• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever..

Ever considering being a vegetarian?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • No.

Votes: 49 64.5%
  • Maybe. D:

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I would never become a vegetarian because a person can't survive by just eating green material, you need at least some meat in your body to survive.

No, plenty of people have lived their whole lifes without eating meat. There are ways you can replace the nutrients normally found in meat:

"Necessary nutrients, proteins, and amino acids for the body's sustenance can be found in green leafy vegetables, grains, nuts, and fortified juices or soymilk"

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    NoOoOoOoOo WAY!

My parents tried to force me to like vegetables and that stuff, but, I simply couldnt stand them (I can bare just a small amount of things), most of the time I'd be too close to puke when I eat a bit of something I dont like.

I will never be a vegetarian.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Meat is awesome, so why? I see why people want to stop killing animals; too bad it's the cycle of life.

When I say Hillshire, you say Farm, Hillshire...Farm, GO MEAT!
    Farm!
    but come on, i don't see how people can't live without meat.
    Tofu tastes disgusting to about 90% of people, and meat is just the main source of protein(and some other stuff i think).
    And i think fish and chicken is meat, so people really can't qualify themselves as vegans when they are eating something that used to live, breathe, and move around of their own will.
    besides, not eating meat to stop animal cruelty won't stop the production anytime soon, so i don't think its a good idea to stop in spite. someone else will just buy the meat, and that is our everyday world.
    and besides, nuts like almonds and cashews are very unfulfilling, it'd take about 1,000 of those to equal a burger. the cycle of life sucks, but its part of our everyday lives.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I would never go vegetarian. I mean don't get me wrong, I like vegetables (espeically brocolli, corn, and potatoes), but I could never stop eating my Mom's meat loaf, sausage, and my Ema's (Ema means Mom/Grandma in Hebrew) Steak.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I would never become a vegetarian because a person can't survive by just eating green material, you need at least some meat in your body to survive.
    LOL not true.

I haven't had a speck of meat for a year, now... amigunnadie? ;;

Honestly... if you think that humans need meat to survive, go do some research and then come talk to me. XD;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I am a vegetarian, and have been for about a month now and I'm not a very strict one by any means. I still eat fish and eggs, I just don't like red meat and I never really have so I figured I would just remove it from my diet.

I'm fine with it :>
    What is it with everyone not considering fish and eggs to be meat? Just because it lives in the sea or hasn't been born yet doesn't mean it's not an animal.

Ironically, vegetarians still have things killed for their consumption, namely parts of plants. Intensively raised rice has much less repect than a battery hen, and why? Sad, sad...
    Save a carrot, eat a cow.

Last edited:

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
    id never consider to be a veggitarian cuz most veggutairains want even eat stuff that came from a animal i neeed my eggs and milk and meat good protien
    lol so no i woul never

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What is it with everyone not considering fish and eggs to be meat? Just because it lives in the sea or hasn't been born yet doesn't mean it's not an animal.

Ironically, vegetarians still have things killed for their consumption, namely parts of plants. Intensively raised rice has much less repect than a battery hen, and why? Sad, sad...

Because it is allot harder to cut eggs from the diet, and fish for me are just so tasty =P and they are alot different from land animals, for me they just seem "less human" you can make friends with a dog or cat or even a cow but not with a fish.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I would like to, because I feel that I would help the environment in many ways if I ate only vegetables. But I just can't. I like meat too much. I always have a bad conscience about it, but I'm too selfish to stop eating meat. I could propably eat less meat and more vegetables, though.

To me, the main point of being a vegetarian isn't just saving poor suffering animals. Of course I feel bad about that too, but only if they are raised in bad conditions. Othervise it's just the cycle of narute. No, the most important thing to me is that there would be more than enought food to everyone on this planet if everyone were vegetarians. It's because then we could use all field area to grow grain for people instead of feed for the animals we eat.

I've never really understood how is, for example, eating moose such a terrible thing. There's plenty of moose in Finland, and people have to hunt them down because othervise there would be too many of them, causing a lot of damage to the forests and car accidents, too. So the moose has to be killed either way, and it lived its life happily in the nature. The end. :P

But I still think people could survive without eating meat. At least soy products and some beans have the same kind of proteins we can have from meat. But I still understand if people just like meat. I like it too.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022

Hey now bud, I never said I didn't consider fish to not be meat, I am well aware it is. I'm not a vegetarian because I'm against killing animals for food, like I said in my post, I just don't like red meat. Hence the fact that I'm not a strict one.

And if people still want to eat fish and eggs, then why not?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I love animals but.. I need meh meat. I couldn't survive without hamburgers, bacon, pepperoni pizza, fried chicken, steak, ahhhh. x3

Years
    Ive been a vegan for at least 4 years now. Can't remember.
    It means I dont eat meat, fish, eggs, cheese, milk..

The very first reason why Im vegan is that I cant stand how people torture and abuse animals only for their purposes. It's like people believe animals dont have feelings and that they are only food.
    It's so rude how they treat them.

The second reason why I'm vegan is because by now I think it's disgusting to eat something that lived. (Don't tell me vegetables live, too... It's ridiculous to say so.)

Besides I don't miss anything. Tofu is delicious if you know how to cook it. Soya Milk is also tasty if you're used to.
    There's no reason for me to eat meat/cheese/eggs again.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yeah, i have. When you think about the meat your eating and imagine that dead animal being right there its kind of nasty.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    At times, yes I might consider myself to become a vegetarian I just feel real bad for the animals you know at times. But I'm steal a regular meat eater,but don't eat much.

Back