• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Who's your starter?

Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup?

• Turtwig

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Piplup

Votes: 54 48.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2021
    piplup is so cute <3 don't like water, i love fire type, but chimchar... piplup will be mine xD

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Turtwig yesterday, Turtwig today, Turtwig tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Piplup is the only way to go. My favorite starter of all times and the only Gen I never played.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Assuming I decide to buy BDSP, Turtwig. It was my starter in Diamond so imo it makes sense to choose it in the remakes.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i plan on remaking my original diamond team in BD so i'll have chimchar. using piplup in SP since that's actually my favorite of the three.

HitmonSal

Mon top!
    Years
  • Turtwig. I'm recently replaying Pearl right now and I didn't realise how awesome a quick claw Turtwig is. So I'm looking forward to use it in Shining Pearl :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Already did Piplup so I'm going Turtwig this time!

Years
  • Chimchar easily, only decent fire type in the region. Besides, if you take Empoleon over Gyarados or Gastrodon and Torterra over Roserade, you are doing it entirely wrong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Probably chimchar. I started with piplup my first time playing the original, and the next time I picked chimchar. I remember enjoying using chimchar more

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've used all three, but I'm picking Chimchar to replicate my first playthrough on Pearl. Plus, it's always good to have a fire type if there aren't many available... If I buy both versions, Piplup will be on the second version.

Somnus

- Silence Speaks -
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    I'll pick Chimchar despite the fact that I prefer Piplup due to lack of fire types. Besides, I have a Lv 1 Piplup in my Pokémon Home Box so I'll just transfer that.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    I'm going with Piplup. I typically like the water starter, so that's mainly why. I also love penguins so that adds to the appeal.

Back