• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will you be replaying RSE?

Years
  • I just started replaying Emerald about a week ago, the re-release makes me second guess whether to replay or not, I dunno. I love 3rd gen, real good times associated with it. Happy they're getting a remake, but because they still work with the current gen, I almost wish they would just leave them as is and develop a big, multi continent game with some kind of mmo element. Lots of mixed emotions here clearly, still processing.

Years
  • Definitely. I love replaying them, and haven't in awhile due to XY and college. You can bet when I am off for summer break I will be playing through Hoenn!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I still love Emerald to death and am most of the way through a run right now so I'll finish that at least! I don't really need to do any re-acquainting though considering that I recently found out I know most of the random NPC teams by heart and can walk a fair amount of routes with my eyes closed. -v-;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Now that we've got remakes on the way will you be replaying the original Ruby, Sapphire and/or Emerald to better reacquaint yourselves with Hoenn during the next few months or will you be avoiding the games?

Since I'm kind of stuck in Generation 3 (with my main other option being Pokemon FireRed, which is severely lacking in post-game in my opinion), I will indeed be playing Pokemon Emerald, time permitting! Although the remakes won't have the impact in the manner of "Wow! I haven't experienced Hoenn in a long time; look at all the changes!" since I am way too acquainted with the various ins and outs of Hoenn, I'll love comparing all of the changes from the Generation 3 Hoenn-based games. I'm hoping to trade my current Level 100s to FireRed at some point and restart Emerald to get some "one time only" items, but I'm not sure when that will be.

I'll definitely have to replay Pokemon Emerald in order to obtain a Groudon (since I doubt anyone will freely trade me one), though. Emerald in particular holds some replay value due to its notoriously wonderful "faulty" pseudo-random-number-generator which can aid in obtaining Pokemon within specific stats as well as shiny Pokemon, although competitively breeding seems like it'll be much easier in Generation 6 (whether in XY or OR/AS).

On the other hand, my internal battery for Emerald that tracks temporal/clock-based events died recently (RIP ;-;), so unless I replace the battery, a lot of the content is watered down (such as growing Berries, Lilycove Lottery, the Battle Frontier betting man, and daily Secret Base battles). This instance actually gives me incentive to get AlphaSapphire (not that I needed any; I mean, it's HOENN!), as the clock feature will likely be working properly for years to come.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I've beaten Ruby at least 20 times in my life, it was my favorite game of all time. I think I'll skip playing it, or any Pokemon game at all, for the next 6 months to get super pumped for the remakes. ^_^

Years
  • I know the games off by heart since for about 2 years of my life I only owned Emerald and that was all I had for travelling with.

I had the same experience too.

For now, I'm going to avoid the games. I want Omega Ruby to be as fresh as possible for me in November.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I've been replaying RSE since like, forever. Now I wanna do as many fricking challenges as I can 'til it's released.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been waiting for them to remake these for a long, long time, so I definitely will; not doing so wouldn't really make sense. XD; Though, it would be great of they had a different storyline this time around. I'd still play if they don't, but it's just something I'd like to see happen.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • My Emerald game has over 700 hours logged on it, so I think it could use a rest. That said, I haven't actually picked it up in a couple of years now. Sad, I know.

I might play a ROM of Emerald once or twice before the new games' release, just to get a rehashed feeling the region and its quirks. Then again, I might want to save that for the submerging into the new installments.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Considering I still play those games, I don't think there would be much difference. I can tell, however, that replaying the older games would be a nice thing to do before the release comes by because it would be fresh and heartwarming. And you could also appreciate the neat new stuff they've added on then.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Ah, I'll be probably be playing my Emerald again since it's been a while now and it's a good nine years since I've sat down and played it without the splitting urge to reset it for some daft reason.

I might do a twist on how I play it this time since its a remake releasing of RS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I spent hundreds of hours on both Ruby and Emerald. The first one or two years the games had come out, I had a second copy of Ruby, which I restarted every week. So no, I won't be replaying it since I remember everything clearly, especially the maps which I thought were beautiful.

I'm just excited to see a bigger, better Hoenn in 3D.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2016
    I'll definitely be replaying Emerald, I'll never get tired of Hoenn!

Back