• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was your Gen 7 Starter?

Who was your starter?

• Litten

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Rowlett

Votes: 39 37.5%

• Total voters

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
  • Bow-Owl always be my Gen 7 Starter.I fall in love with this owl since first look.Even I love Popplio, I'll vote for Rowlet

Rangifer

Glory to Arstotzka
    Years
  • I have a pet black cat in real life, so of course I had to go with Litten. After playing through the game i decided i'm not a huge fan of Litten's final evolution, but I'm still very fond of the line overall.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I chose Litten as I usually go with the fire type starter nowadays. I still haven't used the other two starters or the evolutions before.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Litten, love kitties so much it was my instant choice and love at first sight too

I have given the other two starters a chance, but quickly boxed them
    they weren't for me

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I chose Litten. Not only do I always pick the Fire starter in my first playthrough, but Incineroar has the best design of the three in my opinion. Also, Malicious Moonsault is the definition of awesome. I plan to use Popplio on my next playthrough, and maybe Rowlet after that.

Years
  • I'm surprised at how even the results are!

I chose Popplio, and while I did Wondertrade him away immediately, he's still my preferred starter over Rowlett and Litten.

Years
  • I'm surprised at how even the results are!

During pre-release, Popplio was like overly hated by the fandom despite being my favourite of the three. I guess it's because of Primarina's majestic design and great special stats that redeemed it enough to the point that people now don't hate Popplio as much.

Sparkin

Rowlett. Most trials were easy except for Kaki and Acerola's.
    Also, I don't know if it was a miracle or something else, but the moment I had Ula Ula's Kahuna with one Pokemon, and I was about to lose, it stood there with 1HP!
    That was epic!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I chose Rowlet because it's final form looks the best imo. I would had went for Litten if it's final form was a 4-legged beast but nope, they had to make it bipedal.

Years
  • Whoa, surprised the poll is mostly equal. I went with Popplio since Primarina was just way cute. I'd like to try Rowlet next time, and maybe Litten (and keep it unevolved because I don't like Incineroar lol). =(

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • My first starter was Litten, because I always go for Fire starters first. I don't know why, it's just the way I roll :) .

But after having replayed SM many, many, many times, my favorite ended up being... Rowlet. I like its looks (especially its final evolution) , I like the type combination, the moves it learns... this is the one I go with nowadays.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My first starter was Poppilo because there was a grass type that I wanted to use. Later on I went with Rowlet for Moon and I have to say that I think I like both their final starters about equal haha.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I went with Litten for my first run of Sun. I then went with Popplio because she was cute and I'm not a fan of what Litten evolves into

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    lol at the current poll score. 25 for each of them.

I think it's great that they've created a trio of starters that seem quite equally liked. It's boring when one is way more popular than the other two.

Edit: Didn't realize I hadn't already posted, I voted for Rowlet by the way.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I actually liked Popplio before they revealed its evolutions and planned to used it. I don't get why people bashed it before Sun and Moon were released. I loved using it, one of my favorite starters for sure.

Back