• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    Its going to be very interesting now, Holland haven't lost at all in the world cup and their unbeaten record is something around 30 games now I think but Germany have hammered 2 at least decent sides.

EDIT: Whoops. and uhh Spain of course won Euro 2008 and were the favourites for this, not to forget them, they still have a chance to get to the final.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'd probably say Klose or Muller. Mainly because they weren't expected, unlike other players who we knew they were world class.

Otherwise, Robben and Villa get my vote.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I hope with all my might that Spain beats the crap out of Germany! I don't want the Germans to face Holland otherwise they'll probably win, and I don't want that! Against Spain, Holland still has a chance. I'm supporting Holland but if Spain wins the WC then I don't mind since they never won before. And if Spain does win against Germany, I hope Uruguay beats Germany to get the 3rd place, even though I don't like the Uruguaians. I just hate the German football team D:

Years
    But that's football: in a knockout stage, winning by 1-0 is no different from winning by 48-0.
    Yep. Spain's only scored 7 goals throughout the entire World Cup to Germany's 13, and now they're going to the finals. There'll be a new world champion this year, either the Netherlands or Spain; it's going to be a good final this year. Also, shame on Pedro. His selfishness could have costed Spain the whole match.

All hail the clairvoyant "Paul the Octopus"!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    Hiii this is Went passing by before going to the great party in the square near my house just to say: what a great match. It was awesome. Pedro did an awesome match, I knew he should be the forward instead of Torres.

I expected much more from Germany.

¡VIVA ESPAÑA!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I think Spain and Holland are worthy finalists but Germany would have been great as well. Uruguay also played well against the Dutch and I don't think those first two goals should have counted.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    What do you mean by "those first two goals shouldn't have counted"?

Looks like Paul the Octopus was right about the outcome of the Germany vs. Spain match.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Probably means that one offside goal?

Anywho, I thought this was an incredible game and definitely worthy of a semifinal match title. Both teams played great and even if it might have seemed boring in the first half, I thought each team did a wonderful job at countering the other's moves. The goal itself was amazing and it just seemed like it totally flew beyond Neuer. Despite the win, I kinda feel bad for Pedro, I can see him sitting out the final, or at least not starting.

Annnnnd even though every other prediction blew up in my face, I'm still calling this as a victory for Spain and they'll be the team I'm rooting for.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Probably means that one offside goal?

Anywho, I thought this was an incredible game and definitely worthy of a semifinal match title. Both teams played great and even if it might have seemed boring in the first half, I thought each team did a wonderful job at countering the other's moves. The goal itself was amazing and it just seemed like it totally flew beyond Neuer. Despite the win, I kinda feel bad for Pedro, I can see him sitting out the final, or at least not starting.

Annnnnd even though every other prediction blew up in my face, I'm still calling this as a victory for Spain and they'll be the team I'm rooting for.

Well too bad they figured out it wasn't offside since it was a double deflection.

K? Thanks. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Well too bad they figured out it wasn't offside since it was a double deflection.

K? Thanks. :)
    Remember for the first goal it was a great strike but van Bommel clearly fouled a Uruguayan player in the build up to the goal. I also think because van Persie moves towards the ball it's offsied and I have noticed that even if a ball hits a defender in this World Cup the linesmen still give it as offside. I admit I thought the rule was if it hit a defender it wasn't offside but too many have been given offside then.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Oh yeah I also heard about Paul the Octopus. He's so cool dude.

And that spectator than ran into the field was just hilarious! All the players were like o_O WTF?! Lol!

I'm so happy that there is no WC previous winner in the finals this time. I'm all the way for Holland even though I know it will be hard.

Last edited:
    Years
    Remember for the first goal it was a great strike but van Bommel clearly fouled a Uruguayan player in the build up to the goal.

We also must remember, Van Bommel gets away with murder. *cough*CLQuarterFinal(cough*

He is easily one of my most disliked players, along with Gallas & Tevez.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Awww don't say that, van Bommel is a sweetheart...I love him..He's so nice to refs, even for his club, that's why he doesn't get booked like the real *****.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, the Octopus has spoken. I should start celebrating now, we have won the World Cup.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Back