• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would You Wear Your PokeWalker To School?

Would You Wear Your PokeWalker to School?

• Yes

Votes: 292 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 101 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
  • My school has six floors, and I have to walk alot to get there, so it's tempting...

But my "friends" will probably bully me for carrying around a wannabe PokéBall...

So I don't know.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I probably would if I was too lazy to train my pokemon but I also wouldnt because it would kind of be annoying for me to carry around everywhere.

futsukushi

Duel Monsters Ambassador
    Years
  • You bet I would.

Heck, I already have... when I imported Heart Gold, my friends practically forced me to wear it so they could play around with it too.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I'm in college, so walking around campus with it will be fantastic. I'll probably bring it to work with me as well, considering I'm walking around office buildings doing cleaning all the time for work. ^.^ It'll be a great way to get a little Pokemon fix when I can't have my DS on. :P

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Wow, this thread is still alive? XD

So yeah, most people would still bring their PokeWalkers to school

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • My idea was to put the PokeWalker in an extremely protective case and throw it in a blender, or anything else that will cause the counter to go up quickly with little effort. But I probably will take it to school, and get laughed at for still liking Pokemon.

Oh, well!

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • YES.

'Cause I walk a lot during the day. My classes are spread all over my school, and mah school's BIG! Dx

Also, everyone thinks I'm a freak anyway, so why not?

Years
  • I don't go to school right now, but I'd take it with me everywhere else, maybe.
    Question: Do these come with the pre-order only or can you get them when/after it gets released?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't go to school right now, but I'd take it with me everywhere else, maybe.
    Question: Do these come with the pre-order only or can you get them when/after it gets released?
    They're included in the game box, so you can get them whenever. It's why the game costs a slight bit more than what stores were expecting (afaik) because they weren't sure if the Pokewalker would be included. But since it is, the price has gone up a bit from original listing price in some stores.

It's not a pre-release special (that's the figurine), nor is it sold separately. It's sold as a package deal, just as it was in Japan.

I'm still bringing mine to work, btw. My manager will be interested in it.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I will, but it'll be in my backpack. Unless I see a bunch of people wearing them, in which case I'll say "screw it" and do so as well.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • Well, I don't know if I'll get one, because I can download the game on my R4 too... Maybe this will change my opinion! But does the Pokéwalker also count when I have it in my backpack, or not? Because I really don't want to be seen with the Pokéwalker, because I'm 15 and that's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad for my reputation.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well, I don't know if I'll get one, because I can download the game on my R4 too... Maybe this will change my opinion! But does the Pokéwalker also count when I have it in my backpack, or not? Because I really don't want to be seen with the Pokéwalker, because I'm 15 and that's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad for my reputation.

That's a lot of really's o_o

The PokéWalker recognizes hip movement, so if you keep in a backpack, it may not detect your step counts accurately or much at all. If you're embarrassed of anyone noticing you have a PokéWalker, I would suggest just keeping it in your pocket. Therefore, you're guaranteed to gain step counts and no one should be able to see it.

As for myself, my pocket or belt will be my placeholder for it while I go out to the mall and park. Preferable my pocket, as things hooked onto my belt seem to become uncomfortable after a certain amount of time.

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years

Lmao^

Lol, turn 19 this summer and I am going to walk around with one.. xD
    Heck why not? No one would probably notice that I have it, let alone realize what it is anyway. xD

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years

Lmao^

Lol, turn 19 this summer and I am going to walk around with one.. xD
    Heck why not? No one would probably notice that I have it, let alone realize what it is anyway. xD

I turn 21 in May.

I'm wearing my Pokewalker to work and on my college campus.

I love Pokemon. I'm a nerd. If people don't like it, pfft, they can take a hike. ^.^ (And if they do take a hike, I might make them wear my Pokewalker. Get used out of those extra steps. :P)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • ^ haha, force them to wear it, brilliant.

Apparently a bunch of the upperclassmen want to wear it for the lol. I'll be joining in for that. XD;

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Of course I would! Leveling while I get to my next class would be awesome. Besides, the campus is huge!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    it might break, and people will know i like pokemon, and people will make fun of me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back