• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you travel solo or with a partner?

Traveling?

• Total voters

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Like Ash travels with Misty and Brock to begin with, or like in the games where you travel alone...which would you do?
    Would you find a single partner to travel with, or would you travel in a group?
    What would your partner/group be like? Or why would you travel alone?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If I could, I would travel in a group, myself and two of my closest friends. Traveling alone in the real world from place to place, through night and day would be kind of creepy. This applies more than I thought considering wild Pokémon would actually be real. Not to mention, it would get kind of lonely, while with a group you'll have more people to associate with and help you out if you get stuck along the way. So, it's basically a no-brainer for me, but if I had to travel independently, then I'd want to make the best out of it.

Years
    If I was in a relationship with someone at the time, then I'd definitely go on a journey with them. Trying to look brave is one of the best ways of countering being scared of things that go bump in the night, and that'd certainly help when having to camp out overnight on routes and stuff. However, if I didn't have somebody like that at the time then I would travel alone (though I'd still have my Pokemon so it's not really like I'm travelling alone).

Years
    I imagine that traveling with only pokemon for company would get kind of lonely after a while. They're more intelligent than pets, but conversation probably gets old really quickly. I'd want someone around I could talk to and relate to. Even if I wasn't traveling through forests and camping between visiting towns it's still better to have someone around because they'll think to do things that I wouldn't and I'd have a better experience with them around. One or two people would be enough for me. More and it turns into the pizza problem where no one can agree on what to order, or in this case what to do in general.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I'd go single. I'm a loner by nature, so not having anybody to talk to wouldn't bother me so much. As for the scary things...well, that's what I'd have my Pokémon for. (:

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    I'd love to go with a partner, that way I wont be that lonely, if im in a group then I'd feel a bit overcrowded so just one partner is fine for me

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I'd want to travel with a partner. Probably start solo... ash did.. get joined, but my personality would drive them away. xD

My pokémon would probably leave too. xD

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Solo. I do get annoyed by people rather easily, so it'd probably be in my best interest to just go at it alone. Don't want any distractions to keep from training. :cheeky: Plus, your pokemon are with you so you're not technically alone.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    @thirty-six: That's a bit negative thinking!

Sure, I'd travel with someone. It'd be no fun on your own.

Ayselipera

I'd like to travel with atleast one other person. Someone I can stand for long periods of time. Anything more than one person would be too many. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My traveling partner must be female. She must pass an aptitude test, be willing to submit to a drug test, possess a driver's license and a full-size Buick (no way in heck am I walking), and have a steady income. She must dislike the same Pokemon I do, and must object to sleeping anywhere without "Inn", "Hotel" or "Suites" in the name.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    It honestly depends on the situation.

I'd most likely go with a group. I have a bunch of friends who'd go with me for sure.

If I was in a relationship, I'd be with them. That's something I'm sure my friends wouldn't want to see, hahaha.

I could deal with being by myself, but I'd like to have a Pokemon partner. Torterra, Venusaur or Gliscor would be ideal. =D

Years
    I would travel with a group. Although, there might be some times where I would want to be alone. Still, being in a group would be fun.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I would go with friends because it would make everything much less boring. Besides going alone would be way too quiet.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Me and my one friend would go on an adventure together! Man, I wish there was a pokemon virtual world. lol xD

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    Solo, if I'm with someone for too long and too close they start to get under my skin.

Unless it were my girlfriend, then i guess it would be okay, but a random person would make me uncomfortable.

Neptune

Energy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2010
    I would definitely travel with a partner xD
    I think I'd get lonely...xDDDD

Back