• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon do you refuse to evolve?

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
    Pichu, and Grovyle Pichu has always been one of my favorite pokemon and I just plainly don't like Sceptile that much compared to his previous form.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    I got an Elekid once from the egg you get in Crystal. It was far too cool to let evolve into an ugly mofo Electabuzz.

Also, Igglybuff. I thought it was good for a snort to have a level 100 one with Hyper Beam, Solarbeam, Hydro Pump and Fire Blast. :o

Years
    The only pokemon I don't evolve is Pikachu, as I normally catch two, one to evolve, and another to use as my lightning beast with a Light Ball.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I never evolve Ivysaur. I mean he looks cooler and is not ugly like Venasaur.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    My mission at the minute is to catch and train every single pokemon in the pokedex to level 100 but in a strange way.

Bulbasaur - Lv. 100 Ivysaur - Lv.100 Venusaur - Lv. 100

To to get every pokemons evolution to Lv. 100 looks like i'm gunna be denying a few evoltions.

Electric Totodile

Totodile used Thunderbolt!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I don't evolve Totodile. I also don't evolve Pidgetto because I don't like Pidgeot for some random reason.

Years
    I usually go for stats but back in the 3rd and beggining 4th gens i wouldn't evolve igglybuff cuz i used it for cute contests and igglybuff is just SSSSSOOOOOOO cute

:P

Years
    For some reason, I would never evolve my Wartortle in LG.
    I just hated Blastoise for some reason, so I left it as it was. :3
    Other Pokemon I would never evolve were Pikachu, Nidorina, Piplup, Electabuzz, and if those new B/W starter evolutions are real (which I'm pretty sure they are), I won't be evolving Pokabu, either. T^T

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I won't evolve my Haunter simply because I don't personally like the way Gengar looks. (That and I have nobody to trade with :P)

Kadabra is the same ^

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    First, Haunter, 'cause I cannot trade to evolve him...
    Also, I refused to evolve Monferno can Infernape's looks really like an ape!~

Sabi96

Rank Star 5th-Gen Trainer
    Years
    I don't let my Buizel evolve on platinum, because it's much much cooler than Floatzel.
    I don't let my Buneary evolve, Lopunny is very ugly.
    and i need my Drifloon to evlolve soon!

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    I don't like evolving my togipi,which I evently do but I hate having my cute little togipi gone.Thereis one I don't let evolve I forget which it is

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Munchlax, that kid is so friggin rare I feel the need to keep him as is, and he's one of my fav pokeymanz

Years
    I usually do it with all of my starters where I don't evolve them until 20-25, I just enjoy going through a nice part of the game with just their original form, I'll give in though just to make them a bit stronger and of course, the game that much easier.

Other then that..nothing else is off limits! I actually enjoy the satisfaction of getting my Pokemon to their final evolution.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    rhydon. i made a team based off of the rival of the first generation (gary, blue etc) awhile ago. To make it more authentic, i would rather have my rhydon stay a rhydon.

Back