• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wouldn't it be Cool If...

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    A real life Pokemon World existed somewhere on Earth. Like an actual centre that was within 9000 acre field, fenced off, in those diametres.

Just like Ash in the anime, except for having pikachu thrusted in presence, instead as trainers choosing pokemon, meeting professor Oak/Elm, getting a pokedex, pokegear etc. Being able to catch pokemon, trade, travel around different regions battling against other trainers.

Parents won't be seeing their children for at least a year LOL,instead U guess whoever runs the business could have on site a school and trainers get an education while you travel and catch pokemon, the all new pokemon academy where you learn about pokemon and get educated too!

I would literally be living on site if something like that existed.

If only this was true.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Most trainers don't meet up with a regional professor and don't own a PokeDex. At least in RBY, it was introduced as something completely new, if I remember rightly.
    I'd be concerned personally as to when some get out, because it's not an 'if' question, what will happen to our existing animals.

Helena

Perverted Dude?
    Years
  • If such place were true, then scientists would call them 'animals', not Pokemon.
    They would be there studying every single PokeMon and random people would probably be restricted. It would take eons before we can interact with PokeMon like how we do in the Game/Series.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I agree with Helena, but still is such a great fantasy right? To have your own Pokemon, interact with them... I dreamt with it since I was six xD I always wanted an Arbok to protect myself of being bullied lol

Anyway I think some Pokemon could (biologically speaking) be real, like an Eevee or an Staravia. But some of them are just plain impossible, like Magneton or Porygon...

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I would never leave that place.

I would also hunt shinys. All of em. Mine.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Even being speculative (?) this would be so awesome... - w-

I want to be there. :3

I would get my Spoinky, and my Pidgey, and my Vulpixy, and I would love them and raise them and smuggle them out of the compound to wreak havoc on the global wildlife.

Years
  • Just one thing...how would the caged off area keep FLYING pokemon within the area?...and what about the ones that burrow as well?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Like invisible barriers, with robot gadgets these days Oregan, anything is possible, like homing pidgeons they know when to return home, the same type of technique would be applied to flying pokemon and they could only travel so far, remember 9000 acres is about a size of a small city like Boston, a lot more less, but still.

I definitely wouldn't want poke world bigger than Japan. Other's it would take so long lol.

I would love to have Poliwag, Lapras with me, I would be living in a beachfront environment but with lots of hills on other side to be able to train my pokemon. I would actually like to be someone who owns legendary pokemon, not because of there but because of family tradition, being the 6th generation to catch a legendary and mind would hands down would be Celebi, I would go by the trainer name of Star.

With robot going the rate it is, it wouldn't surprise me if Japan of course it would only make sense considering this is where pokemon all began for poke world to exist somewhere within Japan.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
  • I don't know, I think it would be pretty cool, up to the point where either the humans attack and kill all the pokemon, seeing them as a threat to mankind, or the pokemon rebel, break out and take over the world... My theory

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Yeah, I would totally love this. I'd catch a Magikarp! Yeah, sure, people who didn't know what a Pokemon is would be like "lol ur fish iz n00b!" I'd be like "ya well MAGIKARP, USE EVOLVE!" Gyarados dominates.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Even if a place like this were real, don't you think laws would prevent people from pitting their pokemon against one another like dog fighting?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Even if a place like this were real, don't you think laws would prevent people from pitting their pokemon against one another like dog fighting?

Good point.

Maybe a virtual reality game in 30-50 years or something like that might be actually possible and accessible to most people.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    This is a cute dream. I wished too that I could have my own Pokemon and go around, beating other trainers and taking names and getting badges and exploring all with some friends. Unfortunately, like Helena said, it would take forever for humans to be able to interact with Pokemon because people are afraid of what they don't know. We would never be with Pokemon in our life times if they were discovered, that's for sure.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Be careful what you wish for

Of course there would be super cute pokemon like...
    Spoiler:

:D

And of course pokemon like these...
    Spoiler:

Dx

A world full of pokemon...nah not for me.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well I think we already do have real-life pokemon. Sure earth animals may not be able to shoot water at high speeds out of their mouth, turn into a blaze without burning to death, or transform into other animals but in many ways they truly are 'pokemon'.

Electric eels conduct electricity to move around and catch prety
    Komodo dragons poison prey and wait till they die to come in for the final eating
    Anacondas literally squeeze their prey to death
    Dogs can bite, run fast and move on command
    Apes are stronger than two fully grown men, have powerful arms, and can swing up and down trees.

It's here, it's just that we don't really look into it so we ignore it! Though of course I'd prefer a pikachu over a mouse.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I'm aiming more at robotics in an enclosed area, not roaming free around the globe, it would be an invasion of some cultures etc.

I could imagine Japan being first off the bench to have such an enclosed Poke'World.

Years
  • I'm aiming more at robotics in an enclosed area, not roaming free around the globe, it would be an invasion of some cultures etc.

I could imagine Japan being first off the bench to have such an enclosed Poke'World.
    So you mean pitting robot Pokemon against each other in battle? I find that awesome in its own right. Not to mention that would prevent the world from becoming even more utter chaos.

Back