• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who's Your Starter?

Who's your starter?

• Total voters
Years
  • It's most likely going to be Scorbunny as I often go for the fire types. But really, this is the first gen in a while where I really like the look of all three of them, so who I pick could easily change between now and then.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Honestly, it is probably going to change with the last stages, but currently I am going with Scorbunny as I think it has the best potential to have an awesome looking final stage.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Grookey for sure. Keeps my grass first streak alive!

Years
  • None of them really hit me. I fell in love at the first sight with at least 1 Starter Pokémon since Unova, but this time, I have a really hard time choosing. Scorbunny looks more like a mascot for a new Digimon game than Pokémon. The bandage over its nose also indicates it will be Fire/Fighting. I'll wait to see their evolutions, but right now I like Grookey the most.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Right now its Sobble for me! But its going ro depend on other pokemon that they announce and their final evolution types. Like rowlet in alola was my fav but i chose poppilo in the end for primarinas water/fairy typing.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Depends on the Gym's and their Types honestly but at first glance, I'd probably go Fire. I typically go Grass or Water ironically so its time I change my ways if I opt to get the Switch and Gen 8.

Years
    • Age 24
    • U.S.
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    My heart belongs to Scorbunny this time around. I've always been fond of the fire starters anyway and this generation is no different.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • #TeamScorbunny and #TeamSobble

Grookey isn't bad, but I'm gonna wait to see its mid stage evolution first before I decide if I like it better or not. But, so far, for sure, Scorbunny is my favorite. You all remember that fake starter leak from last year w/the Fire Rabbit and Grass ape, right? Look how nearly correct that fake leak was.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Scorbunny is life. I even drew fanart already looll.

Years
  • I'm going to wait and see what the final stages look like and what their typings are before making a final decision. If I had to chose right now, I'd probably go with Scorbunny.

Back