Ghost-Type Gym Leader?? Are they really so desperate to throw in gen 1 references everywhere that they don't bring up Johto in relation to this? I get that with the Ghost-Typing it's based on the dance to welcome spirits during Obon, but it's celebrated all across Japan, not just the Kantou region. As a long-time Pokémon fan, I think of Johto when I think of regions more closely connected with traditional Japanese culture, not Kanto. This is such a lovely, well-thought-out Pokémon design and I just can't believe that even here they're trying to make gen 1 take precedence over everything else... I mean, I know this doesn't affect gameplay or anything, and of course I will still use it (I love the idea of birds as dancers) but this detail is just so baffling to me.

Back