• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will this be all of Gen 7?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Switch will have a pokemon game, but it may not be a main series. I am almost certain that we might be getting something similar to XD Gale of Darkness and Colosseum on the Switch which we might be able to use Poke Bank to transfer between games. They said there would be a Pokemon Game within the first 6 months of the Switch's life for Switch.

Also, 6th Gen had the Pokken Tournament Game.

As for DLC, I am pretty sure they said a pokemon game would never have DLC unless it was specifically designed for it. If they wanted to make it DLC, I think the Plaza would have been the place with the currency, but we can earn currency fairly easy from what we have seen.

Years
  • I remember hearing Game Freak was working on a new Pokemon game for Switch, but since GF are main series developers it's making me question if the main series does eventually plan to move to this first-ever hybrid console after 7th Gen.

User19sq

RELIVE THIS CLASSIC TALE FROM THE SINNOH REGION, WHERE YOU ONLY GOT A CHOICE BETWEEN TWO F*CKING FIRE-TYPES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN! AND YES, ONE IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A STARTER! SO GIVE US YOUR MONEYZ PLSKTHANX!

Years
  • RELIVE THIS CLASSIC TALE FROM THE SINNOH REGION, WHERE YOU ONLY GOT A CHOICE BETWEEN TWO F*CKING FIRE-TYPES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN! AND YES, ONE IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A STARTER! SO GIVE US YOUR MONEYZ PLSKTHANX!

If a Sinnoh remake happens, I hope that we get the Sinnoh Dex from Platinum retained and not the original Diamond/Pearl one. But I feel we should take this elsewhere for now...

User19sq

But wait; if there will be a DPPt remake, then won't it (more-than-unlikely) include new Megas? And S&M won't see an update to include them? Ain't history gonna potentially repeat itself?!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    If a Sinnoh remake happens, I hope that we get the Sinnoh Dex from Platinum retained and not the original Diamond/Pearl one. But I feel we should take this elsewhere for now...

One would also hope it's really a Platinum remake disguised as Diamond/Pearl remakes, like HeartGold/SoulSilver were really Crystal remakes.

And very much unlike OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. >_>

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    RELIVE THIS CLASSIC TALE FROM THE SINNOH REGION, WHERE YOU ONLY GOT A CHOICE BETWEEN TWO F*CKING FIRE-TYPES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN! AND YES, ONE IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A STARTER! SO GIVE US YOUR MONEYZ PLSKTHANX!
    Sinnoh remakes featuring all-new Sinnoh forms of Pokémon including, but not limited to:
    Fire-Type Hoothoot and Noctowl
    Fire-Type Wooper and Quagsire
    Fire-Type Wingull and Pelipper
    Fire-Type Girafarig
    And more Fire-Types!

But wait; if there will be a DPPt remake, then won't it (more-than-unlikely) include new Megas? And S&M won't see an update to include them? Ain't history gonna potentially repeat itself?!
    Honestly, although I hated that XY and ORAS had limited connectivity due to that, as long as DPP remakes are... actually based off of Platinum and have all the post-game content intact and new fun stuff, I won't really be all that bummed if it happened again.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Nintendo won't be giving up on the 3DS any time soon, regardless of whether Pokemon makes it to the Switch or not.

Might not want to bet money on that.

There's a reason 1st party support this year looked more like Wii U's: most teams are working on Switch. 3DS isn't getting any younger, and game development for it isn't getting any easier. You can tell Game Freak is hitting the absolute limit this generation as well. They desperately need new hardware.

3DS will get minor support like any other system -- even Wii U is getting some stuff in 2017 despite having stopped production already, but once Switch gets going Nintendo is going to take it out back and give it the Old Yeller treatment.

Absolute best case scenario is Gen 4 remakes are on both platforms next year, but they'll be the last big titles on the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2022
    I don't see the next Pokemon game being on the switch. Nintendo of Japan is selling a good amount of 3DS consoles currently so it doesn't seem like they would want to stop producing for it. Also considering that one recentish Nintendo Direct paved the way for 3DS through 2017' Also the 3DS has sold 60 million units to date and I don't see the switch selling that many consoles by the time the next Pokemon game releases also who knows if the switch will be the system they choose because to me it seems like a Wii U replacement. I don't know if it will even be a New 3DS exclusive considering it only makes up under 10% of all 3DS sales. Only time will tell besides we haven't even got to play this gen yet :).

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    More games because they should think about Diamond and Pearl remakes.

The Nintendo Switch could be for Wii U Games but they may not have Nintendo Switch exclusive games.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I'm curious on what you mean by this? I don't think the Switch would be backwards compatible with Wii U games, especially since the Switch uses cartridges (apparently) and the Wii U uses discs. It's also worth noting that no two remakes have ever been on the same system, so with ORAS being on the 3DS (assuming Game Freak continues this pattern), it stands to reason that if there any DP remakes, they would be on the newer system.

Nintendo also stated that the Switch was it's own thing, not a replacement or continuation of the Wii U, which pretty much rules out backward compat. in my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    Considering that the Wii U is being discontinued in the near future, I think it apparent that the Switch is intended to replace it as Nintendo's main console focus; they might not state as much, but it is pretty clear in their actions that they're going to gradually phase it out and replace it with the Switch...it wouldn't surprise me if Breath of the Wild is the last Wii U title, echoing Twilight Princess from two generations ago. It's likely that any backwards compatability will be digital in nature, similar to how select Wii titles are on the Wii U eShop...perhaps the Switch will even share the eShop of both the Wii U and the 3DS.

I don't know what this would mean for Pokemon, but I honestly think that any Pokemon game on the Switch would have to be substantially more impressive visually than what the 3DS has been giving us, and that would take longer to develop.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I'm curious on what you mean by this? I don't think the Switch would be backwards compatible with Wii U games, especially since the Switch uses cartridges (apparently) and the Wii U uses discs. It's also worth noting that no two remakes have ever been on the same system, so with ORAS being on the 3DS (assuming Game Freak continues this pattern), it stands to reason that if there any DP remakes, they would be on the newer system.

I'm saying that they should not make an upgrade for the 3DS since it has the 3D feature.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Don't know why, but I've got a gut feeling telling me that we are going to see DPPT remakes in gen 7.
    Despite this, I really don't think that the idea is a ridiculous one. We already have had three regions on the 3DS, including Kalos, Hoenn and Alola, and that is the most no. of regions of the main series games people have ever ventured into in any one console besides the NDS. Gamefreak might wanna break this streak that kicked up with the release of FRLG of each gen consisting of atleast four games, and try something new.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's a good thing they're keeping the Switch on its own to prevent putting all their eggs in a bullet riddled basket. . . I feel like there should always be a handheld for the Pokémon games!

Years
  • There are now reports suggesting that a third version of Sun/Moon will be released for the Switch. This would probably be a good idea to avoid the same situation as the last handheld generation transition were the 3DS had to go two and a half years without a Pokémon title. It might look graphically unimpressive compared to other games on the system though.

Back