• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2010
    I'm probably going with Cyndaquill.

I've been having alot of problems really figuring out where I want my team to be and hopefully the 5th gen games will give me more options.

But right now Totodile and Cynda are among my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2010
    Totodile gonna create 2 new games trade 1 to platnium new game and then get 1 feraligator and 1 totodile :P (breed is far from begining and ditto isdamn hard to capture)

gmack2340

Game Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Definitely Tododile. Cyndaquil is to easy and Chikorita is to much of a challenge.
    anyways, Feraligatr gets really good!

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • Part of me feels like being crazy and SRing till something turns up shiny. Chances are I'll get bored of that eventually and rock Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil ftw ;D

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Im picking Cyndaquil simply because i always started with Totodile in my old silver version and crystal.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Heh.
    I've started off with Cyndaquil and Totodile for lots of time in Crystal version .
    So maybe Chikoritah ? It makes the game more challenging too ~
    Never tried Chikoritah too , or to say , I've never start off with a Grass starter before .

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I'll Probably use hacks to get them. Then do a three starter run, because one would be overleveled. (Last run on LeafGreen, I had level 35+ Blastoise and Pidgeotto. (Perhaps already a Pidgeot, can't remember but it was early.)
    Well, in the meanwhile, I'll use hax and play it on VBA to get all three starters. (Pick all starters from elm - noneducational-mon - uberfun)

My fav is Toto, thehn Chiko, then Cynda.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • Buneary.......
    Ever since i had platinum, I have had a thing for it. And I always tend to catch other poke's and neglect the given starters anyways (out of all the generations so far). Usually I put them in my pc.

MewMewXX

|| Tohru || Pokemon ||
    Years
  • Chikorita definitely, because I love the grass-type, it's adorable and it's no 1 in the Johto dex. That way I feel like I'm starting at the beginning. ^^ OCD! But on my next run-through of HeartGold I'll definitely choose Totodile, because it's one of my all-time favourite Pokemon.

hcoteen2008

Ball State Cardinal
    Years
  • I always start with the water type. I tried Fire but then restarted the game and went back to water. I don't like starting with the grass, I find it too weak and too many weakness in my personal opinion. So, Totodile!! :D

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Totadile, Ever since it beat the elite 4 by it self it made me have a warm feeling inside...

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think either Cyndaquil or Chikorita, but I'll probably choose Cyndaquil for the first of the two versions that I get... I always have good feelings about fire type starters... :)

Years
  • I'll be most likely to begin with Chikorita, to be quite honest - I've always had a great appeal towards it, and it's just so cute. I'm totally going to keep resetting until it gets female, because once it turns into a Meganium, I think it'd be weird to have it male, to be honest. xD

Back