• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wiκipædia

droomph

weeb
Years
  • What sections (or kinds of articles) do you generally read on Wikipedia? If you have a life, what's the last Wikipedia article you read?

And don't say you don't read Wikipedia. We all do. Or have.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I use Wikipedia to look up anything and everything. Even if I'm writing a scholarly paper, I won't directly use Wikipedia as my source of information, but I'll reference to it to see if the information matches that of what I find on other websites.

I've learned a lot of interesting things through Wikipedia, and I use the site daily to search for anything that comes to mind or that I'm interested in looking into. My latest search on the site was Russia-United States relations.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Wikipedia has led me to some strange things, haha. I can't remember what the last thing I read on there was, but sometimes I'll put in a random word and go from there. Some of the things on there are really interesting.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I often use Wikipedia to search any topics that interests me, like some shows. Lately I'm searching about one of the personalities.

Years
  • I sometimes used Wikipedia, but I haven't been using it a lot these days. At least it made me learn a few new things here and there.

Years
  • Ah, Wikipedia. Probably my biggest time waster on the internet behind YouTube. I can literally spend an hour or two on the site just reading through articles and clicking on related ones, and never get bored. I also love those games that send you to a random article, and try to get you to link to another through the fewest clicks possible.

The last thing I used Wikipedia for (which was about half an hour ago) was to look up the Iron Man movie. I'd just watched it yesterday, and couldn't for the life of me remember when it came out. A quick search later, and I know it came out in 2008, and about 50 more facts that I wouldn't have otherwise known, now.

Sirfetch’d

I use it for EVERYTHING! It is such a nice source to pretty much fins out anything you need and was so helpful through High School.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Funny I just found this topic, I just came from Wikipedia myself (I was reading about the state of Nevada - I really want to go visit again - not about Las Vegas, but about the northern counties in the state)....

generally in Wikipedia I'll just look up random articles that catch my interest usually whatever got in my mind (for example if I was watching a video on YouTube, and a famous person got mentioned, I might look up the history of that person, place, or event)

or keep up with the latest results in football or other events.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If I start ranting, I'd look like an adbot advertising it. Because people, this is the bestestestest site that gives maximum info, all free and easy to see, and it's a humble place! You see, Wikipedia has a page of Wikipedia and it even lets people see comments made by people that are not in favour of it! That way, it's the most reliable thing, and also, see that anybody can edit stuff (like a wiki) so it's almost never out of date!

They call Wikipedia the incredibly roaming site, because oh yes, I kept rounding about from one related article to another. Wasted lot of time + helped my G.K + helped me survive in school = awesome.
    P.S - The last article I saw in the Wiki prior to this post was the one known as - Pokémon.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Wikipedia is a good source to get information quick. If there is some term I don't know what it is, I use google and take the first wikipedia link that's provided.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I wander around Wikipedia and read about medical stuff because it's interesting. I end up going from link to link, learning various things that I never will need to know.

A while back, one of my teachers actually printed out wikipedia pages on relevant matters for us to study. X}

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    There is a ton of stuff that I look up on Wikipedia, whether it be Sports, History, Science, Health or Geography. I don't think I go one day without looking up a wikipedia article.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I will read absolutely anything on Wikipedia. I'll just hit 'Random Page' and see wherever it takes me. When not taking a ride on the endless possibilities of Special:Random, I can be found perusing scientific or mindless geographical topics.

I've actually been using the site (and I've had a Wikipedia account) since 2007, so my history with it stretches back a long time. I was there before the Vector skin came out, I saw the mass purge or editing of BLP articles and I've seen the English Wikipedia reach two, three and four million pages in size!

srinator

the last thing i read on wikipedia was about wayne rooney :P

-

Call me Dash.
    Years
  • Uhhh, last time I sat down and actually read an article, rather than just referencing to Wikipedia, I was reading about time complexity... Stuff like the P = NP problem.

I really hate having to argue with people who claim that one shouldn't ever use Wikipedia for information, "as it could be inaccurate because anyone can edit it." I always have to explain to them that, while yes it's a wiki, edits are heavily monitored and thus any changes get revised very quickly; therefore if someone were to break an article, someone else would see the change and undo it. Don't get me wrong, one shouldn't just use one source of information, but Wikipedia is good for getting a concept of what something is.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
    Years
  • Wikipedia is the perfect place to get knowledge. The last article I read was about Garuda Purana an Indian book of what happens after-life.

I read almost every kind of topic, mostly I come across scientific ones as I'm interested in science. I always take help of Wikipedia to do my project works in school, for which the last topic I read was about UV radiations I suppose.

Years
  • Yes, I have used Wikipedia for stuff since I was in elementary school, though I have had teachers that do not like citation of it. However, for teachers that do allow citation of Wikipedia, I'm sure they know that Wikipedia information also has its own citations, to verify correct information.

As for the articles I read, they vary. I am also an editor of Wikipedia (with over 500 edits), so if I spot vandalism, I usually revert it.

And no, I will not support Wikipedia. I hate it when they put those banners up on every single page.

Last edited:
    Back