• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    yeh, for me it was that moon pokemon thing, i always forget its name, then mesprit, then probably heatran, he took alot of pokeballs for me too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I was gonna say "Feebas!" untill I saw the poll options xD

Eh, I honestly used some Pal Parked Master Balls on the majority of the post-game Legendaries, so they were all pretty easy by default. XP Barring that, however...I would have to say that the hardest one is Giratina, simply because of its natural immunity to False Swipe, a personal favorite when it comes to catching.

LordHawke

Gold Dragon commanding Officer
    Years
    yeh, for me it was that moon pokemon thing, i always forget its name, then mesprit, then probably heatran, he took alot of pokeballs for me too.
    That's the one Iwas talking about. The Moon or "Lunar" Poke is called Cresselia. I don't know. It must have just been a fluke or something...

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Wow, looks like Mesprit is the HARDEST pokemon to catch for a lot of people!

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Ah, I remember my hardest... Mesprit (seems EVERYONE had a hard time catching it). Took me 213 Poké Balls, and 2 hours throwing them. You think that's a little too much for one Legendary, but there was a reason for the effort: it was Shiny! Can it get even luckier?

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    STUPID HEATRAN !!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent months trying to catch it . it was horrible I tell you horrible !

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Mesprit is getting VERY popular....and so is Giratina, well I beat my game and caught both Cresselia and Mesprit...caught Mesprit in the water, and Cresselia i can't remember.

Hedgehog

MagikarpFTW!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2008
    Mespirit it took Me only 1 hour. But really easy to catch if you have an pokemon with mean look.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    My starter was the hardest (piplup)

I did resets until I got a shiny. xD

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
    azlef by far, it took me 50+ dusk balls and 40+ ultra balls to catch it on red and paralyzed

Years
    The hardest Pokemon for me to catch were Azelf, Uxie, and Giratina. I was so close to catching Mesprit, but....I accidentally made it faint. I was so disappointed.

GuardianofAuraGirl

the hardest pokemon ever, for me to catch was Mesprit because: it keeps on runinng away, I was afraid I would defeat it, and Mesprit got defeated so I had to turn off the game and find it again.

Years
    Mesprit and Cresselia -still trying to get them. The other 2 pixies were pretty though aswell, especially since I once accidently hit the wrong button and killed one of them when I was actually pretty close to catching it...

Back