• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii gets price cut

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
  • It seems like it'll drive up sales. Plus, it's the new "thing" in gaming.
    PS3 Slim gets new price of $299.
    Xbox 360 Elite gets new price of $299.
    Wii will then get price to $199 due to it not being over $300, originally.

Make sense?

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • Hmmm. I guess it's good. More people will get to buy a Wii or PS3 or XBOX 360 for alot cheaper. Price cut are good I suppose. Now I could afford them ^^ Or at least one of them ha.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I dont care much for the wii so yeah it doesnt matter to me much. Besides, it seems like people dont really buy wiis now because most people would rather have 360s/PS3s.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • The best part about this is that Europe not only gets a price cut but both WiiSports and WiiSports Resort with motion+. So worth buying a Wii again besides the fact that I own 20 games for it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Mom was waiting for this, and there's a used Wii at our Gamestop... Yay for not owning a Wii yet! xD

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • TBH I thought that the Wii already costed $199. D:
    Also, I'm pretty sure that the Wii price drop will be the least sale-changing because everyone already has a Wii. :P

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • About the Internet Channel, if you bought it for 500 points already, you're allowed to get a free NES game for Virtual Console at the end of October via the Wii Shop Channel.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    About the Internet Channel, if you bought it for 500 points already, you're allowed to get a free NES game for Virtual Console at the end of October via the Wii Shop Channel.

Yay :D some compensation xD
    Price Cuts are amazing even though it wont affect me. This way Wii can be competitive with PS3/Xbox360

Years
  • Hmm I wonder if there are any good NES games.

A pricecut still won't make it worth it though, my wii is now waiting for my 360 to RROD so it can have two weeks of usage.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Seems to me like the gaming companys are steadily makng room for the next wave of consoles.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd buy it, except I'm a poor college student and $199 is STILL too much for me :/

Then there's the lack of good anime-based RPG games, which is all I ever buy anymore :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Apparantly the UK isn't seeing the price drop.
    It is just its unoticable cause they raised the price and now they are lowering it to the original with a special bundle of WSR.
    Wii gets price cut

That box makes it look like a bat is in the box or something...

Last edited:

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • Unsurprising, seeing as how the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 have gotten price-cuts recently.

Years
  • Seems to me like the gaming companys are steadily makng room for the next wave of consoles.

Unlikely, Microsoft are adding so much stuff (facebook, livefm etc.) in an update some time soon and Natal is coming soon to be compatible with the 360 not as a seperate console.

Sony will probably compete with microsoft by adding features but Nintendo might go next wave because they are too far behind, quality wise, to compete using the wii.

Back