• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who's Your Starter?

Who's your starter?

• Total voters

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • Other than Tepig in Unova, I will forever be loyal to Grass-type starters, hehe. So naturally, I'm going with Grookey! :D

Nothing will ever quite replace Rowlet for me, though... </3

LatchoDives23

Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards
    Years
  • I hate all of them, but I'd have to choose Scorbunny, despite usually picking Water starters (my only usual exceptions being in Hoenn and Sinnoh)

Last edited:

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Definitely aiming for Scorbunny unless the final evo sucks (please no Fire/Fighting!)

Totally going to name it either Frith or El-ahrairah because of Watership Down.

Years
  • While the later evolutions could obviously change my opinion, Scorbunny is easily my favorite of the three so far, which is a bit surprising as the Fire-type starter has never been my favorite in any generation. Grookey and Sobble just aren't all that exciting to me, though I have seen fan art of both that has helped me improve my opinion on them a little bit, at least.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I simply can't decide between Sobble and Scorbunny!! >m< (Oops, did I hate on Grookey there) I like Sobble's personality, and its camouflage powers, but Scorbunny - Scorbunny calls to me. Guess I'll have to wait for the final evolutions.
    (I wonder if I'm drawn to Scorbunny because it reminds me of my pre-gen 7 favorite Pokemon, Victini?)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I like all three, but something about Sobble makes me want to choose it. Of course, the evolutions once revealed could change my mind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I love all 3 of them! Although, Sobble has my heart. Grookey would be my second choice! I generally prefer grass types but Sobble's adorableness is undeniable!

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Scorbunny! I have a tradition of using fire starters since Gen 1.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I don't care if Scorbunny turns out to be fighting. I just want it's evo to look good. I'm definitely switching to fire this gen.

Years
    • Online now
    Sobble because I'm always choosing water first. Gen 3 is the only exception.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Still going to wait until the final evos come out. Water is usually my choice, but I feel like doing something different.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I usually wait until I see the final evolutions before making a final decision. But going off of first impressions, I'm leaning towards Sobble, because it's precious and I wanna protect it.

...I just realized I always somehow end up picking the water starter.

Years
  • I think all 3 are super cute, I really would not mind any of them at this stage. It is a tough call, I went back and forth, but I think if I had to choose today it would be grookey. That little chimp awwww,

It is of course early to say because the final evolution will decide everything. I was Team Litten for Alola, but when I saw everyone's final form Primarina won me over. The same thing happened in Kalos, I was all set for Fennekin-- and liked Braxien and Delphox too...but when I saw Greninja I was blown away. I could change my allegience again.

For now Grookey for me.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The thing that happened to me last generation is happening to me again this generation. I say I'm picking the grass starter without question, and then I start developing a soft spot in my heart for the water starter, and I'd bet anything that I'll be using Sobble my first run and not Grookey.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2019
    I think I am going to go with Sobble. Just it looks like a water alternative of Treecko, and Treecko is my favourite starter.

Back