• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I've had all of them, but this latest time I've chosen Piplup. Water-types are normally my favorites, and Empoleon can be really dangerous in battle.

Charzy

:3 Charizard :3
    Years
  • I chose Piplup as my start pokemon because A) I traditionally choose the water-type pokemon, [except for in Red Version and LeafGreen (Charmander)]
    and B) because Piplup was the cutest of the three. Is now a big beautiful Empoleon :D

Suicune23

Ice Cold...
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2015
    i chose chimchar, because i took in every pokemon game the fire starter

Years
  • Chimchar, because he evolves into Infernape. :D Infernape is the fastest Fire-type and the fastest Fighting-type Pokémon, with a base speed of 108. He can be quite the sweeper, and has a GREAT move pool. :] Not to mention, in my oppinion, he's the coolest looking one. XD

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • I chose Chimchar as my Fire Starter as I have chosen a Fire starter in every version. I have. The Fire Starter makes the game very easy and quick to finish as well. If the fire starter is chosen you can finish the game in 6 days or less.:)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I chose Piplup, beacuase it is strategically the best way to go. Why? Well, considering the Water-Types offered in-game, without trading or using Pal Park, the selection sucks. Empoleon is the best non-legendary, non-traded Water-Type you can get in-game. Some may argue that Gyradose is a better choice but its typing pales in comparison to Empoleon who isn't OHKOd by Electric attacks and takes minimal damage from Grass attacks. Floatzel sucks compared to Empoleon and Lumineon and Mantine aren't even worth raising. Well, that's why I chose Piplup.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • Diamond - I chose piplup because he is a water type and i always choose the water type without even thinking because that is my favorite type. Plus, i hate grass types, except for bulbasaur, and chikorita.Also empoleon is the most balanced stat wise but is still powerful. Infernape has the most attack and speed but has no defense. Torterra is pretty much all defense and is very slow.

Platinum - Same as Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    Chimchar, because I allways choose the fire starter at my 1st playthrough.

Last edited:

squirtle90

Guardian Of The Normal Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    i use my pearl as storage and i use my platinum too run through with differnt pokemon so my starter is bidoof

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Pearl - Piplup. I usually pick fire starters, but I decided to try something different.

Platinum - Infernape. As it was my second run through the game, I decided to choose a different started and liked this one the most.

Back