• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why? why? why?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    Suppose you are playing a game and its a difficult one and you have made some decent progress and forgot to save it and you go away for a minute and someone else starts playing the game when you are away and ruins your score, how do you feel that time? My little brother has done it many times with me :(

Years
    How about when you play 100+ hours on Emerald on PC, come to the part with the credits, save on ALL THE SLOTS, and then get the "your save file is corrupted" BS?

Or or or, how about when you save the game on half of the possible slots, and then someone else saves on all the possible slots, causing your save file to be deleted?

It sucks, that's what it feels like.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I think I'd rather let my dog die than this. Honestly.

Spoiler:

TY

The person who did that to me is no longer amongst the living I'm afraid.

Fortunately no one did that to me so no need to worry, right?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I did it to myself once, I was playing FF 13, I got all the way to right before you fight orphan, realized I was too weak and didn't feel like leveling so I started a new game just to play through it all and I went to save it and without even thinking I saved over my end game save file. I tried to stop it mid save because that works sometimes and I just didn't want to deal with it. I didn't turn the game back on for months.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Closest thing for me would be....

I wasn't familiar with the ways of GameShark and what it could do. There was a guy in my class and he said he could put Mew in my Yellow Version. Cool, I thought. I had a full Pokedex otherwise.

That was not the code he entered. Nope.

Deleted my save game ;___; omg I felt like crying. I put so much time into that to have it blow up in seconds.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Anyone who has played Dark Souls should know this feeling.
    I had gone insane during the beginning of the game when i first bought it as anyone will say it's a frustrating game and its easy to die playing.
    Got to the fight were you fight the four kings, spent hours trying to beat them solo with underdeveloped gear got them down to a sliver of health and my houses power cut out.

The days hence forth were merciless

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yep, I definitely have had some experiences like this in the past.

Off top of my head, one would be when I was going through a run of Yu-Gi-Oh GX Tag Force 2; I was at my friend's when I was playing, and had left my PSP on the table while going downstairs to grab a drink. While it was there, my friend took the device and started playing from beginning, and unfortunately, she, somehow, wound up erasing my save file.

I wasn't as upset, though, luckily, since I didn't get too far into the game and she wasn't precisely aware of what she was doing and whatnot. Things like this could be rather frustrating, but in cases like this, thankfully, it's sort of different (at least for some people, including myself).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    There was one night that I decided to just sit and play Final Fantasy VI for hours. I was much younger then, so I wasn't fully aware of the importance of saving. My cat, annoyed that I wasn't paying attention to her, stepped on the power strip for the SNES when I was at the middle of the game.

I hadn't saved since the beginning of the game.

I never played the SNES version of Final Fantasy VI again. It was just too painful.

Ever since then, I've been obsessive about saving, and no one else touches my games.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    "Wooo! Yeah I finally beat that gym leader who was giving me a hard time at this period in my life!"

Rex turns off his DS

"...I saved that, right?"

Years
    It happened recently to me while I was playing pokèmon, I did a gym, saved, and then went through a path and a cave, fighting trainers and such. I spent something like fifteen-twenty minutes looking for a specific pokèmon in the cave, and when I found a male one (how I wanted it) I spent some time in front of the nicknaming screen trying to find a name for it. A friend touches something on the pc (I was playing a hack) and loaded a year-old savestate. I was so sad he offered to find another one for me, though I refused.

I even did something like this to myself, two years ago. I was playing FF13 for the first time and I still had no idea on how to select the roles for the Optima, and I was sticking to the default ones. I was on the path that leads you to Odin, and I did it with some difficulty (since I still didn't know how to play the game) and won. While I was watching the cutscene, the owner of the restaurant where I worked called me, because he needed help for the evening and asked me if I could go. I turned off the ps3 and went to get ready, then I realized I didn't save.
    I didn't touch FF13 until this year's September. And I saved everytime I could.

Years
    I have an urge to save my games every 15 mins unless they autosave because there have been many occasions where I've lost huge progress. The worst I can remember is when I was doing a monotype challenge on a VBA emulator and I got to the 6th gym or something like that and then my PC just shut down. I probably sat there for around 5 minutes in silence unable to comprehend the situation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2017
    No one has ever saved over my games, and I save way too often, so losing progress isn't much of an issue for me.

I blame Dishonored for this habit. I saved every few seconds in that game when attempting my no-kill, no-detection run. >~>

Yukari

This happened a lot when my cousin was younger. It got to the point that I wouldn't let him play my video games anymore since he constantly deleted my save files.

That also happened a lot with my other cousin until I couldn't let him play my games either.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    "Yes! I caught my first shiny Pokemon!"
    Turns off 3DS
    "Uhh... did I save?"

Saved every time possible ever since that happened.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I get annoyed initially, but then I realise it's just a video game and games are about the fun while you play them - not the scores.

jk i throw them through a window

Years
    One time I made a load or progress in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and in the middle of saving, one of my cousins turned off the game. When I turned it back on, all of my saves were gone. It was heartbreaking ;_;

Back