• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did you pick your nickname?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I was "Purple." at one point, had a few names before that though.
    Basically while I was Purple. one of the old users on here "Josephine" used to call me Barney, as in Barney the purple dinosaur. So yeah it ended up sticking and I changed my name to Barney.

Years
  • I really liked the name "MaxedOutFreaky" then it came.... The realization.... Then saw the username change thread then boom one of the [title="Thank you mr/ms Mod]Mods[/title] changed it!
    fyi mods don't even have the power to change names, it's an admin you need to thank.

And for mine, it's just my first name and shortened from my original username here.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I chose mine because it was my major username at the time but I am changing it to «Chuckles», it shortens it and I get called that plus the lucifer at the end is unnecessary and the « and » are cool.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Well I didn't change my name but I chose Pumpkaboo because it's one of my favourite pokemon from the new generation! It's just too cute and the other pokemon I tried were taken.

I'm not very creative with names if I'm honest.

Years
  • My name is a combination of two things associated with me, the "Hikari" was named after the fact that I was once a massive fan of Dawn aka Hikari (the female PC from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) and the name means "light" in Japanese, plus it sounded cute. The name was already snapped up so that's where the numbers came in, I picked 10 because of my birth month, which is the 10th month in your average year.

I am considering changing identities in a few months to [supporter]Hikamaru[/supporter], a name I've been using on the battle server as of late, plus it has more connection to my love of Oshawott.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I chose my name because I am a Queen (T-ara fan name) and I like dinosaurs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My name isn't very special to me, to be honest. I've chosen it only because I needed a new username—I was growing tired of my old one. The time I came with this name, I was thinking of a Harry Potter character. Nymphadora Tonks, to be specific. Would've gone with the full name, but unfortunately, that's way too long. Due to that, I decided to use only the first. There were some other names that I wanted to go with, but this seemed the best to me. If I choose to have another name change at some point in the future, then I may use one of those (if they don't get taken). :b

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I have chose this one because people refer to me as just chuckles plus the « and » make it look cooler.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Well, I've recently changed my username (from Jeanne1571)
    Jeannes.Thinkin is my new signature username. On every account I have. EVERY. So if you see my username anywhere, it's me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I haven't yet, and I'm not 100 percent sure if I will, but I might change to Dipu. I go by my irl nickname everywhere at this point, and it's short and simplistic. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • This name is pretty much a name I use on almost every site I join. I first used it on the site Dailybooth, a photo-blogging site where people posted a picture everyday and added some caption. Users could reply to a photo using a picture comm them selves and or comment so a lot of users would asked certain questions to others and ask for a creative response. (example) It was pretty much the predecessor to Instagram until Instagram become more popular. Anyway, that name stuck on and I know use it everywhere.Pretty much is my intials (AW) and squared which is a math term for the result of multiplying a number by itself. I'm so attached to this name I don't think I'll want to change it. Though I have used Kouzan a few time one other sites and have been considering temporary changing my name to that for at least 4 months and go back to AWsquared soon after.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    My username has some meaning behind it. Firstly because my interests tend to sporadically change. I'll be very into a DS game for a week, for example, then very suddenly lose all interest and drop it. I just won't be able to get back into it at all. It's only video games and other hobbies that aren't important or don't require a lot of work so it's more of a quirk than a disadvantage, but I do it often and predictably. Since it's a sudden drop off and not a gradual shift of interest, calling it a "cliffhanger" ending to the interest seems appropriate.

The other major reason is my love for writing, especially roleplaying and world-crafting; Hell, I've poured hours of time into a Pokemon roleplay site I own, even though we barely have any members right now. I have a really deep love for entertaining people with either writing or roleplaying and am always trying to think of ways to improve. That's why a username that related to writing seemed perfect for me.

Those two reasons make Cliffhanger fit me better than any other username I've ever had. : )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    First let me tell you a story. It's long and it doesn't actually matter too much so I will spoiler it.

Spoiler:

That said I don't really have many intentions on changing from this name. Though, I'm not going to lie that there is one name that I might consider changing to for a little bit if only to change back to this one eventually because a friend of mine have been calling it by it and it's really been growing on me. I might start using it as my online nickname instead of just using my real name though I am not sure yet.

Frokage

The legendary curse
    Years
  • Haha, well I love Naruto and as soon as the final evos of the Gen 6 starters were released and I saw Greninja, I was like: I'll take that one and he'll be the Frokage! Been one of my favourite pokemon ever since. :p

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The new nickname is in part to be similar to the nickname I've chosen for other forums, but it's also a little bit of sly promoting. Alessi just happens to be the name of a planet in one of my stories. Sys is short for system. Alessi-sys is, in fact, the name also of my computer. To tie it in to Pokemon, I simply pasted two of the characters from my stories into a "photo" from Pokemon X and put that in my sig.

Back