• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you be using any of the new Pokémon on your team?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 29, 2019
I might use Corviknight because of its Gigantamax form. Eldegoss will surely be on my team especially if it has an evolution. Wooloo and Yamper depend on their evolution as well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Between Sobble, Alcremie, Wooloo, Eldegoss, Impidimp, and Yamper, I expect to have the most adorable team in all of Galar. :')

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I still can't decide which starter I want, so the only two that are locked in are Corvinight and Yamper.

...I feel like that perfectly represents the two sides of my personality.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
I use only new pokemon per team anyways and I'm not waiting for Home to come out, I'm too impatient for that. lol

Scorbunny
Eldegoss
Yamper
Impidimp/Alcremie

These are basically my definitive. I like Drednaw A LOT but I want to see what else gets revealed.

Years
As of the latest update Drednaw and Corviknight are the only gen 8 guaranteed a spot and I saw a Raichu so that will def have a place will have to see a full dex to see which older poke on i can use, out of the starters Scorbunny looks the better but will have to see its evolutions to see if I want to use it or go with no starter

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
For example Corviknight and Wooloo are neat, and I'm curiously eyeing Duraludon too. If I get the game, I feel like there'll definitely be new pokemon featured in my team!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Aside from the starter 'mon, I might keeping an eye on Wooloo and Alcremie as my potential team members. Still, this list might change as I'm catching more old and new 'mons later on.

Last edited:
Years
If the GTS is available early enough, I'll be using the three starters for sure. Other than I'm not sure which Pokemon I'm going to use yet, but I'm definitely going to be using only Pokemon introduced in Gen 8 for my main team. Bit of a tradition of mine to only use Pokemon introduced in that game's generation. Although, if it's a remake I use Pokemon introduced in the generation it's a remake of.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Hmm... I'm not sure about using all the new pokemon, but i will definitely use Scorbunny, Linoone, Corviknight and Duraludon .

Last edited:

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
For sure I'm using some new Pokemon on the team, at least for the story play through. I feel like I'd be foolish not to, the new Pokemon are cool and I really like them. Once the main story is finished I'll bring my 3DS team over, or at least as many of them as possible, and do the post-game events with them. Having 8 badges by then will ensure I can control them after all, what with them being Lv. 100. For sure I'm gonna actively attempt to catch and try out everything in the region, though.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm not sure on all of my team, but generally when I play a new generation game for the first time I'll be aiming to use new gen Pokemon for the most part.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 25, 2019
Obviously the starter scorbunny, will try out galarian zigzagoon and DEFO the ponyta, and possibly alcremie or wtf its called

Years
I know I want Corviknight as a regular. It's really cool and I'm still not used to not needing HMs, so I instinctively pick a flyer.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
At the moment I'm thinking of...in order of certainty.

Polteageist (feels like the only real certainty atm)
Sobble
Rolycoly
Impidimp
Galarian Ponyta
Cramorant

Rolycoly has grown on me so much recently, especially after realising that it's wheel moves. It would be perfect if it became fire type after evolving.

It's interesting that I feel like I already like this team quite a lot even though there are still so many Pokemon left unrevealed. I wonder how the datamined will effect my team idea.

Last edited:
Years
Yes, I definitely will be using Grookey (Sword), Sobble (Shield), Wooloo, Cramorant and Yamper and will most likely fill the rest of the two teams with new Pokémon. I feel it defeats the point of playing a new Pokémon game if you don't use at least one or two new Pokémon but having a few old favourites is okay, like in Ultra Moon I used a Spheal from island scan or Mareep in Black 2 :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Besides whichever starter I end up choosing, I really want to use Galarian Ponyta in my team. Corviknight is really cool, but my bf is probably going to use it in his team and I want to use a different team if possible.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Eh, I'll use my starter (Grookey) and then go from there. I've always tried out preplanning teams but I always changed that once I actually started playing

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
Years
Of the new pokemon revealed so far, I think I will definitely try using Alcremie, Galarian Ponyta and maybe also Corviknight on my team (at least some time, if not forever). As far as the pokemon of the previous generations are concerned, I still have no concrete idea which ones I will catch and use. After all I still don't even know which starter I will pick. At the moment I'm inclined towards both Grookey and Sobble. I will probably decide only after the final evolutions have been made officially.

Last edited:
Back