• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will you be replaying RSE?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    probably not. when HG/SS were coming out I replayed gold and it didn't really do anything for me, just kinda made me want the game more, if anything it did more harm than good. i'll just spend my time speculating more than likely

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I have been busy with a nuxlocke of sapphire atm for over a month actually, so yes I am replaying it :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I don't know but I might start playing my Emerald Randomlocke again to hype me up for Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire :)

Years
    I'm going to play Ruby and Emerald again, I've played Ruby for over twenty-three times and Emerald for over fifty-one, I might play them as Nuzlockes lel.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Probably not. I don't want to get bored of Hoenn by the time OR/AS comes out and I want to feel like I'm playing an almost new adventure. Although, I am replaying FireRed which is in the same gen as R/S/E and this year is the 10th anniversary of FR/LG.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Definitely!! Once I actually find my old copy =w=;;;
    There are still a few things I haven't completed in my Emerald version that I can always finish. I don't know if I could start with a whole new file though!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    I just restarted a new game of Ruby a few weeks ago. No objection to replaying the old, favorites are favorites, and I could replay some of my old games forever.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I was planning on restarting all my Gen 3 games sometime soon for completely unrelated reasons, and the announcement of the remakes didn't change that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Sadly, I've lost my Ruby and Emerald copy, and I don't have an emulator, so there's no way for me to replay RSE before the remakes' release.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have my GBA SP and Gameboy Player (the Gamecube peripheral) in other room, so I could if I wanted to, but, I don't really need to. I've played through them a million times - I know what it's like. Playing through it again will just make ORAS feel less new.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was actually in the middle of replaying Ruby a while back but I haven't touched in a while, might be time for another look.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I remember the game pretty well so it's not like I need a refresher. xD

I only have the ROM for it since my copy of the game got stolen and I don't like playing games on the computer much. I may give it a try. I don't want to too much because I don't want to compare the two and get disappointed with the remakes not being like the originals if that happens.

Years
    I went through my Sapphire copy this year because I needed a Skitty for X... And I just flew around to some cities.. I won't restart this game tho.. I'll just wait till November. I do remember a lot about this game but I don't remember it all so I'm looking forward to play the new game :)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    No, I won't be. I find it pointless to replay what will essentially be the same game right before getting it as it'll probably bore me if I play the remakes.

Can barely even remember R/S/E, to be honest, as that was the generation I skipped over due to my stupid "too old for Pokemon" phase. I only got nearly to the end in Sapphire before stopping short of the E4 due to having to grind excessively.

But I'd rather keep it that way. Because to me, it'll be like actually playing NEW games. And I find that more exciting that reliving an old adventure.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah, I have 1 copy of Sapphire and 2 copies of Emerald (!??! don't know how that happened tbh) so I will probably play them during the summer when I have time just to get super excited. <3

Years
    For nostalgic purposes, I definitely will be. Hoenn is my favorite region, and I've replayed RSE so many more times than the other installments. It's in my agenda to play the game thorugh once with each starter and a completely different supporting cast!

HUF_DBC

I'm gonna replay Emerald. but i was wondering is there any difference between Emerald and Ruby? Or are they the same exact game

Back