• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    That's NIS =D No matter what, those games will be grindy as hell =D
    Well, generally, but they've been moving away from divisive grinding as of late. That's why they've started implementing the cheat shop into their games- which is a great addition, it really does well to welcome crowds previously put off by grinding without alienating those that don't mind it.

pkmin3033

Now all they need to do is remove the ridiculously high entry barriers so that newer players will be able to pick them up without being overwhelmed by the game's assumption that you'll instantly master all the subtle nuances of the gameplay, aha.

Years
    I can't master or grind at all in SMT IV. I heard it'd be difficult but the difficulty is beyond my limits. I am not looking forward to SMT X FE if it'll be this damn hard.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I can't master or grind at all in SMT IV. I heard it'd be difficult but the difficulty is beyond my limits. I am not looking forward to SMT X FE if it'll be this damn hard.
    The Press Turn system just takes some getting used to, and there's a lot of leeway; though the mainline Shin Megami Tensei games are (in)famously difficult (especially 3), SMTIV- despite being difficult- is incredibly forgiving.

What difficulty are you playing on?

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
    mechwarrior 3 mech collision crash help

each time i run in2 a mech it crashes, although its playing by clan rules, i find it EXTREMELY ANNOYING as it crashes 2 desktop EVERY TIME

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Whoa....that's pretty damn good. Must've been a bitch to make though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    SMT is pretty much definition of difficulty ;)

Well, generally, but they've been moving away from divisive grinding as of late. That's why they've started implementing the cheat shop into their games- which is a great addition, it really does well to welcome crowds previously put off by grinding without alienating those that don't mind it.
    On the other hand, they aren't capable of making non-grindy games yet imo.

Btw, since we have changed title, what do you guys think of Titanfall losing MS exclusivity?

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Really feels like Titanfall faded into almost irrelevancy reaal quick. I suppose if they bring it back with a bang it could do well but an online-only multiplayer-only shooter... Cmon.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Really feels like Titanfall faded into almost irrelevancy reaal quick. I suppose if they bring it back with a bang it could do well but an online-only multiplayer-only shooter... Cmon.
    I really think of it as one of those "I'd rather have a multiplayer-only game than a game with emphasis on multiplayer and a tacked on singleplayer" type deals. Titanfall really did feel like a game that was built for online specifically.

That said, the gameplay's fun enough that I would love a singleplayer mode based around it (movement in TF feels really good- surprisingly so, to the point that it's my favorite thing about the game. Local Multiplayer would be nice, as well (or, at the very least, Local Cooperative Online Multiplayer). Being able to play against bots would be nice- and in that sense, a Titanfall 2 has a lot of potential. Whether it'll live up to it...eh...

pkmin3033

I'm not surprised; MS exclusives seem to rarely remain so for very long unless Microsoft has a hand in developing or publishing them. The principal of it annoys me, because I think the Xbone should keep its exclusives - it's going to be the Xbox 360 all over again if it keeps losing them - but on the other hand it doesn't bother me all that much, as I don't own an Xbone and I honestly don't much care about Titanfall or its sequel; it's not a series that has ever really attracted my attention...mostly because of the online aspect being given so much focus.

I suppose I'll leave off judging Titanfall 2 until I've seen some more information about it, but I doubt it will appeal to me either unless the focus does a complete 180...which is unlikely to happen.

Years

Feel like that might have been a result of it being over-hyped, as the next huge shooter franchise when it fell somewhat short of expectations and didn't bring anything significantly game-changing to the industry. But that's just my opinion.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Ok on a completely unrelated topic, I had a really good race online in MK8, except for one thing. Tell me what's wrong in the following video:
    *video*
    Someone was using Metal Mario. :V

I had a win turn into a loss though once or twice in MK8. I put it down to bad lag or somesuch. Rare occurrence thankfully.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    New Deus Ex teased - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Coming to PS4/XB1/PC. Don't wanna post any screens or whatever until I see actual gameplay footage JUST IN CASE.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    OK ITS OFFICIAL. New Deus Ex game starring ADAM JENSEN AGAIN.

Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

I really loved the original Adam Jensen game (Deux Ex: Human Revolution). Was definitely not a typical shooter and much more based on stealth, exploration and player choice as well as a great dystopian future world and awesome atmosphere. I'm really glad they're doing another.

Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

I actually think it was quite underrated. So I'm excited for this!

EDIT: DAMN I ACCIDENTALLY DOUBLE POSTED INSTEAD OF EDITED MY LAST POST. SORRY :(

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I actually really liked the last one even though I kinda had a feeling it would be one of those games that I just kinda blew off. I'm interested to see what they'll be doing with Adam next after how the last one ended.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back