• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Was Your Best Teacher?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    We have all had one. A teacher who we really really like.

Perhaps it is because he is fun or because he makes learning exciting or because he is hot! For me my best teacher was my English teacher who I had last year at the start of the year because he was all of these things!

So who was your best teacher?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • My second Algebra 2 teacher, who replaced an incompetent idiot who insisted on giving me tests on things I was never taught. (Almost screwing me for the year, had I not called BS)

He worked with me, which essentially involved going over the various formulas to solve specific types of problems. It was simple. I knew what work I had to do, how to do it, and beat everyone else in the class in terms of finishing said work by at least twice as fast, three times as fast in some cases. The teacher was a nice guy. I'm going to miss him.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • My seventh grade art teacher, she's really easy going and tells us really funny stories about her life at home and such, but if you were referring to a teacher like math or something then I would pick my Langauge and arts teacher of seventh grade, she's easy going like my art teacher and doesn't yell or fuss about basically the tiny things.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My English teacher. During the school years of 2007 - 2008 and 2008 - 2009, I had a teacher who had been teaching at my school since it was made. He was really old and he was probably an okay teacher back in the day, but by the time we got him, all he wanted to do was read the adventures of Huckleberry Finn over and over again. So this year, my new teacher arrived after my other one retired and he quickly realised how neglected a class we were. He taught us a three year course in six months and marked my cousin and I harder than he would usually because he wanted to 'test' us. It's probably the only class apart from maths I've been challenged in throughout the last few years and that's pretty cool.

Sadly enough, he was only working in my school for a year and now he's gone. Going on without him will be quite the struggle.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Definitely my 5th grade teacher. But I think she was nice to me only because I used to be the class nerd (hard to believe, I know). She gave me a Strait As report card. =D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    JOLENE O_O

It's one thing to take the idea of my thread, but why did you have to copy the exact same text I used. XD

jk

Mine was Ms. Mills, my Grade 1 Teacher. She was so funny and I'll always remember her.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Well, I just got my Science teacher a goodbye gift and card, so I'd say her. Why? It was her first year teaching and she's young so cool. She got us food for experiments and made some of of nap if we needed to. By this, I mean she didn't bother us if we did sleep. She's cool.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    5th grade! Most definitely! Looooved my teachers so much. It was almost 9 years ago, and I STILL think about them to this day... <3

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • My Flash Animation teacher I had last year, she was one of those kind, old ladies who was also very active(She was also the softball team coach), I was apparently one of her favourite students! XD

Sadly she had to retire this year, but she was great~ ♫

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • My last english teacher had a crush for me (last year), I wasn't the only one to notice it. I liked her, she was very nice to me and hers classes were ok. Also, my two biology teachers (last year) that was always giving me extra attention since I was one of the best students (I've chosen to take biology in university because I really liked it). My math teacher was always challenging me, it was very exciting. My physic teacher was the kind of man someone would hardly like, but I did and I think he liked me in return (I was the only one he'd attempt to talk to by himself). All the ones here were great teachers, there were other nice ones, but these are the ones I do admire as teachers.

There were nice teachers in university, but I dropped out of it too soon to know them well, all I know is that they were great teachers.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • My 8th grade Social Studies teacher. He was always nice to me, and he appreciated that I would always pay attention and focus on my studies.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • Right now it's my 5th grade art teacher. She would always let me skip 2nd period to help her clean up and design project ideas.. I got 100% in Social Studies(2nd period) all the time so I was allowed to skip. I'd just pick the assignments up later. :D Ah, Ms. Hallam...

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Either my 7th grade Math teacher or my 10th grade English teacher.

My math class in 7th grade was just a fun class to be in. He was one of those rare teachers who could make the whole class laugh, and not out of nervousness either. He really made me love math, and it was because of him I started taking advanced classes. Sadly, the very next year I had one of the worst teachers of my entire education, whom I neglected to mention in the other thread. She pretty much canceled out my great teacher from the year before. Either way, I now know that math isn't a subject I want to really pursue in my later education so maybe I can at least take that from my whole experience with her.

My 10th grade English teacher just taught really well. Once again, I loved being in her class and I'm going to try to take her other class next year. English is one of those classes where I love the discussion, but hate the actual work. It's a strange relationship. I hate reading, but I love talking about themes, symbolism, motifs, etc., in the books we read. Oh well. I loved her class. We always had great discussions.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • My favourite teacher is Mr.Mcbean because he's just such a cool down to earth guy. Its not even like he's a teacher, he's more of a friend.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • My senior (Grade Eleven and Twelve) Biology and Chemistry teacher, he was just the most awesome guy ever, seriously. He always made the class enjoyable and he also loved blowing stuff up.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Probably my highschool Science teacher. She makes studying fun and gives us chances. ^_^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My English teacher, even though I was one of the only kids who respected her, she was nice and always explained thing thoroughly.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • My English teacher for grades 9 and 12 was awesome. He had this total nerdy look to him, and had a tendency of going off-topic. It usually took us 30 minutes to read through 3 pages of a book because he'd find a story in everything. He was really outgoing, and gave me good marks which is also a plus. (b")b He was my favourite. You could always have good conversations with him and he was genuinely interested in what was going on in your life.

There was also a young supply teacher that was used as my Science teacher in grade 10. We spent most of the class talking about random things, and joking around as a class. He gave us a lot of answers too, but in a way that we would remember them for tests and exams. He went extremely easy on everyone, and I believe mostly every student came out of that class with over 80% :) Unless they didn't attend frequently. He didn't like skippers.

Thinking about it, those were the only teachers that I totally liked throughout highschool.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • There were a lot of teachers I liked, here are some to name a few.
    Mr. Brown- Chemistry. He was really chill, and he explained the material really good, and we were a head of all the other classes. :D
    Ms. Indiero She was one of those old farts that couldn't hear, and was about to die. But I was in the front row, so me, and three other kids, basically got a person lesson; while the rest of the class screwed around in the back. xD
    Mr. Sandovle This teacher made fun of me, and all the kids in the class. (of course he did ask us if it was okay in the beginning of the year.) He also allowed us to make fun of him. He also had arm wrestling matches, and bottle throwing games.
    Mr. Pagliero Some people called him a perv, but I just thought he was really funny. He wasn't like a normal teacher. He was fresh out of college, and he was really young. He basically acted like one of the students. One day he came in, and said we were to for ahead so he would teach all the guys how to score a chick. XD

You know what I just realized? All my favorite teachers were either math, or science teachers. xD

Back