• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon do you refuse to evolve?

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I never refuse to evolve my Pokemon, I like them all to reach their full potential.

The only ones I don't evolve are the ones that are earlier stages of an evolutionary set for collection purposes.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Other than tier-based evos such as Chansey>Blissey... I'd have to say Vigoroth>Slaking. Yes, Slaking can spam Giga Impact, but if it's up against a ghost I'd be screwed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I always evolve my Pokemon. Although I had a hippy friend that refused to evolve Wartortle because he hates how Blastoise resembles a tank, because he hates anything military. He had quite an unhealthy hatred for Lt. Surge too, lol.

PSI-Claus

The Devil itself
    Years
    My Shinx(s?)
    I have only evolved one and that was only for competitive reasons. The rest of my Shinx are unevolved, and I just refuse to evolve them, especially my Shiny Shinx that my friend gave me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well....I like both Electabuzz and Electivire, so you bet I'm going to get two Electabuzz and only evolve one....

But at the moment, I seriously dislike the thought of evolving my Buizel! He's just...well....cuter and cooler than Floatzel at the same time....I don't know what it is about Floatzel, I know he's scary, but so's Torterra to some people, but I don't like him that much...sadly, it means I never get Crunch, although I can tutor Ice Punch.

I also tend not to evolve Quilava until I really can't win without the boost. It's not that I dislike Typhlosion, I just prefer Quilava, so once it's fully evolved, I always get a couple of eggs and keep a Cyndaquil and Quilava.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Sunkern is too adorable to turn into that meh thing. And I must use it for the Pokethlon anyways.

Churine gets an honorable mention, I don't really like what it evolves into either.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    Ivysaur, Wartortle, Grovyle, Dragonair, and Croconaw. All because their final stage in-game sprites have usually sucked one time or another.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    None. All my pokemon evolve. In my opinion it's rather cruel to refuse to make them evolve. I mean, if we really had pokemon in the real life, they'd probably want to grow up and change their appearence to become stronger and stronger.
    Because after all, evolving makes pokemons becoming better than they are from the beginning.
    I'm not attacking anyone, don't get me wrong. Those are just my thoughts. C:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well....I like both Electabuzz and Electivire, so you bet I'm going to get two Electabuzz and only evolve one....

But at the moment, I seriously dislike the thought of evolving my Buizel! He's just...well....cuter and cooler than Floatzel at the same time....I don't know what it is about Floatzel, I know he's scary, but so's Torterra to some people, but I don't like him that much...sadly, it means I never get Crunch or Ice Fang, although I can tutor Ice Punch.

I also tend not to evolve Quilava until I really can't win without the boost. It's not that I dislike Typhlosion, I just prefer Quilava, so once it's fully evolved, I always get a couple of eggs and keep a Cyndaquil and Quilava.

I'd also like to add on to this that I now have this new tactic of not evolving any pokémon until they hit level 30, and level 55-60 before they can evolve a further time. This is because I like to keep hold of the unevolved forms for a while....normally my starters evolve before or just after the first gym, and it always seems a shame that they spend most of their time in their 2nd stage of evolution....

Furthermore, the way I see it is that if I get bored of their current form, and their next stage looks cool, I'll evolve them. If not, I'll keep them unevolved, until I can find an everstone so that I don't have to waste by b button and my thumbs xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    i refuse to evolve squrtle because he will learn hydro pump almost 25 levels later as blastoise

Years
    I try not to evolve Lickitung because Lickilicky is ugly as, I don't normally evolve my Scyther because I prefer massive speed over better attack and defence, and it looks better, and I never evolve my main Pikachu because a Pikachu with a Light Ball is like insane.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    i refuse to evolve squrtle because he will learn hydro pump almost 25 levels later as blastoise

Years
    None. All my pokemon evolve. In my opinion it's rather cruel to refuse to make them evolve. I mean, if we really had pokemon in the real life, they'd probably want to grow up and change their appearence to become stronger and stronger.
    Because after all, evolving makes pokemons becoming better than they are from the beginning.
    I'm not attacking anyone, don't get me wrong. Those are just my thoughts. C:

I like how you mention real life. If I, however, had pokémon in real life, and I'd catch a Sentret, I wouldn't evolve it because I like Sentret and hate Furret (like I did on SS).

Yes, it really sucked, but it's about looove. 8D

Although I can see where you're coming from.. it's still the same pokémon, just a different power + appearance. xD I don't know.

Pokémon that have been on my team unevolved; Sentret, Aipom, Murkrow... I won't evolve Aaken when I get it on B/W. And I'm not letting my Jiheddo evolve into Sazandora. :)

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Totodile, well until it's 32 to make it feraligatr. Oh how I despise croconaw

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Never will I ever evolve Pikachu. I'm pro-Ash Ketchum.
    Same goes for Dusclops. Dusknoir is gross.

Back