• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows, Mac, Or Linux?

Your OS

• Microsoft Windows

Votes: 102 75.0%
  • Apple Mac OSX

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
  • So what are you running? Microsoft Windows(2000, XP, Vista, 7), Mac OSX(10.4, 10.5, 10.6), or Linux(I don't know any of there OS's)

Myself, I'm on OSX 10.6.1 right now, but I use Windows 7 alot.
    Make sure you vote in the poll. ;]

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I have an nLited XP and a highly configured FreeBSD on my really old computer, Vista, Xubuntu, and Fedora on my laptop, and XP on the 2004. I like the FreeBSD the most, but configuring it was not a lot of fun. I have to use Windows for gaming, and GVSU requires that I have use some Windows programs (I could probably use the Windows lab for those, but it's easier to have them on my computer). Plus, I have the most experience with Windows, so I generally have it on my computers.

Edit: whoops, mixed those up.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I have two Windows and somewhere around 10 Linux systems configured anywhere. My PC at home has both Windows XP and Xubuntu 9.04, my notebook has XP and Debian Lenny, and all the servers I run have either Debian or CentOs.

shot571

i have vista home premium. i was jus wondering wats better vista home premium or windows 7 home premium

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
  • I have Vista.

I also sort of have Linux (Yellow Dog specifically), but that's on a PS3 for a semi-school-related project and I probably wouldn't use Linux as my primary OS.

And I also use Mac OSX sometimes, 'cause that's what they have at school.

Vista's still my primary OS, though.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • My main OS is currently Mac OS X 10.6.2*. I also have Windows 7 Professional* within a VMware virtual machine as well as on a bootcamp partition.

I can also use either Ubuntu or Mint linux in VMware as well.

*While I may not use these exact versions at the time of this posting, by the time they are released, I will have them installed. I wrote like this so I don't have to edit this post in a week's time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's all about the OSX. Windows \7ista is nice, but it's just no Snow Leopard. And as for that other unix-based OS; the one coded by amateurs and hobbyists? The less we say about that, the better :X

Zet

Years
  • At the moment I'm using Windows Vista home edition. Though I'm hoping I'll have upgraded to Windows 7 pro or changed over to Mac some time soon since all these BSODs lately are starting to make me go blind with rage >:o

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My primary OS is Windows 7 RC after some trouble with my Windows Vista -_-' I also have a partition with Linux Debian and one I SUPPOSEDLY reserved for Linux from Scratch but i can't install the damn thing!!!

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
    Years
  • I say linux even though I'm using Windows at the moment.

I have puppy linux on my old 90s computer I have in my bedroom. I used to dualboot Fedora 10 and XP but I recently had a hard drive failure and could only find my XP backup disc. I plan on installing gentoo sometime this month. I need some blank DVDs though

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    one I SUPPOSEDLY reserved for Linux from Scratch but i can't install the damn thing!!!
    I did Linux from Scratch a while back. It takes forever to download and compile everything, but it's kinda fun. It's certainly not an easy task, though.

Anyway, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (came installed on this laptop), Windows 7 RC, and Ubuntu. The main one I boot to is 7. I really like Ubuntu, but there are just some things on it I can't stand (such as the Skype interface).

Years
  • Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04). Windows 7 (RC Build 7137) & as a backup OS, but I only use it when I have to. Considering that I'll be dropping this software course at school that requires me to use Visual Studio, I can't see my Windows partition getting much excercise. :D

I'm not usually one to follow suit, but I have to be honest - I do like the Gnome Interface, so I don't run Ubuntu's KDE or Xfce variants, although I have run Xubuntu in the past.

Does anyone actually run Kubuntu?

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    On my thinkpad right now, XP. On my desktop at home, XP.

Heh, I'm lazy.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • It's all about the OSX. Windows \7ista is nice, but it's just no Snow Leopard. And as for that other unix-based OS; the one coded by amateurs and hobbyists? The less we say about that, the better :X
    I read recently in an article (can't remember where) that the majority of Linux code these days is contributed by corporate users, not hobbyist developers. I'm guessing that means the Linux kernel, though; the rest of it isn't technically "Linux."

Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04). Windows 7 (RC Build 7137) & as a backup OS, but I only use it when I have to. Considering that I'll be dropping this software course at school that requires me to use Visual Studio, I can't see my Windows partition getting much excercise. :D

I'm not usually one to follow suit, but I have to be honest - I do like the Gnome Interface, so I don't run Ubuntu's KDE or Xfce variants, although I have run Xubuntu in the past.

Does anyone actually run Kubuntu?
    I've used it. I prefer KDE over GNOME. However, I prefer XFCE over KDE, and I prefer not having a pre-made desktop environment at all to that.

Back