• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Women's Tears a Turn-Off?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    This thread isn't made to talk about sex appeal in general, just the effect it has with women's tears. Just telling you now.

So I was on Yahoo, and I saw this interesting research study. Apparantely, women crying isn't all that it's cracked up to be towards men.

Read More Here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12138280

Discuss!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haha I saw this on my Firefox news feed the other day. I think it's fairly odd, because we've been told/taught that (at least from a guys perspective) that women crying is supposed to be a good thing for us dudes, so we can console them and appear all compassionate, sensative, and what not.

Years
  • I hope they aren't referring to when a male and female are at it and it has a negative impact if she starts crying during, because, no sugar Sherlock.

I think it has something to do with a guys willing to help and look after someone. If I saw someone crying, then I don't exactly think about much else except for their well being. I certainly wouldn't be thinking about anything sexual, that is for sure! XD​

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Uhhh.... Is that really surprising? Who ever thought that a crying woman was a turn on anyway?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • It is not a turn on...but it does make a guy want to confort the woman and try to make her feel better enless this guy is a complete loser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • As a more sensitive soul, seeing someone actually cry makes me want to console them...but I hold back more often than not because there's just not much comfort I can offer to them if I don't know them well or at all. Still, it's even worse when I see a friend crying, but when they're too upset to retell the story...you can't do much either, so it's pointless to upset yourself trying. I just let the people who know what is up handle it, unless there is no one to do so.

Still, seeing someone I'm close to crying hurts, and gender doesn't even fall into that equation at all. The more I care about them, the worse it can tear into me as well, because once I glimpse it, I can't forget it until the emotion has obviously passed from them. I feel it within myself until they overcome it.

Online, anyone I know who is feeling that sad can affect me the same way. I don't even have to see them face to face to know it...just being able to see acute signs of it is enough, and like in reality, the closer I've bonded with someone, the worse I feel it in my own heart as they do...particularly if I know what the cause is. I follow the same rules for trying to console them as I do in reality, but the pain is no less, because I'm such a nice person.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • As a more sensitive soul, seeing someone actually cry makes me want to console them...but I hold back more often than not because there's just not much comfort I can offer to them if I don't know them well or at all. Still, it's even worse when I see a friend crying, but when they're too upset to retell the story...you can't do much either, so it's pointless to upset yourself trying. I just let the people who know what is up handle it, unless there is no one to do so.

Still, seeing someone I'm close to crying hurts, and gender doesn't even fall into that equation at all. The more I care about them, the worse it can tear into me as well, because once I glimpse it, I can't forget it until the emotion has obviously passed from them. I feel it within myself until they overcome it.

Online, anyone I know who is feeling that sad can affect me the same way. I don't even have to see them face to face to know it...just being able to see acute signs of it is enough, and like in reality, the closer I've bonded with someone, the worse I feel it in my own heart as they do...particularly if I know what the cause is. I follow the same rules for trying to console them as I do in reality, but the pain is no less, because I'm such a nice person.
    I agree with all of that, more or less. I never like to see someone sad, regardless of whether they're male or female. Regardless of whether they're friend or foe, even.

I'd be surprised to hear someone thought crying was a turn-on. Sure, it may be a "way in" to get to know a person, but I'd like to think of that as more of a matter of coincidence, rather than an intentional act.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...women crying was ever considered a turn-on? Why??

Dude, I know I'd be pretty disturbed if I were crying and my guy (he's hypothetical, okay? shut up ;_;) started getting aroused or something. WTF. :( Even if you don't take it as a sexual turn-on and more as a strengthening-relationship thing... I wouldn't want someone to be more attracted to me when I'm crying. I guess I see crying as a weakness so for someone to be more attracted to me when I'm in a weaker state of mind? Ehh, definitely no thanks. :/

But yeah, a crying chick? Probably not in the mood to put out. So WHY anyone would EVER associate it with positively affecting sexual desire/appeal... I don't understand.

Regardless, what a strange experiment. o_O I wonder what ever made anyone decide to go ahead with a hypothesis like that.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
  • That's correct you guys. The whole 'console' thing is what comes after, since the female presumably stops crying and goes, well...you know.

I would be turned off, personally. Especially if I AM turned on and she starts crying. Think about it.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • Wow that's crazy. I really love the feeling of comforting a girl as she cries. It makes me feel so good to be able to care for another human being in their time of despair. *sigh* :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • 1) Who would be arroused at it at all? unless their sick people.

Hmmm this is weird and interesting. If a girl was crying I would
    go comfert them ofcoarse. But its not like I have much sexual
    desire anyways.

Well we got something solved!

Kurtroll

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Women cry usually over stupid things, then when something emotionally "disturbing" happens that I'D cry about, they just get mad instead of sad, and cry anyway.

Idgi

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • They probably wrote that article because they were bored. Like everyone is saying, who the HELL would get turned on seeing someone cry? -unless their a sadistic bastard-
    That idea is ridiculous. = =;

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...I've always kinda assumed that only rapists would get turned on by crying...hence why they do it.

I mean, I'd comfort somebody, but it wouldn't make me want to have sex with them...at least until they'd stopped crying for a while and started smiling again xD (And if it was a guy, I just wouldn't ;P)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's not surprising maybe that's why guys feel bad when they see a girl all of a sudden cry and wants to comfort her to stop feeling bad and odd with guilt even if he wasn't the one who hurt her.

geox123

"Can go all night" Philosopher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I have to agree on having more of a "helping" feeling when seeing women cry. Actually, if anyone was crying, I'd feel compelled to understand them more than anything, much less be focused on sexual attraction or the attempt of courting said person.

Years
  • I think it's not fair when a woman cries, even the tomboys. It kinda gets me angry because it kinda forces me to help them through their situation, which is unfair.

But yeah, a turn-on? Why would they do that, I mean most men don't usually like masochistic women. If they do, something a tad wrong.

Back