• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Game Ever

Years
  • The worst pokemon game, in my opinion, is Pokemon Colosseum. The story line was boring and double battling sucked. I like most pokemon games but not this one.

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    I strongly disagree that Pokemon Colosseum was the worst. The Newer game in the Unova and Sinnoh storyline was the worst actually. it is easier to beat them then Pokemon Colosseum. The harder the game is to beat the better the storyline is. It took me a day to beat both the Sinnoh and Unova games. A day for each game. Not a whole day for both. And it took me a year to beat Colosseum.

Silais

That useless reptile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    The newest Mystery Dungeon game, in my opinion, is the worst I've played. The story is really bland to me, and most of the old MD mechanics are dumbed down in the wake of "better" graphics. I was unbelievably disappointed in this game.

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
    Years
  • In my opinion, Pokemon Channel is the worst, because I don't play Pokemon to watch anime. I still enjoy it, but on a lesser scale than other games.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Out of all the ones I've ever played, I think Pokemon Trozei and Pokemon Dash were the least enjoyable to me. I don't outright hate them, since they did have a few redeeming qualities. However, even after beating them, hardly anything from 'em peaked my interest. There might be worse ones out there, but I haven't played every single Pokemon game as far as spin-offs go. I don't think any of the main series games are bad enough to be the "worst", since those games are several leagues higher than the ones I've listed, IMO.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Out of all the games I've played, Black has been the only one that's ever really got tedious - post-game sucks so bad. But it's not a bad game. The worst game (Although not the least enjoyable) is definitely Diamond. I know it was the first DS main series game, but I'm sure if they put a little more time in they could've had it at least up to Platinum standard. And the slow surfing in particular just seems like a stupid issue, they fixed it pretty easily in Pt, why not just never have the issue?
    Doesn't stop me playing it, but it's definitely the worst game.

Haha, forgot Pokémon Battle Revolution. PBR has no plotline, although it never really pretended to be more than just an excuse to see your pokémon in 3D on the TV. And whilst it was good for that, I still had no desire to keep the game - eventually it just got tedious, although I did get an Electivire out of it :).

Sirfetch’d

Pokemon Battle Revolution hands down. Such a disappointment with no story and really nothing to do in general. I originally bought it expecting it to be a fun game, but nope!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm actually going to disregard all spin-offs and just count the main series games here, if that's okay. I think FR/LG are quite hideous. Sure, it was fun to return to Kanto, but why did they not bring back day/night and why did they let the music be so bad compared to the wonderful tunes of Hoenn? Plus, they could have done so much more to spice up Kanto's boring routes from their gen I/II versions and overall just... Not as great as it could have been.

I haven't played enough spin-offs to have a say in that, so ;) And the ones I did play, PMD and PMD2, were pretty great even though they had their repetitious and tedious moments.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it has to be Pokémon Black 2/White 2. Their storylines were a lot similar to their prequels, they use the same starters (would've been better if they offered us different Pokémon than just Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott, in my opinion), and most of the locations remained the same. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this game, but when I finally did, I was pretty disappointed. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. D:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Counting only the main series, Diamond and Pearl have to be the worst in my opinion, for the sole reason of extremely slow pace all around, text speed, surfing, etc. Glaring lack of fire types just adds to the problem. Thankfully the latter was resolved along with surfing speed in Platinum.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • Pokemo. Battle Revolution was a big letdown for me. It wasn't terrible, but I was expecting a game like Colossuem or XD. Instead we got something really silly, and I didn't enjoy any of the quirky battle styles. This is more personal bias than a justified reason, but I found this game of be very dissapointing.

Riv

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    I'd say. Hmm. Hey you, Pikachu. That thing never listened to a word I said.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Stadium had no story and was a kickass game. Story isn't an excuse to bash PBR.

I'm going to get a lot of flack here but I'll say the original Red and Blue were the worst. Tons of glitches, bugged type chart with broken types, and really poor AI. It was cool back then, but it has aged horribly. FRLG weren't great remakes but they exceed the originals in every way.

Years
  • I'll have to say Black/White. After Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, B/W just felt like such a let down. It didn't have the same impact as Diamond/Pearl did. To this day, I still say that is why we ended up with Black2/White2 instead of 'Grey'.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Definitely the original Pokémon Stadium only released in Japan. It only had 42 Pokémon, lacked features, and was too difficult.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I've only played the main series games (besides rumble) and I have to say that B/W was the least enjoyable to play. I enjoy all Pokemon games but this one compared with the others was just so boring? I guess, I'm not saying B/W is bad through...
    I'm playing Black 2 now and it's much more fun, I just hope it's post game is going to be great unlike B/W...

Back