• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you play video games?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    For every gamer I believe there is a distinct and unique reason in which we choose to play video games. Whether it's because we're a devoted follower of a company or game series, we find that games are a great way to escape reality and current day struggles, or we find that relationships and friendships have been a result of games, video games can ultimately have a very positive effect on the individual's life.

So why do you game? Why do you spend so many hours playing video games?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I game because it's fun, simple as that. It's an engaging and fun hobby that I enjoy doing to the extent that I've wasted many days going on 12-hour straight binges, for the sole fact that I enjoy what I'm doing. I've met a lot of my friends through video games, and it's just something that I can confidently say will always be in my life.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
    Mostly for fun. But also a meaning of escaping into another world.. Mostly peaceful ones where you can just roam around vast landscapes and enjoy the view x3
    Sadly there arent that many games of these type so Pokemon will do.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Because it's fun, and because it lets me do things I can't do in real life. You know, like train pokémon. That's also why I don't really like "realistic" games like most FPS or sports games, those just aren't as fun.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Mostly for fun. But also a meaning of escaping into another world.. Mostly peaceful ones where you can just roam around vast landscapes and enjoy the view x3
    Sadly there arent that many games of these type so Pokemon will do.

There are many games like that! (: What kind of consoles do you have? I can give you some recommendations that fit that description (:

Years
    It's a great entertainer for me, and influences many of my styles in art, and creativity. I'll usually play any type of game, and many well known series. Not to learn about them. But to experience them.

Years
    I feel like the obvious answer is for fun but thinking about it for a while, it fluctuates between 'enjoyment' and 'something to kill time' depending on my mood. Sometimes I just need something to pass the days, like recently I've been grinding in Fire Emblem Awakening. It's not really fun but it kills time and there's a progression I can visibly see so I keep doing it. A month ago I was playing Sticker Star and just enjoying myself without even thinking about how much time I was spending on it, it felt completely natural and left me with a good feeling once I'd finished it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    It's a great entertainer for me, and influences many of my styles in art, and creativity. I'll usually play any type of game, and many well known series. Not to learn about them. But to experience them.

That's pretty awesome! (: You're an artist?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Fun, self reflexion, purpose in life, you know, stuff like that. Not saying that I'm spending most of my freetime with playing games, but when I find something good, then I want to play it a lot and thinking about my preferences in the games I play, is somewhat of a fun thing to do, as well.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I play games because it's fun. Mainly, I like having goals in certain games and trying to attain them. I can get addicted to certain games so there's that too. When I don't have anything else to do and want to get my mind off stuff, I'll play games.
    And of course, I like playing with friends.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I grew up with the videogames. My first game was for GBA... The name was FROG. With that game, I started my life in this world. I think that I play, because the video games are funny and, of course, the stories have a great importance. I discover a lot of new things with the video games.

Bay

Years
    Another medium I can experience a story, characters, and the world/worldbuilding. While I can have that with television/movies and books, video games often let you get involved more and also you can be able to experience it with others thanks to online.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Just getting the obvious answer out of the way: it's fun. I have been playing video games literally my whole life. I've always loved going into worlds unlike my own. When the real world is too hard, too cruel, or too demanding, there's another world where I can go racing with Mario characters, "catch'em all", collect crazy looking artifacts with an ottsel, travel through time...what hasn't been done in video games, really? You can do almost anything. Gaming is literally my #1 in life. It's fun, immersive, and a great experience.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's fun and get rid my stress and troubles, helps me to avoid much trouble while at work or elsewhere

Back