• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I never got to be a part of the Celebi event in Crystal, so I'm hoping to take part in it with SoulSilver.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I think that it won't be catchable because nintendo needs some way to make people go to there events. plus in my opinion celebi is the best legendary thus the most motivational.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Exactly, way too exclusive, plus if it was in-game then everybody or at least everybody would have one. By the way by catchable they meant it'll be in the game on its own without any event, but more than likely that might not happen.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • Although very unfortutiously unlikely, I'm hoping they'll make a third remake of the G/S ones with Celebi as the main legend, because I think having one of the trios doesn't really have much of a ring to it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    Although very unfortutiously unlikely, I'm hoping they'll make a third remake of the G/S ones with Celebi as the main legend, because I think having one of the trios doesn't really have much of a ring to it.
    Celebi wouldn't be a version mascot, because as I said, it is too elusive and rare to obtainable in-game without events. If Celebi wasn't as rare, it probably would've been the mascot of Crystal.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I hope that Celebi will be available in the similar way of how Rotom is available in Pokémon Platinum; there should be an online event via Wi-Fi in which you are sent a certain item, the GS Ball possibly (similar to the "Secret Key" in Platinum), and you go somewhere to meet Celebi.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I hope that Celebi will be available in the similar way of how Rotom is available in Pokémon Platinum; there should be an online event via Wi-Fi in which you are sent a certain item, the GS Ball possibly (similar to the "Secret Key" in Platinum), and you go somewhere to meet Celebi.
    I like this Wi-Fi idea for Celebi.
    I'm not the type of person to go to events or anything for a Pokemon. Like, I guess it could be fun, but traveling somewhere is just something I can't do due to lack of driver's license.

So I'd prefer to be able to easily download items via Wi-Fi. c=

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    WiFi option most definitely, plus those who don't have WiFi at home can at least go to a local store or fast food joint [for example here in the states McDonals has free WiFi] and pick it up there. Anyway, as long as it involves getting the GS Ball, and the small plot with Kurt and the encounter, I'd be fully content.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think we all hope Celebi will be held as an event again so we each have a chance to get it. I myself am hoping for this to happen, that way I can finally have a Celebi in my Pokédex and know its mine too.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • f l a s h, you said you didnt get the chance to do the celebi event so i was thinking..
    if you find yourself a crystal rom i can give you my save and the codes i used if you want?
    but promise not to share my save with anyone else!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is alright, I'm not a ROM kind of player, and I'll just wait for the Celebi event to be held for HeartGold and SoulSilver [/hopefully there will be one]. Thank you for the offer though. Anyway, that is straying a little way from the topic of the thread.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm pretty sure if there is to be a Celebi event we'll know about it by the end of this year sometime when Japan is about to release it in their country first. If that happens, then it is more than likely the other countries will get a Celebi event after the game is released in their relative countries as well.

Years
  • Why do I get the feeling that the Pikachu Colored Pichu and the Notched Ear Pichu might have something to do with the appearance of Celebi? I really hope that's not the case here. I'd rather get the GS ball via Wifi w/ Mystery gift or have be able to catch it in game.

Years
  • In the UK, we haven't had the Rotom Key event yet. (it happens on the 8th June) - But I'd like them to do events over the WFC from now on... it's just easier for some people like me who don't have a TRU for miles...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back