• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Persona 3 Main Character, I'd say :P

We call the main character of Persona games "MC" because they don't have a default name on the games (they do on manga and other stuff, iirc)

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Exactly. Do you know if the Xbox One has released a wired controller yet? I've always preferred the controllers that I can connect to the USB port in my Xbox 360 over the wireless ones, as they always seem to die on me in the most inopportune times.

As far as I know, no. There's no wired only version of the controller yet. The official ones can be connected to the Xbox One and used without batteries but they are still very expensive.

Years
  • Minato Arisato, yay! Too bad this isn't the default name in the game. In P4, for example, we have Yu Narukami (anime), Soji Seta (manga) and a nameless MC in the game xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Minato Arisato, yay! Too bad this isn't the default name in the game. In P4, for example, we have Yu Narukami (anime), Soji Seta (manga) and a nameless MC in the game xD
    It is his default name in PQ, though =)
    So we can pretty much take Minato as his official as much as Yu's is... Yu.

I went with Soji Seta as the name for P4MC until P4G was released.
    I started with P3P and wanted to name my protagonist with name, I've been using for a while (Satoshi Zetsukami) but there wasn't enough letters =D So I had to change the surname and that's how I got Ookami and that became my name until now =D
    I prefer using that name rather than default names, pretty much the only exception was Devil Survivor 2 where I actually named my MC Hibiki Kuze according to his default name =D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I started with P3:FES. Very frustrating to deal with team mates who you can't control :(
    Yea, that's in my opinion biggest flaw of P3 and that's because many fans believe that P4 is better than P3. Original P3 and P3:FES both had uncontrollable party... at least it was changed in P3P =D
    And since I started with P3P it was kinda hard for me to play FES =D
    But once you get good Personas, it will just be matter of killing everything with Minato/Aigis =)
    I would suggest fusing Jack Frost with Zio, Garu and Agi (he gets Bufu by default) that way you can cover every weakness enemies have and you will be able to get many One Mores until All Out Attack and that way you won't need to care about your party =D

Btw, I hope you started with The Journey =D Because The Answer is what happens after The Journey =)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I couldn't get into P3FES but I enjoyed P3P a lot... I think I just really preferred being the female MC rather than the guy. I was disappointed when P4G didn't offer the same choice. :(

Speaking of, though, I can't stand when games don't give you a default name. I don't like coming up with names on my own--I prefer all my characters to be pre-named unless they're literally supposed to be whatever you want (ie, Elder Scrolls and whatnot). In JRPGs, at least, I don't want to have to make something up which is why the beginning of Persona games stress me out so much. I always have to look up what the common name for the MC is and even then, when they have multiple names in the fandom... sob.

...and don't even get me started on when games have you name your save file and don't actually tell you that that's going to be your character's name. It was sooo hard to take the main character of Nier seriously even though he's this buff, middle-aged father because everyone kept calling him "Cherrim" and it was utterly ridiculous. :(

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    NieR probably had the most creative use of your name ever. My mind was blown when
    Spoiler:

Also I heard if you choose ending D you can't ever start a new file with the same name for Nier, but I wouldn't know myself because I'm not willing to finish those awful awful side quests.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of P3 but FeMC has much better romance options. The only paths I really liked when playing as Minato was Aigis and the businessman. I didn't care for anyone else at all.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Honestly I'm not a big fan of P3 but FeMC has much better romance options.
    I never even played as Minako yet =D I always keep telling myself to try it for the new social links (and Yukiko) and scenes but not playing as Minato is too hard =D

The only paths I really liked when playing as Minato was Aigis and the businessman. I didn't care for anyone else at all.
    By paths, do you mean Social Links?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Disappoited to see no one talk about Dark Souls 2. Isn't anyone into the Souls franchise? :(

I never played the persona series. Nor do I really plan to anytime soon.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Disappoited to see no one talk about Dark Souls 2. Isn't anyone into the Souls franchise? :(

I had preordered it and I am still waiting for it to come in the mail D:

Dark Souls is an amazing franchise and I've been shutting out all news and media content about Dark Souls II as I'm trying to go into blind but the suspense is killing me aaaaaahhhhhh

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I still have yet to complete the original game but every second spent dying in that game felt great. I love it a lot. And I'm actually considering buying a new PC just to enjoy this game at a good framerate. Current PC sucks balls lmao.

Oh, and I saw some reviews today. Seems like it lives upto its predecessor's legacy. :D FROM delivers yet again, it seems. I wanna get into college asap and play the hell outta this. Honestly, I'll even stop watching anime for this haha.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Disappoited to see no one talk about Dark Souls 2. Isn't anyone into the Souls franchise? :(

Hey, feel my pain, at least you got people all over DSII everywhere else.

DK Tropical Freeze lost game of the month to a damned DLC.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Hey, feel my pain, at least you got people all over DSII everywhere else.

DK Tropical Freeze lost game of the month to a damned DLC.

Seriously though, what was up with that?! I know that Gamespot has an affair with the Last of Us, but it is called Game of the Month, not DLC of the Month.

I personally thought Bravely Default should have won. But I haven't played Tropical Freeze so I can't give an honest opinion of it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Disappoited to see no one talk about Dark Souls 2. Isn't anyone into the Souls franchise? :(

Most of the people that would talk about Dark Souls 2 are probably too busy playing it. I really like it myself, much more than Dark Souls, but I can already see all of the content they had to change in order to make it run better. Also almost of the bosses have been a complete joke so far, but it could just be because I've played DeS and DaS numerous times.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    3DS owners, what are all of the best recent and upcoming releases for the system? I might consider getting Bravely Default, but I want to get a list of the other great games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You should definitely try The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I bought it back in January this year, and simply love it; it's extremely addicting. So far, this is the third time I'm playing through this game. :] You could always try Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. I personally haven't gotten this game (will pretty soon), but according to others, it's a must-play.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • 3DS owners, what are all of the best recent and upcoming releases for the system? I might consider getting Bravely Default, but I want to get a list of the other great games.
    Do you have any preference?
    Bravely Default is a great game if you have a lot of time to kill. You won't find It easy to put down. Yoshi's Island is coming out friday, and if you like the first, I'd say go for it. If you like strategy games and like capcom/Namco you should try Project x zone as well. Really fun

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back