• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokémon Detective Pikachu

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • I went through the list three times for #2 and never saw it! 😅

I'm sure I got #3 and #4 right, at least. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I hate it when you look forever and you've gone through the pictures several times and then you look for something else and BAM it jumps right out at you plain as day. >____>

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    submitted my answer
    I felt it almost or even harder than 2 i guess

Last edited:

Cid

Years

• Clue - Puzzle #5

vIbTt8C.png

Deadline: Friday, August 9 at 7:35 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #5

This puzzle is now finished, so it's time to reveal the answer! The mystery Pokémon was...

Lq9G1mY.png

Magmar!

Congratulations to the following participants for guessing correctly:

b4OSSTr.png

3FEP5z7.png
    Team Pikachu
    3FEP5z7.png

Caite-chan

3oHFy3X.png

wiaothG.png
    Team Eevee
    wiaothG.png

Mewtwolover
    Chr. Draco
    Hyzenthlay
    Superjolt

3FEP5z7.png
    Celadon Rocket Hideout
    3FEP5z7.png

Once again, Eevee managed to enter the correct puzzle key with no trouble, while Detective Pikachu took a very long time before getting his.

Detective Pikachu sees the metal door in front of him open, and inside he sees a huge rock. This rock seems to be glowing at times, with the accompanying sound of a Fire-type using its moves in an attempt to break the rock open. The good detective inspects all sides of the rock, and he sees that this particular rock formation seems to be standing on top of soft soil that can be dug through, unlike most of the floors of the hideout. He gets the attention of the Alolan Dugtrio he saved earlier, and they immediately create a path under the rock to save whatever is inside it. Detective Pikachu waits for a bit until a Magmar pops out from underground.

Magmar has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cid

Years

• Clue - Puzzle #6

g9J7qm7.png

Deadline: Saturday, August 10 at 12:30 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #6

This puzzle is now finished, so it's time to reveal the answer! The mystery Pokémon was...

smkZGEB.png

Cresselia!

b4OSSTr.png

3FEP5z7.png
    Team Pikachu
    3FEP5z7.png

Caite-chan
    Steve Z

3oHFy3X.png

wiaothG.png
    Team Eevee
    wiaothG.png

Chr. Draco
    Mewtwolover
    Hyzenthlay

320px-Misty_Psyduck.png

💧 Team... Psyduck? 💧
    N/A
    Please tell me your Discord team!

wiaothG.png
    Lavender Rocket Hideout
    wiaothG.png

Once again Eevee beats Pikachu with the correct puzzle keys. Eevee had to wait for her friend to figure it out before the door in front of her clicked open.

Eevee sees a pitch black ball of void, similar to the Black Hole Eclipse Z-Move but solidified. Inside is a glowing pink figure. Eevee unleashes her Sparkly Swirl once more, and the ball of void is dissipated! Cresselia appears and thanks Eevee by giving her a Future Sight: the next one she will have to rescue in this hideout will be above ground. Eevee nods.

Cresselia has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ugh I got 4 way wrong. 5 I'm still confident about(upon further inspection, I was wrong) and I know I got 6!

Last edited:

Cid

Years

• Clue - Puzzle #7

FHVrBNf.png

Deadline: Sunday, August 11 at 8:25 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #7

LnhNPCj.png

Darumaka!

b4OSSTr.png

3FEP5z7.png
    Team Pikachu
    3FEP5z7.png

DramaticCubism
    Caite-chan
    Sheep

3oHFy3X.png

wiaothG.png
    Team Eevee
    wiaothG.png

Mewtwolover
    Chr. Draco

3FEP5z7.png
    Celadon Rocket Hideout
    3FEP5z7.png

In a surprising turn of events, Detective Pikachu managed to enter the correct puzzle key faster than Eevee did! That's awesome!

Detective Pikachu sees a black, draconic-looking cage in front of the newly-opened room. Inside is a small egg-like creature with a fiery coloration. The cage itself seems to be inspired by Zekrom's hide, with a lightning rod shaped like Zekrom's tail attached to it. Our hero deduces that this lightning rod is used to open the cage at full capacity, and close the cage once grounded. The detective uses his Thunderbolt attack to power-up the electrically discharged cage mechanism, and like magic, the cage opens, revealing a sleeping Darumaka. Once it wakes up from its slumber, it quickly jumps to hug its savior.

Darumaka has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I wasn't able to answer the other ones other than the dugtrio one (there were some I didnt even try tho) that now that I answered this one makes me think I'm wrong.
    Team Pikachu btw

Cid

Years
  • I wasn't able to answer the other ones other than the dugtrio one (there were some I didnt even try tho) that now that I answered this one makes me think I'm wrong.
    Team Pikachu btw

Don't worry, I think you're in the right track. :)

Hope you can help Team Pikachu in the last few ones! Caite-chan's been carrying our team for multiple puzzles now. :'D

Cid

Years

• Clue - Puzzle #8

mJVR1qH.png

Deadline: Monday, August 12 at 10:03 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #8

Y4fXGUR.png

Togekiss!

b4OSSTr.png

3FEP5z7.png
    Team Pikachu
    3FEP5z7.png

Caite-chan

3oHFy3X.png

wiaothG.png
    Team Eevee
    wiaothG.png

Mewtwolover

wiaothG.png
    Lavender Rocket Hideout
    wiaothG.png

It seems both Detective Pikachu and Eevee were stumped for this one! As the last few seconds ticked by, both managed to enter the correct puzzle keys. What a close call!

Eevee enters the room in front of her and sees a steel cage suspended above the ground. This must be what Cresselia was talking about. Inside the steel cage, visible through the cage bars, is a poor Togekiss struggling to break free. With some quick thinking, Eevee uses her Sizzly Slide onto the front bars, and this is enough to melt through them, creating an opening for Togekiss to wriggle through. Once Togekiss is free, it glides down to Eevee to thank her with a hug.

Togekiss has been rescued! 😄

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cid

Years

• Clue - Puzzle #9

kEuvbo1.png

Deadline: Tuesday, August 13 at 12:10 p.m. AWST

Answer - Puzzle #9

kEuvbo1.png

b4OSSTr.png

3FEP5z7.png
    Team Pikachu
    3FEP5z7.png

None 😱

3oHFy3X.png

wiaothG.png
    Team Eevee
    wiaothG.png

Mewtwolover
    Hyzenthlay

3FEP5z7.png
    Celadon Rocket Hideout
    3FEP5z7.png

Detective Pikachu failed.

EDIT: Click here for the solution to Puzzle #9, as well as the conclusion of the story.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I missed puzzle 5 and 6 but submitted my answer for puzzle 7 on time! Working on 8 and 9.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • I'm gonna be like Navi from TLoZ:OoT for a bit. For Puzzle #8, the clue Cresselia gave Eevee is "above ground," so take from that what you will. 🧚

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Sorry, I'm late. Team Pikachu here. I've already guessed puzzles #8 and #9. Don't wanna say my guesses here, though. 😜

Back