• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you prefer? Misty, Dawn, or May?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    That's the dumbest thing I ever heard of. May consistently got better throughout each region.

Dawn is probably my favorite overall.

Misty is overrated.

Actually, May DIDN'T actually get better throughout each region. I mean, most of her wins were either deus ex machina or basically cheap wins. I mean, Dusclops, most of Squirtles wins, Eevee's win, a lot of them were cheap, and almost messed up. I mean, heck, it's like saying Ash is growing stronger just because JJM are being defeated by him every time, which in reality, it doesn't as the fanbase is already stating that JJM can be beaten by anybody. I mean, heck, even her tie against Ash is kinda cheap (Then again, ALL of the character's wins are kinda cheap.).

Also, Misty is not overrated, not any more than May is overrated, Dawn is overrated, Ash is overrated, Brock is overrated, Team Rocket's overrated, or anything like that.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    May went from stupid wins to good wins. An improvement. Drew vs May in the Kanto grand festival was amazing, no one's going to deny that, nor that she's had the a lot of character development.

Last edited:

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Misty, of course!

Dawn is okay, I guess...but not for Ash. :)

I just don't like May. I don't know why...but she just bothers me. lol.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    With Misty I don't feel right.

With May. She was a very good character indeed. But Dawn is better. She actually HAS a 10 year old personality. But yet has a 12 year old maturity. Maybe it's puberty like May, but she is very developed and actually doesn't like the rival in contests.

Plus, a mysterious thing appears in my belly button when I see her...

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • With Misty I don't feel right.

With May. She was a very good character indeed. But Dawn is better. She actually HAS a 10 year old personality. But yet has a 12 year old maturity. Maybe it's puberty like May, but she is very developed and actually doesn't like the rival in contests.

Plus, a mysterious thing appears in my belly button when I see her...

i agree wit the 10 year old personality but i kinda thnk its fake maturity... shes tryin to ook mature but she still blows up and gets all frazzled ovr small things... like her hair for example

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I'm a die hard Misty fan, and I always will be. She was my favorite character on the show. Period. Still is to this day.

May, I can tolerate her. She doesn't bother me so much. A little out there, but she's alright.

I hate Dawn with a passion. And everytime I see her in those stupid dresses when she's doing a contest, I just want to burn it. >.<

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • At first I really liked Misty, but after watching DP series I think Dawn has a more interesting character! =D

Years
  • Both Misty and Dawn have huge space in my heart, but I think I like Dawn moar just because "No Need To Worry"! It would be so cool if a feminin boy co-ordinator will join the gang next season.

Years
  • like Ruby lol
    My fav is May and misty
    May was sweet and navie at times,(in a good way,)she also had her share of depression of losing,but grew from it

Misty just had such a big charcter,she was like BAM

I hate Dawn i mean she cares more sbout her apperence than her pokemon`s,seriously always freakin over her hair or dress
    Have u ever seen May dress up durin contest battle(besides wallace cup)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I like misty, because she likes to get wet.
    Feminin boy co-ordinator, sounds interesting!

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    In my case Misty (duh) I like her for quite a few reasons one is that she seems to be intelligent which the two who came later than her seem to lack in quite a few ways. Another one is that I feel as though she added quite a bit to the series such as some rather meaningful interactions with Ash and Brock along with being a mentor and also the voice of reason keeping Ash and Brock from doing stupid things and without her the show just is not worth watching to me. I along with quite a few other people all over the world miss her and giving that the show is starting to fall on some hard times ratings wise returning Misty to the main cast would be a smart thing to do since May and Dawn just don't seem to have as significant a fan following as Misty does it could possibly be because Misty was on the show when it was at the height of its popularity and May was on the show when it started to wane significantly and Dawn is on the show today when it could hit its lowest ever.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Misty, without a doubt. She's always been one of my favorite characters! Her personality was perfect for the show (in my opinion, anyway). Besides, she and Ash...well, ya know 83

Back