• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you name a pet after a pokemon? Have you?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh God, I hate to have to say this but... yes.

I once had three crabs; Ash, Krabby and Pikachu. D:

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I don't think I would ever name a pet after a Pokemon... Just because I could think of better names lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I have a cat named Pichu. But actually named it that the same year red/blue came out, so Pichu wasn't really a pokemon yet... Pichu was an adorable kitten and my brother was telling my mom we should take a picture of him, but she thought he called him "Pichu" and the name stuck.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • I wouldn't directly name a pet after a pokemon but Jynx for example would be a good name for a cat. Ditto for dog etc.

Ayselipera

Hahaha XD no I haven't yet. If I ever get a fish in the near future then I could see myself naming it after some aquatic pokemon.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I tried to name one of my cats Pikachu when I was little, but my dad wouldn't let me

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    If I ever get another puppy, which may not be for a while, mind you, I would totally name it Eevee, if it looked similar to one. I told my mom, that if I ever got a pet hedgehog, I would name it Shaymin.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • yes and no. There is a story involved, so...

One night my friend and I were sewing pokemon ears to put on hats, and I started to make mine dark green.
    My friend: What pokemon has green ears?
    Me: The pokemon I made up. His name is Greenbo, and his ears are green.
    My friend: (cracks up laughing) okay, that makes a whole lot of sense.

when I got my turtle, I named him Greenbo

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I want to do that! Maybe I'll name the cat I'm getting somewhere in the future Bulbasaur or something equally weird XD It would be awesome.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Well when my new house is built and we move in, my mum said I can have guinea pigs. I'll probably name them after any random pokemon like pikachu or bulbasaur or something. I'll atleast name 1 of them after a pokemon.

mum said we MIGHT get a cat... maybe it'll be skittish and I'll have an excuse to call it skitty... Or maybe Eevee! But I probably won't name it after a pokemon lol

And then we're getting chickens, 10 of them. I'm sure I'll get to name atleast 2 of them, so I might name on torchic,

If we end up getting another dog, which I doubt we will, I might name it lucario. or maybe I could name the cat lucario. And it's nickname would be luke, so I don't have to reveal to my friends how I'm still obsessed with pokemon.

But I've never named a pet after a pokemon. but when I was little I used to pretend my dog and cat were pokemon

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I just realized something, my dog, named by my mum (who isn't a pokemon fan so wouldn't know anything about it) is called Sparky. I just remembered today, that in kanto there was that kid called Richie and he had a pikachu with a little scruff on his head, nick named Sparky. I think thats a pretty cool coincidence

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • No but I would give the same nicknames my pokemon did to name my pets

Pikachu = Sparky/ Leon
    If I had a Dog I would name it Sparky or Leon

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It's possible that my parents would finally let me have a pet Hamster, but then...

... I would have to be really uncreative and bored that day for this to happen...

.. Oh! I know! I'll name my future Hamster Bidoof!!!

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • I don't remember it, but my cousins often say that my family had a dog named Pikachu, and its older brother was Raichu. I don't know, they said I was too young to remember them.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I plan to get another hamster soon, and was wondering what I might call it. I went through Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman before briefly considering calling it Darkrai.
    However, I now plan to name it Apollo after the Ancient Greek and Roman god of music, light and prophecy.

So, I considered it, but I never have, and most likely never will. It'd be pretty fun, though.

I sometimes call my pet cat (named Toby) Skitty. Just sometimes, though. Not as a proper nickname.

xX

Back