• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Which Urshifu will you be letting Kubfu evolves into?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
pokemon_urshifu_2x.png
pokemon_urshifu_2_2x.png

"Urshifu was revealed during the Pokémon Direct in 2020. It evolves from Kubfu. It is exclusive to the Isle of Armor DLC
Kubfu will evolve into Urshifu after it has undergone sufficient training. It seems that Urshifu has two forms—a Single Strike Style and a Rapid Strike Style—and it appears that each form has different types as well. Urshifu in Single Strike Style form favor battling without holding anything back. When enraged, they will mercilessly attack an opponent until it is utterly defeated. A Single Strike Style Urshifu's movements are often direct and involve rushing forward in a straight line. It will keep its distance from its opponents at first only to leap in close instantly to deliver a powerful blow. Urshifu in Rapid Strike Style form maintain a calm demeanor, observing their opponents and measuring their strength while dodging attacks. A Rapid Strike Style Urshifu will use flowing movements in battle to smoothly parry an opponent's moves and then overwhelm the opponent with a flurry of rapid strikes."

For my kind of battling I would really go with Single Strike, but Rapid Strike sounds cooler imo as well as the fact that Rapid is Fighting/Water which make it far more interesting to use-- Tbh Single Strike feels more like a buffed up Pangoro to me.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, eventually I'm gonna get both, but I think I'll get Single Strike Style first.
That's the Dark type tower and since Kubfu is fighting type, assuming we use just Kubfu, it might be a bit easier, assuming they use just Dark types.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Both because I can clone the Kubfu and potentially go through the trail again.
But I guess I'll go Single Strike first because it's a Dark-type and looks fiercer.

scrafty is sobbing in the corner rn

Years
Rapid Strike Style for me, I prefer the flowing aesthetic and the crane pose (very kung fu-y).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think their names should have been switched. If you dodge and weave and eventually strike, that should be Single Strike. If you hop in to deliver a rage-filled assault, that sounds more like Rapid Strike.

Anyways, I think the actual Single Strike form looks cooler, but I like the theme (and type) of the Rapid Strike one better.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
First, I would rather learn of Urshifu's stats and movepool before choosing which tower, but I do like the Rapid Strike more because Water/Fighting is a scarce type combo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm in agreement with CF, I need to know more about the Urshifus before I can make my decision as well as find out if there is replay-ability for the towers. If the Kubfu you get can only evolve into one and no matter what else happens they will only evolve into that Urshifu, it'll make the choice a lot harder. Will probably hold off my decision for when either datamines happen or when we discover in game any restrictions.

Sirfetch’d

Probably Rapid Strike considering I like the water typing a bit more but I'll wait and decide once the stats are revealed/data mined and see which one fits my play style more. Though I'd assume their stats and play style are probably very similar and it won't really matter to me which I pick.

I like them both though!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
On the other side of this whole thing..."an evolving Legendary capable of different evolutions" ...what's next then?

We have mythical that breeds but said breeded pokemon does not evolve into the original form...oh wait I didn't think of Cosmog/Cosmoem into Solgaleo or Lunala. Nevermind!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
On the other side of this whole thing..."an evolving Legendary capable of different evolutions" ...what's next then?

We have mythical that breeds but said breeded pokemon does not evolve into the original form...oh wait I didn't think of Cosmog/Cosmoem into Solgaleo or Lunala. Nevermind!

There was also Meltan and Melmetal, as well as Type:Null and Silvally. Type:Null has the same Legendary Pokemon Border as the Birds.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
There was also Meltan and Melmetal, as well as Type:Null and Silvally. Type:Null has the same Legendary Pokemon Border as the Birds.

I mean yeah...all that too...at this point they've retconned and tweaked and added and removed so much so many times there's essentially NO "classification" for what is and isn't a Legendary or Mythical. At this point it's as simple as this: One available in game. One guaranteed encounter of that said pokemon and that'll overwrote soon enough.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023

This might be my ignorance of the topic, but what exactly makes Type: Null and Silvally Legendaries? Are they referred to in the lore of Sun and Moon as Legendaries? Because I never saw anything in the official marketing materials that made them out to be.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ehh.. I'm not terribly enthusiastic about either of them. :c If I had to pick one I'd guess Single Strike?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This might be my ignorance of the topic, but what exactly makes Type: Null and Silvally Legendaries? Are they referred to in the lore of Sun and Moon as Legendaries? Because I never saw anything in the official marketing materials that made them out to be.

Sun and Moon had different Pokedex backgrounds for Legendary Pokemon. Tapus, Legendary Birds, and Type:Null/Silvally all had the same Gold Background. There was a Gamestop event that gave out Silvally which noted Silvally as a Legendary Pokemon and both Type:Null and Silvally can be filtered out of trade searches by using the no Mythic/Legendary Pokemon filter.

Lore wise, it's comparable to Mewtwo. Completely artificial Pokemon modeled and created to resemble Arceus, even has a similar ability. And while that isn't concrete proof on itself, it's a very good argument for it.

Also soon, we'll have some data on Kubfu/Urshifu so those like me who are waiting can make their decisions.

So there does not seem to be any difference between the two other than some TMs and TRs. Stats appear to be the same. Think I'll go Rapid Strikes form.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Silvally/Type Null is like Genesect/Mewtwo. Man made so that's Legendary...

How about we continue discussing about Urshifu instead of being out of topic?

I have evolved mine into Rapid Style; Really enjoying every bits of the DLC! Except I did hope the Tower was much harder than this-- I guess the main point is to evolve Kubfu anyway, but it could be better trainers-wise.

Back