• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see more than one save file?

Years
  • Every Pokemon game so far has only had one save file. Would you like it if there were more? Is it a space issue or just a way to get people to buy the other versions?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Hmmm...well i would like it but i prefer one cause 1 file is enough for me to go through and getting a main team on it. Its a good idea for 2 files and have different teams but i like 1.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    It really depends for me, spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon, only one, but for Main Series, I would like 2 or more.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I definitely think that more than one save file would be helpful, the only problem is, if you had a Pokemon you had on save file 2, that you wanted on save file 1 they'd need to invent some kind of system around that. However if they did have two or more save files per game, I would be more likely to restart over and over again, and play through the stories more than once. :D

Jakerius

Magikarp
    Years
  • I love this idea, But the reason they don't have more than 1 save file is so people will buy the other version as well.

Guest123_x1

Pokémon save files contain a LOT of information and detail on nearly every aspect of the player's journey. With a very limited amount of room for saving player data, it's just not possible to fit more than one save file at a time, as wonderful such an idea sounds, and as much as I like the idea.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oh my God yes yes yes. I know it's never going to happen, but it would still be the thing I'd want most in any future Pokemon game. The ability to play multiple files and have them both stored on the same cartridge would be amazing, especially for people who like challenges or just going through a replay without wanting to wipe their precious hard-earned data. But, it's probably never going to happen. I can still dream, though...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    Pokémon save files contain a LOT of information and detail on nearly every aspect of the player's journey. With a very limited amount of room for saving player data, it's just not possible to fit more than one save file at a time, as wonderful such an idea sounds, and as much as I like the idea.

Yeah well when they make gen 6 or the R/S remakes they will most likely be on 3DS, which has system memory AND twice the amount of space on their cartridges.
    Anyways, i would like to see 3 files, which would allow you to have all the starters at a time.
    I dont think it would stop people from buying the other version, because you would still need the other version to get all the version exclusive pokemon like zekrom or reshiram.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    This would have to sum up my reaction to this question lol.

Reason why is because I would love to do another run on certain entries in the series without having to lose all the progress I've obtained in my previous save file in all honesty lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, I'd like to have more than 1 save file per cartridge because it'd be cool to do replays of the same game with different starters without getting rid of my old save.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
  • Pokémon save files contain a LOT of information and detail on nearly every aspect of the player's journey. With a very limited amount of room for saving player data, it's just not possible to fit more than one save file at a time, as wonderful such an idea sounds, and as much as I like the idea.
    Yup Yup I was gonna say that.XD
    -------------------------------------
    Although if there was 2 files i would get it for one to play a Boy then the second to play the Girl!XD I Know pretty stupid huh.XD

WeegeeMan

I haz Pokumawnz
    Years
  • I would definitely want more than one save file in the Hoenn games, simply because they're so rich and different from the other regions. I could beat the game in one file (I hope) and leave the other file just to continue the adventure.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd like to see it, impossible as it seems to be. For no other purpose than to replay the game without fear of losing all my Pokemon and other save data. It's what's keeping me from playing Platinum through again.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Yes I would love if the pokemon games offered more than one save file. The idea of starting a new game without having to erase all of the hard earned content of my original file is enough to salavate over and would be the Holy Grail. T.T but alas, I guess it's not to be.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I'd love to see 2 save files. That would mean that I could do challenges on one and actually play the game on the other.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I wouldn't want to see multiple saves, just the one. I wouldn't think they would insert other saves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Multiple save files would be nice however I don't think it's feasible given the constraints of the cartridge. I think one save file per game is also to stop game sharing and perhaps to add difficulty to collecting Pokemon.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • That'd be awesome, tho some ppl might use it to cheat (like to choose different starters for each save and trade it with someone and trade it back to themselves and stuff)

Back