• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did you pick your nickname?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Since the new name changes are in full swing, let's hear those reasons! Is there any particular reason you changed your name? What's so special about your new one that's different from your old?

For me, it was because I love this username. It's pretty much my username for everything. XD Loki is a sassy little ****, so it fit him so perfectly. <3 I'll probably keep it, even after my three months are up to change my name.

So, what about you? Even if you didn't change it, you are welcome to post and say why you chose your username. No one is discriminating those who chose to change theirs. :3

Outlier

Didn't change. I'm a newbie. Chose my username because I thought I would be dismissed as a genwunner/nostalgia *** for preferring the older games over the newer ones.

Didn't turn out to be the case. I'm glad I joined a forum with so many mature and open minded members on it. & not serebii

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I personally had a number of names I wanted to change to, but was rather hesitant in doing so because of my strong attachment to my current username synerjee. It holds a lot of meaning to me and is part of my identity here on PC. If I changed names, people might view me differently and I don't want that. It was a tough decision (I'm not the best at decision-making), but I finally decided to just capitalize my current name for a change. Just a little change won't hurt and I'll still get to keep my name.

TY

I just shortened mine, as people kept me calling Shadow and i barely use my full nickname anymore in chats, so people know me now as ShadowE more :P
    And mainly since i dont want to change much to it, i wanna be easily recognized :P

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
    Years
    I really liked the name "MaxedOutFreaky" then it came.... The realization.... Then saw the username change thread then boom one of the [title="Thank you mr/ms Mod]Mods[/title] changed it!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    My name as Starry Windy was already used long before I change my name into this one in here, ever since I'm in PC Battle Server. At that time, I thought of the name Starry from my dream anime that I wish to make, and the name Starry looks pretty if accompanied with Windy, and I think it looks more classy than Wind Heart. And the reason I retained Windy in the name is because I want people to still recognize me as the same person without confusion, because people often call me Windy here.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I had an alt that I couldn't activate at first with the name Flushed, so I can now actually use the 'e' instead of an apostrophe! I'm Flush'd reminds me of ducks for some reason, so I prefer this spelling haha.

Sirfetch’d

I picked my current name because Castform is probably the most suiting name for me out there. If I haven't made it obvious enough over the last year or so, I really love this little guy. There is just something about it that's special and is sorta...just me! I could have chosen many other names but nothing is more appropriate than this one and I am super happy about it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    "Route 18" is actually the title of one of my favourite songs. I've also been using the username "route-eighteen" on various sites recently, so I thought I'd carry my new alias over here. I may change it after 3 months to something completely different. This is my sixth username on PC so far, after all~

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
    Needed a new name, and I liked the idea of an oxymoron so I Googled a list, found Beyond Infinity and used it.

I think it stuck because the idea of infinity intrigues me. Like, the infinite parallel Universe theory and stuff.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    because "Talli" is the name of the Tribe of my novels and sound better that my old one "Curtis Talli" just one member of the tribe.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    MKGirlism:
    M = Mario
    K = Kart
    Girl = Who I am.
    ism = Something YouTube randomly added, without notifying me about it.

So yeah, "Mario Kart Girl", because Mario Kart is the only game I play on a long term basis, and Super Mario 64 too, but that's because it's my first game ever.

Years
    Stiles. is a character from the series Teen Wolf. He's my favorite character and I just really like the name in general. It's different and I feel as if it fits me well :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I hatched a female Scyther. The end. But to tell you the truth, I've been Sydian so long that I am the embodiment of this name. Step aside, Scyther.

Years
    I have no intention of changing my name any time soon.

This one just really suits me I guess, it is very me. The fact I have something of an addiction to almost every variety of pie kind of helps.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I didn't change mine. The story behind my name is probably the most uninteresting one here. I wanted to make up a username that didn't have any numbers in it so I just typed out a bunch of random letters like this, kafdosfyuiakpferjifjoafheuwfnulawenh, then just subtracted letters until it slept something I liked, which happened to be Kyrul.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hulk is not my favorite character, but i do like him a lot. I chose my name because I liked the name Bruce Banner and he was my favorite character in the latest Avengers movie. I probably won't change mine any time soon, but if I do it will probably be another character's name like Dick Grayson or Wally West or something similar.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Cherrim has been my favourite Pokémon since D/P released here. By the time I realized it wasn't just a passing fancy, however, someone had taken the username and then name changes went away anyway. :(

But over time, I'd started to use "Cherrim" as my username everywhere. PC was pretty much the last place that didn't match so when name changes opened back up and the option to take the username of a dead account came along? I jumped at the chance. The account had a few posts but hadn't been touched since the day after it registered in '07 so it didn't totally follow the inactivity rules but it was close enough, thankfully.

I'm so glad to finally have this username. It feels a lot more like "me" than Lightning has for years and years. ♥

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    "Anna" is so very simple. I like simple. It's not like anyone knows me by any other name. I might go back to EternallyAnna or use some of my alts' names at some point, but for now I like this simplicity.

Back